• Breaking News

    Monday, November 11, 2019

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - November 11, 2019

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - November 11, 2019


    Questions Thread - November 11, 2019

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 04:09 PM PST

    Questions Thread - November 11, 2019

    This is a general question thread on November 11, 2019. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the Wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in the #any-question channel in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new. We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [STD] Demon Sever Jewelled Foil - 710 pDPS

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 12:47 PM PST

    Sextant QoL (no words needed)

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 10:28 AM PST

    I miss Build of the Week

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 10:16 PM PST

    It was always a fun series to show off unique builds that you could miss if you didn't lurk on the build forums. This forum post said they would change the format to build showcase and make it less regular (while not "skipping whole leagues"). However that post was made during Synthesis and we still have nothing. I've accepted it as a dead series at this point, but I'm still sad about.

    submitted by /u/alt266
    [link] [comments]

    The Tooltip of the "Shockwave Support" should be rephrased.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 10:36 AM PST

    I've tried another End-of-League-Shenanigan with Varunastra and found out, that you cannot use Shockwave with skills like Viper Strike or Puncture even though you can use the skill if it's supported by Shockwave which you normally couldn't. The weapon requirements don't match. VS needs a claw, dagger or sword. Shockwave needs sceptres, maces and staves. Varunastra is a sword, axe, claw, dagger, and mace.

    Normally, if you have a sword and link Shockwave with Viper Strike, you flat out cannot use Viper Strike and Shockwave isn't represented in the Tooltip. If you have Varunastra equipped, you can use the skill while Shockwave still isn't represented in the Tooltip.

    The line

    "Supported Skills can only be used with Maces, Sceptres and Staves" 

    should be rephrased to

    "Can only support skills which use Maces, Sceptres or Staves" 

    It's a minor nitpick, but it was kinda disappointed when I found out it doesn't work because Varunastra should be a sword, axe, claw, dagger, and mace.

    EDIT: Changed the phrasing of the rephrasing suggestion because of PaleHorseChungus' input.

    submitted by /u/Megadarth
    [link] [comments]

    bye Shaper, see you next league...

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 09:06 AM PST

    GGG can we talk you guys into making Merch store where we can buy the new stuff?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 10:27 AM PST

    In the lastest announcement https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2675797 You guys say

    As we mentioned before, the easiest way to purchase our merchandise for now is to attend ExileCon this weekend, but in case there is any leftover stock, we will find a way of making it available for the wider community online.

    I for one think you all would be better served actually getting more of this stuff made instead of just selling the left overs. I'd be willing to bet that stress ball will be sold out at the con, which means none in any merch store or supporter pack (which you could easily put some of this stuff into as a sweetener)

    hopefully reddit can help persuade you (ehem guys that's your cue)

    submitted by /u/Science-stick
    [link] [comments]

    Mana Guardian Amulet

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 04:05 AM PST

    Miss the race seasons

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 03:24 AM PST

    Had a lot of fun with blight, maybe some of the most fun since Invasion. Got fed up, quit mid-league and now I start to work myself up for 3.9. I got into my profile on the site and my eyes targeted my "current" season progress.

    The current season ended three (3) years ago! I remembered how much fun the race season were. A mix of different modes gave everyone the chance to earn a fair amount of points towards rewards (if the races was scheduled in spare time hours of course) and was a nice play between leagues.

    The end and release of leagues has since then changed and there is less "dead state" between leagues, I get that. But the game has so much content that I would be so easy to fill up a race season event schedule. Blight died out so fast, I bet there would be so much more player retention by offering a race league as well. Does anyone know what GGG said about potential future race seasons? Hoping to see them back in the game some day again.

    submitted by /u/BologneseGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Classic Stream Conversations

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 07:17 AM PST

    Announcements - Swag Bag for ExileCon Attendees

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 01:42 PM PST

    So, anyone still have in possession of bugged annointed items?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 11:52 AM PST

    Been calling out on people's bullshit and still can't find anyone who still has it.

    submitted by /u/sovkirk85
    [link] [comments]

    Argus in first room.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 11:17 PM PST

    To all endgame-grinders out there. Argus is in the first room for the next 16 hours.

    submitted by /u/key3david
    [link] [comments]

    Any cool melee builds to try with a 6L 6 white sockets shavs?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 11:57 AM PST

    Got a lucky 6 white slot corruption on my shavs last night and was wondering if there are any cool attack builds that otherwise would be too hard to get off colors on.

    submitted by /u/iAboveTheClouds
    [link] [comments]

    ExileCon Merchandise

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 04:23 PM PST

    So I cannot change the links on my corrupted Maloney's Mechanism...

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 02:33 PM PST

    New Player playing Shadow as a Mage. Need some advice on passive skills!

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 01:30 PM PST

    Hey, everyone. So actually I am not a new player, but the last time I played POE was after its release so it's been some years and I never made it to endgame back then.

    For my first char this time I wanted to play a mage but didn't like the female model and Trickster sounded like an interesting Ascendency. So far I am mostly using lightning spells. I played around with Spark, Arc, Tendrils and Ball lightning as my main skill and atm I am using Arc with Faster Casting and Arcane Surge Support. Additionally I am using Orb of Storms, Cold Snap to slow and generate frenzy and Wrath Aura.

    I have not specialized in an element yet because I didn't make my decision yet. But I guess it will Cold or Lightning because many fire nodes seem to be on the left side of the passive tree and Cold/Lightning closer to shadow.

    I am only level 39 and have 13 points to spent at the moment but I am not sure if I should invest in more dmg or go for defense. Someone told me that you lose a lot of resists at some point and also for a mage survivability is important. At the moment I am mostly a glass cannon. Most encounters are very easy, but occasionally I get 1 or 2-shot at bosses.

    This is my passive tree at the moment: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.8.2/AAAABAYCAAbnBx4OSBGWH0EtqTmZSVFKQFRHXfJw1IIeiEKMNo_6lPGVLphTnsSkBaa-tDi3OMHFylnRReNi5RnsGPDV9fr4l_mk-_U=

    I would be thankful if someone could give me some advice on what to go for. You don't have to exactly plan my passives but some advice on how much damage and defense I need and what passive skills are core for a trickster mage later on.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/stinsfire_smite
    [link] [comments]

    Stocking maps for bulk sales

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 08:19 AM PST

    I decided to try experimenting with setting my map tabs up to dump maps that I'm not going to run and just want to dump. To facilitate this, each tier is priced @ 5-6c/X, where X varies depending on the tier.

    It seems, however, that while trade websites are good about being up front about what I actually have or don't have players aren't always great about noticing what's actually available: poe.trade might list, say, 5c/5 glaciers when I only have 4 glaciers, but it also displays my actual stock and informs users that I don't have the amount they want when they do the whisper (the official site, mercifully, doesn't seem to list understocked maps at all).

    I'm curious as to whether there's a better way to approach this issue without using up a lot of extra tab real estate, or having to memorize what's actually in stock so that I don't accidentally invite someone to buy a quantity of maps that I don't actually have. I'd like to keep the process of offering up whatever maps I don't want to run as quick and simple as possible; being able to just fill the map tab up and let people buy if they so choose is simple in and of itself, but having to think about what's in stock, and potentially interrupting play time for nothing runs counter to the purpose. At one point, I had someone attempt to buy 50 haunted mansions from me when I clearly only had 5; this, at least, is easy to handle, but something like a person requesting 5 of a map that I only have 3 or 4 of? I'm not likely to recall, in the moment, that I only have 3 grottos, or whatever.

    Any help as we approach New League Season would be appreciated; thank you!

    submitted by /u/Vellius5
    [link] [comments]

    Beast Whorl, the most boppin' resistance ring

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 02:55 PM PST

    How to cure your PoE addiction thanks to our new patent pending project

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 10:23 AM PST

    Nice to know: You can turn ripped amulets back to a craftable base. But you still lose the anoint.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 01:38 PM PST

    In your opinion... What atlas do you think is cooler to give to my boyfriend on his birthday?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 10:18 PM PST

    Help. Do you have build ideas (viable) for this?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 12:50 PM PST

    Gearing problem

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 12:32 PM PST

    What should I do to get gear with the sockets that I need? I don't have unlimited resources and I just seem to be extremely unlucky with drops. So right now I can't really use the skills and supports that I have to their fullest potential.

    submitted by /u/tucojogos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel