• Breaking News

    Friday, July 30, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - July 30, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - July 30, 2021


    Questions Thread - July 30, 2021

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Like, jinkies Scoob! Who would have thought!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    When your damage is nerfed but monster regen is not

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    If they nerfed damage, speed and awakened gems, why do we still have to do soo many maps still to have the Elderslayers and Sirus spawn. I enjoy fighting Sirus, but I feel like "What's the point", since its soo much effort and the awakened gems lost so much value.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    How do flasks KNOW things?!? #CORRUPTED #GOWITHGOD

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    Summon Reaper too powerful, GGG do good nerf

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    Thinking about how I skipped ultimatum league and now PoE is this...

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 09:27 PM PDT

    A 25 minute fight vs Medved for this

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:41 AM PDT

    PSA: Shield Crush has 5-7 Physical damage per 15 Armour/Evasion at gem level 23 (big damage increase)

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    Could this mod be highlighted please? It literally says "Monsters are immune to all damage" for CoC builds.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:29 AM PDT

    Guess I just found a new map boss

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    A lot of new skills feel like they're being designed in a vacuum

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:21 AM PDT

    I feel like anyone doing a direct comparison between something like Summon Reaper in its current form, and a full Spectre or SRS or Phantasm or Skele army would've instantly seen that it would in no way be even remotely competitive without some serious changes.

    This was a concern I think most people had the second they revealed the skill, and Chris' relatively weak answer to Ziggy's concerns about its clear during the Q&A did not exactly fill me with confidence either.

    I think anyone making a skill like that would have to understand that the sheer amount of clear and/or boss DPS it would need to be a viable alternative to those existing builds would have to be astronomical to make it worth giving up having the usual army. It's a cool idea, but the fact that its AoE is so lacking, and its HP/damage numbers are so undertuned, makes me wonder what kind of environment they're testing new skills in. I feel like it should've been obvious that it was going to underperform from day 1.

    Like, it literally has less HP than a single zombie or spectre, and yet it's supposed to be a solo super minion. That didn't strike anyone on the dev team as odd? Same thing with Absolution being so undertuned that it actually needed a 400% MORE buff. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad they went ahead with it, but that's more than just "slightly" undertuned. I don't think I've ever seen a skill that needed a buff that huge before.

    To me, a good question to ask is not just whether a skill is interesting due to its inherent flavor, but whether there's actually any good reason to use it over an existing alternative. It needs to perform better, or at least at an equivalent level, in one or more niches. Otherwise, why does it even exist?

    Herald of Agony accomplished Reaper's goal once upon a time by essentially allowing you to build insanely tanky and have an unkillable minion with basically full-screen clear and low investment. Damage numbers were never insane on it, but that was never the point of the skill. It was for people who wanted to basically build full tank and still have decent damage.

    Right now, you can instantly look at a skill like Stormbind without ever using it and know it's going to be shit just due to the sheer setup time when Arc and Ball Lightning exist. It's like it was designed for a game that isn't actually PoE.

    Makes it kind of hard to get as excited for a new skill as I should be. 'Cause a lot of them seem to be developed without considering how they actually stack up against legacy skills with a similar niche.

    It's a huge downer when a new league introduces like 6 new skills, and 5 of them end up being shit, especially when they're just bad on a mechanical level like Stormbind where even number buffs won't save thme.

    submitted by /u/moal09
    [link] [comments]

    Real life Headhunter - my Path of Exile long-wanted craft

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:24 AM PDT

    Real life Headhunter - my Path of Exile long-wanted craft submitted by /u/Nox_Eterna
    [link] [comments]

    Logbooks are the mechanic I didn't know I wanted

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    I've always been somewhat jealous of people who enjoy things outside of maps like heisting, blighted maps, or delving. I thought I was just destined to be a mapper. With logbooks I finally know what it is like to have something I enjoy outside of maps. In fact most feedback I've seen on them has been positive.

    I've seen people compare log books to almost every other league, including ambush, blight, legion, synthesis, ritual. It seems to have taken a little bit from every other league and combined them to make something its own.

    I know people are down on this league, but if one thing can survive and go core I hope it's logbooks. I know that their drop rate just got buffed, but I wouldn't mind even more buffing xD

    One critique is that I don't particularly like reward types being tied to a location. It just makes some logbooks more valuable than others. I wish they were more similar to blighted maps, where you wouldnt know the special remnant buffs you will be getting ahead of time. This was one thing I don't particularly love about Heist, the fact that certain tilesets are tied to certain rewards. Decoupling them adds variety and replayability. It also equalizes the market value of logbooks and makes all the different terrains more accessible for players of all wealth levels. Otherwise we might just end up splitting the same logbooks again, which is kinda lame, especially with how splitting works now.

    submitted by /u/soamaven
    [link] [comments]

    The wiki sucks now, what the fuck.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:38 AM PDT

    What do I do?

    submitted by /u/Troubadour_Jailer
    [link] [comments]

    [Expedition] Mirror drop? I sleep. This is real luck. Six Warlord Mods.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 11:37 PM PDT

    GGG silent on Boneshatter bugs

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    Thanks Rog, you're a real bro.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Anyone else have a broken XP bar?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 08:57 PM PDT

    GGG: We're buffing the drop rate of Expedition Logbooks by 53%.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 07:24 PM PDT

    [BUG] Cherrubim's Maleficence lost some color

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 11:06 AM PDT

    GGG Thank you for league mechanics without timers

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:21 AM PDT

    I also like logbook mechanics, especially when you have to explode some environment to find secrets. I hope to see more of that kind of stuff in future content of POE.

    Also, please consider to add pauses between waves of Blight content.

    submitted by /u/Mediocre-Monk-6351
    [link] [comments]

    Results from spending 6 exalts on Gwennen currency

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    I bought 700 rerolls and the required currency to buy stuff.

    Method for buying items: Only buy items that are worth the amount of currency to buy, eg. big ticket items.

    I only bought siege axes, judgement staffs, Leather belts, Ebony tower shields, archon tower shields, Silk gloves, occultists vestment, prophecy wands, fiend daggers, and turquoise amulets.

    It probably took me around 2 hours to do all the rerolls/vendor junk/etc.

    Results:

    I got 0 big money uniques. Only uniques I got were Ungil's Harmony, and leather belt uniques that weren't HH.

    I did get like 160 alterations though which is nice.

    submitted by /u/Beverice
    [link] [comments]

    Fuck Vulnerability in red maps

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    thats all

    submitted by /u/Fish_Grillson
    [link] [comments]

    What actually made me take a break

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    I rarely post anything or participate in discussions and I've contemplated for a week about whether I should post my opinion or not. In the end - I really felt that I needed to add my 5 cents this time as the game reached it's critical point of inconvenience for me. There is always a chance developers may see this thread and maybe it can affect some of the their future decisions, or maybe not, we will never know.

    I was going to give this league a try and had a week off taken specifically for it. Even though I found a lot of the changes mentioned in manifesto (mana, defenses, triggered spells) questionable - there was a lot of new exciting stuff to dig into coming with Expedition league, as always.

    I decided not to play on league release day and instead get some sleep and tune in next day. First thing I did next day was checking some streams and... I was mortified to see players having to pick up countless new splinters/currency from league mechanic that was already relatively slow, adding even more inventory management to the plate and hundreds of extra clicks you are now forced to do. It could have easily been done in a much better way. And as we now know - it was a deliberate developer's decision to implement them in this way.

    I don't like the "weight" meme, I think PoE developers are right about the item weight in a lot of cases, but there is a fine line. And for me - developers have crossed it this time. It all does feel like an out-of-season April Fool's joke. They've been asked on countless occasions to do something about hundreds of splinters that drop from various content and they still haven't really addressed almost any of it. Their answer to the problem? - add more of them.

    Sorry, but I'm done for now. PoE has been lots of fun for the three years I've actively played it and I don't regret any of it. I don't regret supporting the developer either. I just don't think I'm ready to sacrifice my wrist to play PoE anymore. It seems it's not the game for me anymore.

    I wish developers all the best and I'm hoping to return to PoE one day if some of the long-awaited QoL will be there.

    submitted by /u/Solondes
    [link] [comments]

    [PSA] Follow-up on using physical damage to poison monster that are physical immune - Confirmed that small amount of added chaos will poison monsters for full amount based off of base physical+chaos. Best solution for physical poison builds to neglect physical immune monsters.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:55 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel