• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 9, 2019

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - November 09, 2019

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - November 09, 2019


    Questions Thread - November 09, 2019

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 04:07 PM PST

    Questions Thread - November 09, 2019

    This is a general question thread on November 09, 2019. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the Wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in the #any-question channel in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new. We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The leagues of Path of Exile 3.x so far

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 05:59 AM PST

    3.9 be like

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 10:27 PM PST

    Maths is for Everyone but Not Everyone is for Maths

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 11:25 PM PST

    As a tribute to PoE I hiked the Milford Track (4 days) in my PoE shirt!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 11:37 AM PST

    League Rankings 3.0 to 3.8

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 10:14 AM PST

    Hey there fellow exiles. Recently I am very intrigued by the 3.9 and 4.0 discussions on the sub about variety of subjects, mostly player predictions because seeing what people are able to imagine is really interesting. So, since there is less than a week to the 4.0 announcement, I wanted to make few ranking lists for all the leagues from 3.0 to 3.8. Yes, I know, 3.X era didn't come to an end, yet I'm curious about what people think.

    The leagues will be ranked by:

    • Replayability value of the content
    • Depth of the content
    • The idea, design and concept of the content
    • Overall content experience and performance
    • The best content all things considered

    Pick the league which you think is the best among all of them on each subject. If you don't want to vote, I would like to see what you think about these too. Or you can make your own tier-list in the comments. Thanks for your time, I will be checking the poll and the post time to time, if I don't completely fail to get any attention that is. Anyhow, have a nice day!

    http://www.poll-maker.com/QLNZ51L

    submitted by /u/Nerfedgenius
    [link] [comments]

    Friendly reminder : Please allow us to open the missions from the map device in 3.9

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 04:09 AM PST

    Title. It would be very nice an practical.

    submitted by /u/favtex
    [link] [comments]

    First Shaper kill. Skipped all yellow and red maps.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 11:25 AM PST

    I usually play SSFHC and end up dying at some point in the red maps every league. Then life catches up and don't get around to playing until the next league.

    Well I became a dad in April and didn't have time to play Blight very much. I had a character that got up to tier 4-5 maps, but that was it. Since my wife and daughter are out of town, I decided to migrate to HC, buy a shaper set and probably die. Surprisingly, I managed to take him down.

    https://imgur.com/a/sRg22ly

    submitted by /u/Viot
    [link] [comments]

    [Item Showcase]Finally finished my Chest craft. (+ How to craft it)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 12:31 PM PST

    Toucan Hunt Update: South Island Done! Planned locations for North Island and more info in the comments

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 04:12 PM PST

    Cool hat I made a while back (STD)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 04:25 AM PST

    How to make currency with prophecies 3

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 12:09 AM PST

    Follow up to the previous guides on various themes: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

    Ok, I guess I am stubborn and won't accept random idiots who claim to be making a mirror every single day they play for 5 hours, because the only way to make money you should care about is get a mirror to flip mirrors. Also, apology this post will be a bit longer than previous ones and do get into several specific ways prophecies can make you profit that I didn't get to in previous guides.,

    What really pissed off people on reddit is that, as a newbie, I claim youtube videos and streamers with a square ton more experience than I have are not really sharing optimal juicing strategies... and also, I said I think you can make more money juicing efficiently than flipping. The major difference is maybe with flipping, what you will have more of is lots of chaos while with mapping, it will be a lot of random stuff that is harder to measure. But you can count. I mean, if you get 40 t16 maps to drop in your session, there is a clear value to this. You can keep the maps or sell them, to me it doesn't make a huge difference because maps hardly lose value overtime and will sell for more if you have bulk and you sell a certain amount per exalt.

    This chapter will discuss more ways to make currency with prophecies. Most people will take a long time to figure out how to do all prophecies, but it is very rewarding to do so. Also, how to explore various ways to exploit their mechanics as discussed previously. That is, combining your sextant mod with a matching prophecy (and prophecy spam within map for min/max).

    One huge mistake I find out I was making myself was being too focussed on getting certain prophecies to proc. I mean, I heard people tell me run Vaal Winds in Coward's Trial, it's great. Yes, sure, I tried... it was dumb. I run the map 3 times in a row and Vaal Winds didn't proc once. So, well, I went to do some City Squares runs until it proc because that was too annoying.

    In a way, I will admit cutedog have shared some of the best information on prophecies and sextants, but he is wrong some of the time, in that he tells you to skip what I consider very good sextants and prophecies. It's a question of preferences. I am well aware some sextants take too much prep and may make the profit/hour lesser than the more simple more monsters/more quant mods. At the same time. I don't care about less profit, I just like knowing how to play around different mods. So, I mean, he claim "unique monsters drop corrupted items" is bad, also that "rogue exiles drop 2 extra jewels" is bad. Now ok, you get those two sextants on one map... tell me how that is possibly not great? It's the combo there. Rogue Exiles are unique monsters, you can add a ton of them to your map. They will drop rare jewels, jewelry, corrupted stuff. Not bad.

    But enough of the intro, let's get into things people generally do not know:

    • All KILL SOMETHING SOMEWHERE get a unique item prophecies.

    There are a bunch of those, some of them are good. With experience, I found out something obvious that I didn't think about at first. Ok, here it is. This is quite useful if you don't want to waste time. Say you get "Blood in the Eyes" prophecy. That's not bad, gives you The Bringer of Rain as a reward. Nothing amazing, but just an example. So, ok, the wiki will tell you to go in Arena or Racecourse. You should of course go to Racecourse, much quicker run. But here's what you need to know, you may not find a rare mad gladiator in the map if you have alc/vaal it and the mods on it have removed the mad gladiators from the map! So anyway, whenever you want an item that a prophecy will drop you in a map, I figure you may want to just run the map without alchemy/vaal. Just plain white map, so the monster you need to kill will be there. That is, if you don't want to spend time to read the map mods and figure out if they will remove the mob you need to kill to fill the prophecy. This is true of a few dozen prophecies, so just remember it. To get the prophecy to work, you need the map mods not to go around removing what you want to kill to get the prophecy to proc.

    • Nemesis of Greed and other worthless prophecies to seal and trash (mostly).

    This one, I mean, it's not very complicated. You may keep it on if you run Nemesis on your map mod or zana mod. I don't recommend it. I put it in same category as The Alchemist and Regal Death. Those are all prophecies you can mark as a net lost. There are not many, but those are prophecies you should seal and trash. Other prophecies you can seal and trash are some of the worthless fated uniques ones. I mean, you will never want to fate a square ton of dusktoe and you also cannot ever easily sell those prophecies for anything remotely interesting. Listing all the fated uniques you may want to seal and trash would take a while. But you will just need to sort of figure it out on your own. Here is my probably incomplete list of prophecies to seal and trash. Do note some of those you will want to run if it is super early league and you can use what it will drop. Later, not really, a random pair of facebreaker is not worth the time it takes to go get them, so seal and trash is what you should do basically.

    The Brutal Enforcer, The Sinner's Stone, The Walking Mountain, Strong as a Bull, Notched Flesh, Graceful Flames, From Death Springs Life, Fear's Wide Reach, Custodians of Silence, Baptism by Death, Against the Tide, A Whispered Prayer, A Firm Foothold, A Call into the Void and much more. I think you'll only know this overtime, but don't dismiss too much. A lot of stuff will be good money in bulk. But those, I mean, there's nothing you can do with them.

    Now, all of those can be saved if you can remember to load them in certain maps. This require so much knowledge to remember what will drop where... and the reward is so minor quite often as to make it a waste of time regardless. Some are obviously fine, like Astramentis or Tabula prophecies, if you can get them going in the right maps, that's a fine additional drop to have for sure. But getting Roth's Reach is not doing anything for you, it's just not worth anything. It's also not a rare drop at all.

    • Make money by selling prophecies.

    There are countless videos explaining you how to do this, but many of them are wrong or incomplete information due to lack of knowledge. Those people who made those vids like cutedog or mbxtreme are not prophecy farmers, so they don't know how to price and sell quickly and efficiently. Now, I will say this, the new master mission saving we got in Blight made prophecy farming around 60% less profitable than in Legion where "Master Seek Help" prophecies were your #1 most profitable regular spawn. I mean, it's cute to get a super expensive prophecy. mbxtreme video kept obsessing about rolling those prophecies that basically almost never show up. But really, it's pointless, in legion, you'd make 100 exalts with Master Seeks Help way before you'd roll a prophecy worth a few exalts, so your money was in those, not in waiting on the super rare ones. I mean, you could make 1 exalt for a handful of Jun/Alva, that was very quick profit. The trick, well known one, is your block the most common prophecy chain and you spam in the spots left. cutedog claim you want to block "Lost Maps" prophecy, I think the 6 maps are not a horrible reward myself. It's not great, but I sell bulk batches of 34 t1 maps for 14 chaos. A bit of a premium price on Arcade Map, which is the most popular/valuable t1. In Legion, Lost Maps was super gigantic profit at a certain point because Haunted Mansion was basically worth more than many red maps. So, you'd go grab the 6 maps and if you had 3 Haunted Mansion in there, that was 6 chaos for sure. Possibly more, at some point I did sell Haunted Mansion for as much as 3c per. So, what I suggest you block are the regular prophecy chains for sure, which you can clear quickly at the end of your spam. Then I will block The Alchemist and Regal Death since those are always net lost. Once you have those blocked, most prophecies that will show will be valuable.

    Here is the mistake most make. They don't keep much of anything. Like mbxtreme video was especially weird in not realizing that the prices on poe.ninja are nonsense. I never even sold one prophecy for a single chaos. That's never the price you get in bulk. Now, telling you this, you may start making money.

    My default pricing for regular not high value prophecy is 11/4. I find this work ok for most decent but not super desirable prophecies. Go check poe.ninja, tell me what it says about some trash like "Forceful Exorcism"? It does claim they are worth 1c each, but I have never sold them at this price and I cannot hold any if I price them at 11 chaos per 4 forceful exorcism. So, if you have tabs and trust me, if you want to make money with prophecies, you need tabs to sort them in quickly. I have 3 tabs all priced 11/4. It's my default price for a wide variety of regular common prophecies that do not have a premium price. Again, poe.ninja will always tell you those plague of frogs, tempests, all of those are worth 1c... but you cannot possibly keep any of them if you price them 11 chaos per batches of 4. So they are worth 2.666c per for me, always have been this league. It would be beyond absurd to spend time and price them 1c and then try to sell them 1c one at a time. Now if you did this, then clearly you are doing everything wrong.

    One of the most important thing to learn is, to make currency in PoE, you cannot ever (I mean not on day 1 of league, not ever) sell anything at all for a single chaos. So you should sell those prophecies that poe.ninja claim are worth 1c, you should never sell them for 1c, you should set a price that cannot be broken in pieces. I price them 11c for 4 because I don't want people to bother me and say they want 1 prophecy for 3c. I want to wait till I have four to make that sale worth my time.

    Now at my price point, they are not insta-sale. Some are, I mean, I'd say if you want to max out your profit, you can price some stuff a bit higher. Like I'm sure you can price "Plague of Frogs" for more than "Forceful Exorcism" and those will always sell quite fast. For Forceful Exorcism, almost everyone would seal and trash. But I mean, I just kept hoarding them. Then once I had 12, someone asked to buy all 12 for 33 chaos. Now, for some reason, every time I reach four of them, they do sell for my 11 chaos price point. If you hoard tempest, trust me, someone will come over and you just tell him, I have 40 tempests of all kind... and he will give you 110 chaos for that for sure! Again, all of this is 1c prophecies, but you really want to keep them. Maybe hoard them a bit first, then bulk sell them. It won't take long. If you have 40 tempests, you are very likely to sell them all at once to the same person.

    Of course, you want to keep some for yourself. I have never nor will I ever sell something rare and insanely good like a Monstrous Treasure. Also, this is also very important aspect of the game, always think of everything as money. A scarab or a prophecy is pure currency, it will never lose value. It can always be converted to chaos, but don't be in a rush to sell them out early league. As an example, early league, Vaal Winds was selling for 5c. Possessed Foe was almost given away. So, what do you do? Accept current value? It's up to you, I didn't. By the time grimro made yet another video to explain how to farm scarabs with Possessed Foe, I had around 40 of them. I had priced them 25c when people were selling them under 5c. The video of grimro went online and instantly, I was spammed by people who wanted to throw exalts at me to buy my possessed foe. Now, I sell them for 35c or 36c each without too much trouble. I'd say this is now your top earner in the current market. Vaal Winds or Monstrous Treasures are high value, but extremely rare. Possessed Foe is as common as Plague of Frogs, but sell for 35-36c. Last season, you could make, you know, 20-30-40 exalts an hour spamming prophecies. It was just insane the amount of very common prophecies sold for a ton. Also, amusingly, the silver coins were basically half the price they reached in Blight. So, the cost to spam prophecies was less and the reward much much higher. I mean, Master Seeks Help was definitely half your profit.

    But you just roll with what is happening now. You can definitely still make several exalts an hour if you are efficient and understand what to seal and keep, seal and trash and also, quite important too, seal and never sell because it is too good to run rather than sell. That is true for Monstrous Treasure, but also some very good fated items will be much more profitable to run than to sell the prophecy. I mean, you often can buy a perfect base for very little (BE AWARE, you only fate a unique with perfect or damn near perfect stats, to get the most out of your fated version). So I mean, if you see the prophecy is worth 60c, just check what a good fated version is worth. Like, I don't mind going out of my way to run King's Path. The prophecy sell for 32c, a proper fated Kaom's Way ring sell for 90c. You may have to spend an extra chaos or 2 to get the perfect base to fate. Either way, it is around 60c profit for a quick run to fate it. On the other hand, I do not bother too much with the prophecy that will drop you a tabula. I tend to just price it 19c and that typically sell fast... then I don't need to spend time to go and kill a rare undying alchemist to drop it for me. I think selling the prophecy 19c is more profitable than spending time to grab the tabula yourself for a very minor 7c extra profit you get on the divine.

    Here is the full list of things with how I price them. As said, my standard rate that seems to work is 11 chaos per 4 prophecies. Here are all the ones that always will sell fine at this rate of 2.666c per in bulk.

    Deadly Twins, Forceful Exorcism, Plague of Frogs, Plague of Rats, The Twins, Bountiful Traps (but you definitely can sell this 5c+ each in bulk), Overflowing Riches (don't sell that, run them!), Crushing Squall, Fire from the Sky, Ice from Above, Lightning Falls, The Undead Storm, A Master Seeks Help, Einhar+Zana (rest should sell for more than this rate). I also sold some "The Dream Trial" in bulk, but it is a bit harder at this price point.

    I may have forgotten a few, but I'd say all those are good reliable money. You should keep some for yourself, but if you want to have a session where you spam a few thousand coins, you definitely want to save those for bulk sales.

    Others that will sell in bulk at slightly lower rates. Those may be more difficult to sell if you try to get 11 chaos per 4. I did get it some of the time, but I cannot guarantee it. So, you could be more specific in your split and have a tab for harder to sell good prophecies. I cannot tell you what the price is. Do note youtube videos have a huge impact on the value of prophecies. Plague of Frogs/Rats are highly valued because all the big money streamers like cutedog only preach running Beyond with Plagues. That is good, very very good, but that doesn't mean everything else is useless. They have practical purposes when combined with different map mods and sextants. Anyway, I'd say those should all sell easily in bulk for 1.5c per. You can try various price points and if it doesn't sell ever, then don't keep them or run them if they are good for you.

    Here is an example that happened yesterday. mbxtreme released a build guide on youtube that said you need to use Windshriek boots. I had decided a while ago to sort of keep this prophecy, so I priced it 1 exalt. It never sold for weeks. The video guide is posted, 20 minutes later, I get spammed by 2 persons who both want my prophecy priced 1 exalt! I then noticed they went up to 250c. So yes, a youtube video can make the value of a prophecy skyrocket instantly. So, you know, it is ok to overprice some rare prophecies and get lucky when a guide is posted calling for the use of that item. Same as I priced all my possessed foe 25 chaos when they were selling for under 5c. Once grimro posted a video, I sold out within minutes. 1000 chaos sale.

    To know prophecies is to understand how to price them. If you know how big a payoff a possessed foe can generate, then you don't sell it for 5c ever. Just not a good value for it. People early league are desperate to get a handful of chaos, just be patient. Learn to make money elsewhere if your prophecy don't give you a proper profit. First week of league, many prophecies are worth very little because too many people spam and sell for much too little for you to want to even try to compete with their stupidly low prices. But you can definitely hoard good prophecies and don't sell them, because a prophecy is currency. It is very easy to sell if priced correctly. Some will claim you should not sell the low value ones, but there is no more "Master Seeks Help" to make huge money with. In Legion, I would for sure just trash all "Forceful Exorcism". Now I'm like, oh well, this is 2.666 chaos in my experience, so I will hold on to that.

    Here are more I tend not to sell at my 11 chaos per 4 price point. I think you can price them 7 per 12 chaos or so. Or 8 per 13 chaos. See what works. They're all good juice and if all else fail, just run them, some are just good!

    An Unseen Peril, Ending the Torment, Hidden Vaal Pathways, The Dream Trial, Soil, Worms and Blood, The Brothers of Necromancy, The Cursed Choir, The Four Feral Exiles, The Scout, The Wealthy Exile, The Hungering Swarm, The Trembling Earth, Waiting in Ambush, Kalandra's Craft (worth a lot more early league when people want to speed up crafting recipes, now doesn't sell at a higher price point), The Dreamer's Dream (I do sell some of those 11 chaos per 4 just fine, so do note you can price this higher, it is just not a super common sale), The Fortune Teller's Collection (this one also might sell for 11 chaos per 4, I suggest always selling them since this is overrated bad prophecy that is never as good as tempests or more monsters prophecies), The Mysterious Gift.

    Let me repeat, you cannot do proper prophecy farming if you think like cutedog and mbxtreme and focus on big value prophecies only. You will lose out way too much money doing this. I have made thousands of chaos with those low value prophecies. You can skip them, ignore them, prefer waiting for "Possessed Foe" and "Twice Enchanted" to get you that bigger payoff. But really, it is sometimes better to sell 40x 2.666 chaos worth than wait out for the few 16c Twice Enchanted.

    Again, it is very relevant how many stash tabs you have. I use four now for my prophecies alone. Fill them up, sell them, clean them every now and then if some do not sell. I also know most prophecies, so I will often think... Ok, I'm running Bog Map now and I have the sword to fate and the prophecy to fate it, so let's just load that up as I run my map. Sell that sword for 15c or whatever. It's not much, but I'd say I sold around 10 of those swords since it is both a very common unique drop and prophecy. Also, people like this sword as a entry level decent one-hander. Key is knowing, remembering what various boss fate what item and... if you have both the item and the prophecy, run them. Don't go out of your way to run that map. But if you are already running it, fating a stupid redbeak is an extra 15-20c profit to your map.

    A lot of the profit you make with prophecies is knowing what to proc when and where. It is impossible to know without sort of learning them. Remembering what do run in various areas. Some of the time I reach the boss of some map and I'm like... oh yes, wait up, I have the prophecy and the item to fate. Don't need to spend any time to go buy the base. It is worth buying a good base for some high value uniques like Kaom's Way. But for crap like dreadbeak, just use whatever sword you found yourself. Similarly, if you have some Lost in the Pages and Cleanser of Sins, you can know, you can remember that if you run a map that have rare Undying Archivist, you can load those prophecies there. No need to get out of your way, but if you are already running this map, then why not. This is especially true on SSF of course, knowing where to run those prophecies is important. If you check the WIKI, it is giving you a bad tip: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cleanser_of_Sins It is telling you to go BACK and waste your time in bad content to grab a tabula. No, don't do this, there is less rare mobs there, it takes way too much time. But even I cannot really tell you off hand what maps you can go to right now. The Wiki is an amazing source of information, which I should try to contribute to when there is a gap in the information. So anyway, this is why I skip Cleanser Of Sins often, because I don't know where are the spots I can run it perfectly well yet. I think technically, the same map could work for Lost in the Pages and Cleanser of Sins. Now that is good drops to add to any map for sure. If you run both, it would be worth going out of your way. Anyway, for now, you can remember the following... don't ever go to early acts to get the tabula. Go to Grotto Map. It will drop there so long as your map mods do not remove the thing you want to kill in it. If you want to run "Lost in the Pages", load up a Haunted Mansion, white without alchemy. Just run around until it drop really. It is a good value unique. It should drop faster in a map than in earlier low level content with less density and less rare monsters.

    Anyway, I was just pointing out here that a lot of prophecies to me are ok to seal and KEEP to run at an appropriate time. Like, don't go out of your way. Just remember, if you're about to run Haunted Mansion, load up the prophecy that match. If you are SSF, I'd say you are more likely to get the prophecy to drop an Astramentis than to find it yourself.

    Other prophecies I'd never sell includes Jeweller's Touch. Just be a bit logical with it. Check what unique weapons and armors you have laying around that have decent stats. Throw 5 linked sockets on it and that will obviously give you a lot more profit than selling the prophecy. Like during Legion, I'd make good profit buying the div card for Atziri Disfavor and throwing a Jeweller's Touch on it. Very good full exalt profit there. You make profit out of people who have low information and will buy a 5-link for much more than they could get a regular atziri + a jeweller's touch to get the same result. I mean, this is how I progressed this league early on. Got a storm cloud, got the prophecy to fate it, 5-linked it with jeweller's touch, good to go till red maps on this alone. I managed to have this done a few hours into the new league, wasn't hard at all. I just decided from the get-go my strategy was to buy coins, spam coins, gear that way. It works, I would do it again. I think it is better than most other strategies to start a league. Like wasting time to farm a tabula in blood aq. You can get better results just spamming some coins, selling your early chaos for coins too, selling everything for coins as you progress. You are not losing your chaos doing so, you just earn more as you generate prophecies.

    So, here's what I'll say for the people who complain I dismiss youtube videos, streamers, everything. Ok, what they say is how I learned myself. I'm just saying there is much more out there that they often do not point out.

    Like the number one idiot who kept bashing me here said everything you do in this game is worthless. Playing is just bad profit when you could flip mirrors and make 50 exalts per hour. The thing is, you can flip mirrors if that is what you want to do. You can also flip sextants (I find this is more profitable than mirror flipping, but others feel different). Key is to remember getting a sale of 1000 sextants for 3000 chaos can be more profit for you than one mirror flip. And yes, I have sold batches of 1000 red sextants for sure. It is one of those things people will definitely accept to pay a premium for quant. In Legion, there was a guy coming over daily. He knew my hideout and all. He would buy 1000 yellow sextants per day. That is, he did use that many daily. I didn't have any problem getting that many with a buy order on all sextants with a profit margin hovering around 25-30% on sell back bulk. Maybe more, it varies.

    Here is the difference. You make a slim percent profit on mirror flip. Like 2% profit? In my experience, it doesn't sell all the time. Also, mirror can drop in value at time. So you're stuck with it until the price rise again. Sextants, I mean, the margin is always there, you have a buy order, a sell order, you buy buy buy, sell sell sell. You make several exalts profit always.

    I do not focus on this now, but you just got to remember, you just need to find a combination of things that work for you. You cannot be on all sides at once. Like you cannot flip items, flip currencies, sell prophecies, juice maps, you cannot do it all at once. People who cry out that sextants and prophecies is not as good profit as flipping mirrors are just dumb. You can flip mirrors AND juice your maps properly at the same time. It's not a either or situation. You make more money when you combine various things that make you money.

    For me, this combination is... spamming prophecies between maps, selling some, running all my maps with a prophecy active. Spamming whatever I have that works. I don't go out of my way and massively buy out a hundred "overflowing riches" or "wealthy exiles", I just run what I have. Some people prefer the QoL of buying plague of frogs. I prefer spamming prophecies and make money selling and running what I want/need. It is very efficient, it isn't long. It can be annoying yes when it keep giving you sharpened blade or similar shit. But you are making decent money when you spam some prophecies to get what you want. You will get some twice enchanted and possessed foe here and there all of the time.

    See, anything is, as you know, about time and reward. But just because one thing gives you good return, such as flipping jewels or flipping mirrors... doesn't mean everything else is bad. If you sell 40x prophecies for 110 chaos, it is ok. It's not bad. Sure, maybe you make 800 chaos profit selling a mirror. But how often? I don't know. Either way, if you reach this point where you flip mirrors, you're still playing the game. You can ignore everything else I guess.

    But juicing a map is always good, even if not for the money drops, a juiced map is always so much more exp for you, for your gems, for everything. So running a map that isn't properly juiced doesn't make sense ever. If your priority is exp, then just juice to have as many monsters in the map as you can. I mean, for sure as people know, delving is excellent exp. But if you want to get that sort of exp in t16 maps, you want to have those maps super juiced up.

    That will give you much better loot. Prophecy is part of the best juice you can get on your maps. It is insanely profitable. I mean, from the get-go, my priority in mapping in a new league is to acquire sextants and silver coins and vaal orbs ASAP. I can sustain alchemy without ever buying them early (when their price is ridiculously high, higher than vaal orbs and white sextants).

    Then, I mean, everything else is obvious. If you are there early on capable of fully juicing your maps as soon as you can, you get more drops of everything. More maps to drop, more everything, so you always can move up your atlas with the drops. You can buy whatever you're missing easily, because you make a lot more money always than the alc and go type.

    So again, just because one thing earn money doesn't mean everything else is bad. It's stupid, juicing maps, understanding how to do it, is the best way to reach that point where you start earning enough to flip the big stuff like 1000 sextants or mirrors. But the type of scumbag that focus only on flipping items... I guess they get mad because they are just complete assholes. I did buy a few jewels early on I needed. Got them all for 10c or under, sold them back later when I switched things around for hundreds of chaos. Do I want to spend all my time with notifications to buy 10c jewels that I know I can sell for 200c? Nope, no thanks, I will pass. I don't like doing this. I find flipping currency is simple because I don't need to alt tab to the trade site to do this. I have buy orders and sell orders, people whisper me to sell or buy stuff. It's not a big deal. It's not annoying like trying to jump on premium jewels that sell for way too cheap. When I was trying to buy good jewels for cheap, I'd often be in this obvious situation where I wasn't the only person who had notification for good 7% life jewels. So if someone was selling some great 4 mods jewel with 7% life and priced it 2c, then yes... they'd get spammed and either decide not to sell it for that cheap... or sell it for 2c to someone else?

    So if you are there with notifications on those jewels, it is super tedious. You are certain not to always get an answer because others are doing the same thing you are, trying to get good jewels for 10c or less. That may seem like good revenue, because yes, you can make over an exalt profit on selling back those cheap jewels. But it is tedious stuff.

    In the end, anyone can tell you this, there are countless ways to make money. Everyone think they got the right method. The best possible one. The most stupid person I saw on reddit did claim to make ONE MIRROR per day during Legion while playing 4-5 hours. Ok, so this is a person who say he is making several thousands chaos per hour. I don't care if it's true or not, you just don't need to be making a mirror a day. If all you do is flipping to reach this result, then that is boring. You should combine various things that is profitable without being dead focus on getting max possible profit per minute.

    Either way, even if you want to make some flips, you most definitely should not let that get in the way continually of you playing the game. And if you play the game, you may as well know how to juice your maps to get best exp and drops from playing. Then if you need prophecies for your maps, spam some between maps to get what you want, sell some, this is very good profit for the time it takes.

    So again, I cannot repeat this often enough. I just say players who are much more experienced than I am do not give the full picture and I find they are wrong to dismiss certain prophecies or sextants. I just make those guides to try and show you should run "bad sextants" like rogue exiles drop 2 extra jewels. I now have sold at least 1000 jewels for at minimum 15c each. That came primarily from running the rogue exile sextant. That is why I kept getting thousands of jewels. I also adjust my very strict filter to show blue jewels. I find this is a profitable thing to aug+regal always. That is just me, it works for me. If you just want to focus on picking up currency worth over a third of a chaos, that's your choice. I think picking blue jewels will likely give me more than a third of a chaos profit on average. Now, sure, 90% won't sell, but that don't matter. As said very often, I find you often make more profit in this game with the very many things you can sell repeatedly for 15-20c rather than the very few things you can sell for an exalt+. Overtime, I tend to make more money selling a ton of stuff worth little than a few things worth a ton. As an example, while I was typing this sentence, I got those two whispers within around 10 seconds. Not a huge profit, but 60c in jewels. This is really what I sell the most frequently as far as items go: https://i.imgur.com/5c76SiU.png Do note for rare jewels, I never price anything unless I see 7% life mod on it. I just toss it in a tab priced 16c. That works as a price for a ton of decent not great jewels. It's ok if you undersell some, the reward is in how many you sell, not in getting optimal value for everything. I feel basically only 7% life is a mod that drastically increase the value of a jewel. Most other things are about combos of desirable mods. Like crit crit dam dam stacking. But inspecting the value of everything is going to lose you money. I never try to price things as I feel you cannot make money if you spend too much time looking at random rares.

    It is the same with prophecies. If you are dead focussed on generating only possessed foe and twice enchanted, you're missing out on all the money you could be making bulk selling many other prophecies. Just hoard Plagues and Tempests and don't sell them at the rate poe.ninja claim they should be sold, because that's just a dumb bad price. Only then will you really start optimizing your profit per hour spamming prophecies and make it a worthwhile activity.

    submitted by /u/ScreaminJay
    [link] [comments]

    Convoking Wand Minion mod details

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 09:07 AM PST

    Not sure if this is common knowledge already (trade still doesn't show tiers), but here you go.

    Source: https://poedb.tw/us/item.php?n=Convoking+Wand + I added affix info from in-game.

    TLDR;

    • Max ilvl needed for crafting: 84
    • +1 to Level of all Minion Skill Gems ilvl > 60
    P/S Level Mod
    P 2 Minions deal (10–19)% increased Damage
    P 11 Minions deal (20–29)% increased Damage
    P 23 Minions deal (30–39)% increased Damage
    P 35 Minions deal (40–49)% increased Damage
    P 46 Minions deal (50–59)% increased Damage
    P 58 Minions deal (60–69)% increased Damage
    P 64 Minions deal (70–74)% increased Damage
    P 84 Minions deal (75–79)% increased Damage
    P 2 Minions deal (5–9)% increased Damage +(17–20) to maximum Mana
    P 11 Minions deal (10–14)% increased Damage +(21–24) to maximum Mana
    P 23 Minions deal (15–19)% increased Damage +(25–28) to maximum Mana
    P 35 Minions deal (20–24)% increased Damage +(29–33) to maximum Mana
    P 46 Minions deal (25–29)% increased Damage +(34–37) to maximum Mana
    P 58 Minions deal (30–34)% increased Damage +(38–41) to maximum Mana
    P 80 Minions deal (35–39)% increased Damage +(42–45) to maximum Mana
    P 60 +1 to Level of all Minion Skill Gems
    S 2 Minions have (5–7)% increased Attack Speed Minions have (5–7)% increased Cast Speed
    S 15 Minions have (8–10)% increased Attack Speed Minions have (8–10)% increased Cast Speed
    S 30 Minions have (11–13)% increased Attack Speed Minions have (11–13)% increased Cast Speed
    S 40 Minions have (14–16)% increased Attack Speed Minions have (14–16)% increased Cast Speed
    S 55 Minions have (17–19)% increased Attack Speed Minions have (17–19)% increased Cast Speed
    S 72 Minions have (20–22)% increased Attack Speed Minions have (20–22)% increased Cast Speed
    S 83 Minions have (23–25)% increased Attack Speed Minions have (23–25)% increased Cast Speed
    S 10 Minions have (13–17)% increased maximum Life
    S 26 Minions have (18–22)% increased maximum Life
    S 42 Minions have (23–27)% increased maximum Life
    S 58 Minions have (28–32)% increased maximum Life
    S 74 Minions have (33–36)% increased maximum Life
    S 82 Minions have (37–40)% increased maximum Life
    S 1 Minions have (16–20)% increased Movement Speed
    S 23 Minions have (21–25)% increased Movement Speed
    S 40 Minions have (26–30)% increased Movement Speed
    S 8 Minions have +(11–15)% to all Elemental Resistances
    S 20 Minions have +(16–20)% to all Elemental Resistances
    S 30 Minions have +(21–25)% to all Elemental Resistances
    S 40 Minions have +(26–30)% to all Elemental Resistances
    S 1 Minions have +(80–130) to Accuracy Rating
    S 20 Minions have +(131–215) to Accuracy Rating
    S 40 Minions have +(216–325) to Accuracy Rating
    S 60 Minions have +(326–455) to Accuracy Rating
    S 75 Minions have +(456–624) to Accuracy Rating
    submitted by /u/TogetherGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to assume there's some semblance of an open world coming with the 4.0 expansion?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 01:18 PM PST

    Going by what other modern arpg's are doing it seems open world areas are becoming common place within the genre. For example:

    Path of Exile also has the mostly unused continent of wraeclast that would be perfect for an open world zone. Given all of this, and considering how 4.0 is suppose to be their "mega" expansion as well as their response to Diablo 4, I think its safe to assume an open world zone could very likely be coming with their 4.0 update. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ozeranous
    [link] [comments]

    OMG, look at that sexy templar

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 12:09 AM PST

    Is focusing on Standard leagues worth it?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 01:59 AM PST

    So, this might get lengthy, but bear with me please.

    I'm an old fuck who played Diablo 1 and 2, and got into PoE almost from the beginning. I think I played pretty much ALL possible diablo clones and arpgs out there, you could say I'm addicted to the genre and even made some lousy attempts at making my own shitty game in the same fashion.

    In PoE I spent like a total of over a 1000$ on the game over the years (and I know full well that that's not even that high considering how much some of you guys spend on mtx), all I'm trying to say is that I'm quite invested in the game.

    Now, in the past couple of years it has become increasingly more difficult for me to play PoE. And the last 2 leagues I skipped completely. This will sound like a complaint from a casual but I just can't get the hours in to play it anymore, because of work and whatever else. I liked playing hardcore at first but now I can't justify dying and starting over again. Similarly SSF is something I'd love to do exclusively but it's just waaay slower than trading for the things I need. I love most of the new content for each league but even though they last 3 months, it's just barely enough for me to get one character close to 100 and maybe start another (not to mention if I wanted a really expensive build, I'd have to make some farming character first).

    Either way, the feeling I have every league is that I could have enjoyed and played it for way longer, it's like I'm not getting everything I can out of the characters I make, but of course when the league ends and a new league starts it's just a repeat of the same, coupled with the fact that every new league is being flipped on its head and suddenly the things that were strong and were played often got nerfed while others are in meta again, so I can't even play out a similar build anymore a lot of times.

    Anyway. I guess the main questions for this discussion/consideration are:

    1. What do you think are the main disadvantages of purely Standard?
    2. What's the economy like, and trading, or what are the differences?
    3. Player base, how many people actually play standard, assuming of course at the start of each league it's going to be less, etc. Is there enough people to trade with, or is it barren?
    4. And the verdict. Would you say, taking into account my situation and concerns, that it might be better to play standard, or just stick to trying and getting the most out of each league?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Dramargu
    [link] [comments]

    Finally received the signed Artwork from the Supporter Pack, instantly framed them! So happy! :)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 02:39 AM PST

    Edge of Madness Build

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 06:44 PM PST

    One of my favorite uniques is the Edge of Madness. It scales with levels, and was released at a time when sources of chaos damage, both attack specific and generic, were few and far between. However, from its release, it has been rather disappointing, not powerful enough for attack (damage, speed, crit) or spells (flat damage, speed, crit). I have a collection of 5L/6L EoM in Standard, because I tend to try (and fail) to make an EoM every league. Recent changes to cyclone (last league) and Assassin ascendancy have allowed the weapon to shine to its highest potential that I've experienced.

    This build will not kill uber. Nor shaper. Heck, normal Atziri is tough. But it clears quite well enough, and flies through delve. It is not meta. It is Edge of Madness.

    The build is not terribly well optimized. I played SSF this leauge, and not much of that (Blight not my personal fav.). I only xferred this to SC Blight for the love of EoM. Comments and discussion are welcomed, but I don't expect to test the changes or play it much more.

    Premise:

    Edge of Madness is mediocre/poor in almost every respect. As an attack weapon, it's DPS is easily surpassed by other uniques/rares, even at level 100. From flat damage, to attack speed, to base crit chance, the weapon is "meh" at best. As a leveling weapon it is only good for a handful of levels and quickly surpassed (say by Geoffry's Baptism). As a spell stat stick, it is even worse, with no cast speed, flat damage add, crit, Ailment multiplier, or anything other than a decent (with level) generic %inc chaos. It has no damage conversion. No %X added as chaos.

    What it can do is +1 active gems. So skills that scale with level work well. It has generic %inc chaos. So chaos skills or chaos damage focus work well.

    The build' offense is Cyclone, stacking poisons, combined with the Assassin ascendancy to raise base crit to trigger CoC Dark Pact, which will also stack poisons. The active skills profit from gem levels, and poisons/Dark Pact from generic %inc chaos.

    The build's defense is Spell Dodge, incidental attack dodge, Blind/damage reduction from Flesh and Stone, and Fortify. There is leech and as much LGoH as you can scrounge up, but it is better not to rely on that as DP is a hungry beast.


    Skill Choices:

    Cyclone is still pretty OP. It is mobile, adds a base damage, and has a high hit rate. Double Strike (untested) would make an excellent single target skill, sharing many of the same properties (% bleed chance is almost incidental to gain for this). However it's single target nature requires support gems for clearing. Perhaps with extreme gearing, through anoints (Tribal Fury) and a shaped weapon (outside of build premise) it could be done. Viper Strike is similarly interesting trading hit rate for chaos conversion. Other chaos focus skills are not viable b/c of weapon restrictions.

    Dark Pact is fun and powerful. It also has %more damage with hits and ailments when cast on self. The field of alternative chaos spells are limited and not suitable for fairly obvious reasons. Damage Conversion to chaos from other base types is feasible, but the investment is steep and the payout unsure. Of the physical spell skills, only EK approaches, but does not quite reach, DP's damage. Ek is a viable option and should be seriously considered, as it does not have DP's self harm downside. I chose DP, cause I like it more, if for no other reason.

    Cast on Crit is far from optimized for the build. I'm worried (well, not worried, maybe concerned? No. I've thought about it.) that my crits per second is, or can be, too high. My APS is certainly faster than the CoC CD of 0.15. If anyone decides that this build is for them, they should put more thought into this.

    Support gems benefit both skills. Cast While Channeling is a poor choice for DP, because if you are triggering DP without hits, you are not leaching and are dying. If you choose a different skill (EK), it is a possibility. However CoC has a faster cool down that can easily triggered by Cyclone. Other supports are simply; Added Chaos, Deadly Ailments, and Increased AoE/Unbound Ailments.

    HoA - unsupported.

    Malevolence

    Flesh and Stone - blinding aura full time.

    Plague Bearer - for Single Target dps help

    Leap Slam - Fortify

    Blood Rage


    Gear:

    Edge of Madness. The point. There are better weapons for cast on crit. There are better weapons for poison. But are there better weapons for cast on crit poison? yes there is

    Witchfire Brew. Not necessary, but huge QoL.

    Coralito's Signature. Saves a number of passive points as well as a good damage bump.

    Annoint:

    Bleh, I just grabbed something semi useful that I had oils for. Bladedancer gave me melee range and ailment damage. The %inc attack speed is actually kind of bad.

    Other, even more optional gear:

    A Praxis Ring helps immensely while gearing and leveling, getting Elreon craft.

    A level 2 Enlighten frees up 3 passive points. A hat with a touch of reduced reservation can work. The leveling quest gem's 2% just doesn't free up enough (at least in my experience).

    Intelligence on gear is important, as the tree will not provide enough. Can be a choke point for "optimal" (SSF, what do I know about it really) gearing.

    Stretch or other interesting uniques: mostly untested

    The Retch is another really interesting unique. I don't even know how well it interacts with current leech mechanics. The build could reasonably be altered to take advantage of leech and over-leech (Offering to the Serpent, Hungry Abyss)

    Fenumus' Weave works well for just about any build you care to name. A bit better for builds, like this one, that scales chaos damage hits and ailments.

    Windscream/Windshriek/Deodre's Damning to allow for Assassin's Mark curse.

    Kaom's Heart. Its got that life.

    Snowblind Grace. A source of spell dodge.

    Atziri Step. Slightly better than rare available spell dodge.

    Cherribum's Malfeasance. Chaos damage.

    Icefang Orbit. Poison damage is nice. Shatters are nice. Using with Hyperboreus is nice.

    Carcass Jack. AoE is clear speed and QoL.

    Dendrobate. Not a fan tbh. Cherribum's is a better option if you are hankering for damage on your chest piece.

    Circle of Nostalgia. Specifically with %inc chaos damage and %increased buff effect mods.

    The Embalmer gloves have value. Perhaps as a 5L if you decide you want a ST skill setup. Otherwise... meh

    Aul's Uprising Envy mod... well of course.

    Zerphi's Heart, if you can find one.


    Ascendancy:

    Assassin changes make this possible. Free Power Charge generation from Unstable Infusion. And the new; increased defense, attack speed from Mist Walker. Increased base crit from Toxic Delivery. Was it possible before this leagues changes? Yes, but not as buttery smooth.

    I think a Trickster would be an alternative. Perhaps for a Cast While Channeling type build that doesn't rely on Crit. The Perfect Form LL can be loads of fun for people that like to live on the edge. The Pathfinder's tool kit just doesn't work as well with EoM. A HoA Pathfinder has absolutely no need for a meh 2-hander.


    I chose to help Alira. If I get around to it, I'd respec for 2 extra passives, even though I'd have to noodle around my resists. A Frenzy charge is worth more than that crit multi.


    PoB: For what it's worth. Or, something to compare your own creation to. Or, easy target.

    Pastebin

    • Power and Frenzy charges are easy to keep up during clear and fast map bossing.

    • it poisons well, and quickly, I assume 50 recent, and 9 on target for boss calcs.

    • Flesh and Stone is turned off, so that Maim is not triggered in calculations (not that it does much for the build).

    • Fortify is currently in main links... as I didn't have luck chroming the EoM to 3G/3B (Vorici calculator using 1B craft is ~500 avg. cost)

    • Wither Totem would be nice, but I'm currently using the Kaom's for extra life which I feel allows more dps in the long run (more free passives)

    • Build design is Pot heavy. They ~triple the dps. Long boss or immunity phase fights uncheck Frenzy charges and pots and watch that DPS number plummet.


    Future:

    If I play it more, then the next 4 levels would be grabbing the jewel slots (4) then perhaps the last frenzy.

    submitted by /u/seicar
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do next with those boots? Just slam or something else?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 05:41 AM PST

    I convinced one of my buddies to download PoE and we’re gonna play it tonight but I need help picking a build for him to try.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 10:52 AM PST

    He liked playing Necromancer in Diablo 3. I was telling him about some builds in this game. He wanted me to find him a necromancer build that summons the most amount of minions possible.

    I'm not really into summoner builds much so does anyone know of any YouTube videos or PoB links that would go with that?

    submitted by /u/RageIsReal
    [link] [comments]

    I want to show all gems in my item filter until lvl 45. Possible?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 07:41 AM PST

    Is there no way to filter gems at all?

    If I'm not missing something it's hilarious that I'm likely going to have to make a whole other filter absent the gems to switch to at lvl 45.

    Area level needs to be a thing in the filters so I can seamlessly turn stuff on and off as I progress.

    I really hope I'm just missing something.

    submitted by /u/Innomen
    [link] [comments]

    All these hype posts and updates from people arriving to NZ make me really happy somehow.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 11:11 PM PST

    Keep them coming, I just wept a little after a few pics i saw minutes ago from a NZ beach. Just imagining how it must feel to be there makes me really jealous but happy for you guys. Post lots of pictures of everything for the plebs please.

    submitted by /u/Niku200
    [link] [comments]

    Do you carry currency?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:42 PM PST

    Do you guys carry currency on you while leveling?

    Just curious if I should start for strongboxes or other things I'm not aware of yet. I'm in act 2 chamber of sins right now.

    Thanks for any advice or tips! New exile here

    submitted by /u/J1Warrior84
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel