• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 27, 2019

    Path of Exile Builds My charge-generating self-hitting slayer cyclone build

    Path of Exile Builds My charge-generating self-hitting slayer cyclone build


    My charge-generating self-hitting slayer cyclone build

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 06:41 PM PDT

    I know everyone and their mothers were playing slayer cyclone this league, but looking on poe.ninja I didn't see anyone else using this interaction, so I thought I'd share my build. I might try something similar next league as a league starter since I didn't play much this league, so I'd love any feedback!

    Main idea: With cyclone, you are basically always channeling. With the Charging Offensive notable passive between duelist and ranger, you gain frenzy and endurance charges when you are hit while channeling. But you don't really want monsters to hit you a lot, for obvious reasons. Instead, you hit yourself by using an Eye of Innocence amulet, a pittance of added fire damage anywhere on your gear, and sufficiently high crit to ignite enemies. With 12+aps, this gives you VERY rapid generation of frenzy and endurance charges as long as you are attacking.

    Combine this with the very underused Masterful Form slayer ascendancy, 3 max frenzy charges in the tree, Darkray Vector boots, and corrupted gloves, and you've got pretty much permanent up-time of 8 frenzy and endurance charges, even on bosses.

    The rest of the build is pretty standard cyclone slayer, using crit foils because there aren't enough points left for Slayer's Overwhelm.

    PoB: https://pastebin.com/VrQh3fKj

    Character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/milleroo/characters?characterName=SanageyamaLG

    Highlights:

    • 500k PoB shaper dps in blood stance with ~5ex worth of gear. Should be around 750k with impale. Definitely could scale a lot more with better weapons and body armor.
    • 67/40 dodge (75 attack is feasible with better jewels, probably not spell though without vaal grace)
    • 32% physical damage reduction through endurance charges, 20% through fortify, 5% from the Soul of Steel passive, 8% from infused channeling, some phys taken as fire from Lethal Pride and some armor = a LOT of physical damage reduction. Plus, you get a juiced up immortal call triggering very often. Other defenses include blind and knockback from flasks (which is actually good with cyclone)
    • Only 5k life, but other defenses make it very tanky.
    • Not using a ton of +weapon range items, so the AoE nerf next patch will be less nerf-y than most cyclone builds

    Side interactions: Because you are (nearly) always moving, channeling, and getting hit, there are a few other neat interactions to take advantage of:

    • Abyss jewels and corruptions with "if you've been hit recently" and "while moving" stats are excellent, especially dodge/spell dodge.
    • Vengeance is nearly always triggering, allowing for easy power charge generation through assassins mark and PCoC. PCoC doesn't really trigger on trash, so it isn't enough by itself.
    • Endurance charges give 4% resist all each, making hitting the resist cap less of a priority than in most builds. Still important for hard bosses, not at all required for mapping.

    A few thoughts:

    • "Physical damage taken as fire" from Lethal Pride unfortunately doesn't ignite you, so the stats on eye of innocence are mostly wasted other than hitting yourself (I tried this with Gluttony too, which has better stats, but the interaction was way too clunky). A lethal pride with lots of double damage and life would be better.
    • A Watcher's Eye with intimidate for pride or lethal pride with intimidate might be better than using tombfist, which would make gearing for resists a lot easier.

    Let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/milleria
    [link] [comments]

    Impale TS/Barrage - Are there any obvious flaws or upgrades I could get?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    https://pastebin.com/fnM9JpDT

    I've been trying to get stuff done before the league ends and have gotten my first Shaper and a T10 Elder kill this league!

    This is the build I'll finish the league with but I'm quite lost on what to do right now. I've only got 3ex and 71c to upgrade my gear and while I do realize many of my pieces are completely garbage I have no idea what I should focus on in order to actually get improvements for this and I don't know what I should be looking for.

    I'd consider swapping the Abyssus out but I think that at this point of the league I just have no way of selling it so I'd rather just use it. I'm thinking of swapping out the belt for a solid life rare and go from there.

    Any of you have any solid recommendations as to what I should be doing?

    submitted by /u/LullabyGaming
    [link] [comments]

    Golem Builds

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 05:00 AM PDT

    I often see Golem builds using mostly Fire or Ice golems. Wondering if anybody has experience with a build stacking Chaos or Stone golems and how viable was it.

    submitted by /u/Rad_Fishy
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Shadow build that is cheap, is endgame viable and has Good clearspeed.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    Please help me find a fun, cool, and viable shadow build that is preferably cheap. Just link a build guide in the comments and I'll go do it.

    submitted by /u/CritFail_Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed for endurance charge on crit elemental axe

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 02:48 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a ilvl 83 shaped vaal axe and managed to get the following:

    -rare with ONLY the shaper endurance charge on crit mod

    My build needs this mod as it will be scaling additional damage off of endurance charges + frenzy charges from a crazy precursor's emblem I rolled. The frenzy charges will be generated off of farrul's fur, and i plan to go slayer + masterful form for this.

    My question - should i slam multimod on this? I want to make an elemental axe and I think i should just go for it with this. Not sure if its worth it to keep going for a better multimod, any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/straumwar
    [link] [comments]

    Defenses on necro

    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    Yeah, I know, "patch notes" but i've got too much time on my hands and I quite enjoy playing with PoB. I've theorycrafted a zombie + carrion build which came together quite nicely, but i'm worried about defenses...

    I took every life node near witch and most of my gear is rares, yet i'm only reaching 6k - 6.2k life, barely any dodge or block. Is this enough for a summoner or should i be aiming for 7k+? If so, how? Is my best option to go MoM?

    I'm also open to any other suggestions/improvements/discussions, even despite the patch notes not being out.

    PoB link: https://pastebin.com/swSLkpzV

    submitted by /u/cbasz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel