• Breaking News

    Friday, November 8, 2019

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - November 08, 2019

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - November 08, 2019


    Questions Thread - November 08, 2019

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 04:06 PM PST

    Questions Thread - November 08, 2019

    This is a general question thread on November 08, 2019. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the Wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in the #any-question channel in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new. We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    90% AoE Skitterbot Enchant that’s not on poewiki. I love it!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 05:35 AM PST

    Just a reminder that Arc has been nerfed too much, it's not too late to increase its range a little!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:43 AM PST

    Well title.

    Seeing wild strike interacting with combat focus is just adding insult to injury.

    Give Arc its identity back and let it arc!

    Edit1:

    thread from six months ago

    Edit2:

    People seem to fail to realize that there is a stage in between having the totally overpowered old arc (no one ever said a nerf wasn't justified) and the rather sad state we have now.

    Ball lightning is better than arc in every way, so are many other spells and (ranged attacks) that can use GMP or prolif or inc AoE gem... point is Arc is no longer worth playing. Just make it interesting again, increase chain range to 35 and everyone's happy.

    Edit3:

    Make it have bonuses only when hand-casted to avoid abusing mines/traps/totems.

    submitted by /u/Starbuckz42
    [link] [comments]

    SSF is sooo much fun!! Almost like a new game!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:08 AM PST

    So here is a thing. I'm a huge aRPG fan, but my go-to game for the past couple of years was Grim Dawn (still is;P).
    I tried PoE many times and as much as I admire this game the one thing that stood in a way of fully enjoying the game was trading. Please don't hate me as it's just my opinion, but I always felt that trading in PoE is a game on it's own. I stopped paying attention to drops unless it was currency drop, because I knew that it's way easier to get legenrady suited for my char. by trading rather than playing the game.
    Game also felt "rushed". Every play session ended up being "farm currency as fast as possible, go to trading site and buy some gear. Repeat."

    So this league I started SSF character and.... OMG! It's like a new game! Drops matter this time. Items that otherwise I woudn't even look at are making more sense. Mapping requires from me more planning but at the same time I feel more relaxed - I don't feel preasure to trade because... I can't trade to I can play at my own pace:)
    Hell - because of that I even enjoy lore and world exploration more!

    So this is just a little something for long time aRPG fan. SSF is awesome and I hope that GGG will continue to support it in 4.0.

    submitted by /u/Whoopy2000
    [link] [comments]

    Hm... Which one should I pick?! -_-

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:38 AM PST

    So it's one more week. Man i am so hyped up.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 12:01 PM PST

    Vaaling 25 Solstice Vigil with Whisper of Doom. (Additonal curse anointment)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 10:59 AM PST

    Clunky Shield Charge needs to be fixed

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 03:52 AM PST

    There are two annoying problems with current implementation of Shield Charge mechanics:

    1. Clicking inside the inner circle causes your character to hit instead of charge to the location
    2. Clicking on the obstacle doesn't cause your character to charge to the location, you have to click right on the invisible border - 1 unit (or pixel) if you want to charge.

    https://i.imgur.com/uwn7SbC.png

    The first issue I solved with AHK script, the logic described in the pseudocode:

    oldMousePos = GetCurrentMousePosition(); // current mouse pointer position on the screen

    vectorToChargeLocation = oldMousePos - characterScreenPos; // characterScreenPos - the character model pos on the screen

    vectorChargeMagnitude = CalculateVectorMagnitude(vectorToChargeLocation ); // c = sqrt(a^2 + b^2)

    if (vectorChargeMagnitude < Rinner) // Rinner - the radius of the inner circle, if we clicked inside the inner circle

    {

    magnitudeCoeff = 1.1 * Rinner / vectorChargeMagnitude;

    vectorToChargeLocationNew = vectorToChargeLocation * magnitudeCoeff; // multiply vector on scalar value

    MouseMoveTo(vectorToChargeLocation + characterScreenPos);

    PressKey(KEY_SHIELD_CHARGE)

    MouseMoveTo(oldMousePos)

    }

    else

    PressKey(KEY_SHIELD_CHARGE)

    But this one doesn't solve the second issue because clicking over the black areas or on the obstacles doesn't make an action. "Always Attack Wihout Moving" has no effect on the Shield Charge behaviour.

    Expected results:

    1. The character should charge to the location even if this location is inside the inner circle without playing hit animation.
    2. The character should be able to charge to the wall border even if the user pointed on obstructed area.
    submitted by /u/KatyaSambuca
    [link] [comments]

    Welp! I guess they got more security.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 08:09 PM PST

    Announcements - ExileCon Schedule and Information for Attendees

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 05:29 PM PST

    Ziggurat - Full Hideout Celestial tileset ��

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 09:53 AM PST

    But my loot :(

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 10:04 PM PST

    Aww, yiss! More balls!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 07:44 AM PST

    After watching Mathil trying to scour/chance his Call of Brotherhood (while destroying his wrist in the process), it suddenly hits me. Why don't we have something like this? The technology is already there.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 03:31 PM PST

    Is there any third party tool where I can check what the Glorious Vanitiy jewel nodes give?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 10:49 AM PST

    As the topic goes. I just got my first Glorious Vanity. A quick google search later and a few tests on the socets available for me it has the Divine Flesh, Ritual of Stillness and on the top elementalist node Ritual of Immolation, however I am curious what the potential of the jewel can be and/or what it is its worth. It has 1786 sacrifices in the name of Xibaqua.

    submitted by /u/Nutteria
    [link] [comments]

    Uhhh I guess I got lucky?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 10:17 PM PST

    Hybrid Storm Burst Occultist vs Uber Elder

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 06:55 AM PST

    Shaper Mace Explosions + Herald of Ash

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:25 AM PST

    Hi, I am searching now the internet but cant really find trustworthy information about the wording of

    ->"Cursed Enemies you or your Minions Kill have a 25% chance to Explode" (Profane Bloom) <-
    VS
    -> "Enemies killed explode dealing 5% of their Life as Fire Damage" (Shaper popcorn maces) <-
    I have my fair share of Poe knowledge but the end is the interaction with Herald of Ash. Since I am playing SSF i cant just check it out without kind of big investment.
    So now the question: I saw a build made by this Mxr guy with herald of ash and profane bloom. (It works)
    I was thinking.. meh, me no like chaos.. does it work with popcorn maces.
    Scenario: I have a Herald of Ash ignite on an enemy and he dies, do the maces proc and can then the overkill damage proc(provided i scale enough) and can then a herald of ash ignite on another mob again?(does a popcorn proc cause HoA? - bloom does)

    If i understand correctly, the wording on the maces is more generic and should apply to any source.

    submitted by /u/Kame-kun
    [link] [comments]

    Most iconic path of exile builds

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 07:48 AM PST

    I am new to this game(relatively new at least) and i love it. Game is deep, people are nice and its fun overall. The thing i like the most about the game is the level of customisation and the variety of spells, builds out here.

    This is my second league and I've tried following builds/spells so far - (reave bf),(essence drain contagion),(tornado shot),(necromancer zombies)

    I want to play the most iconic builds that poe has to offer. Builds that first come to your mind when you think about the game :)

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/nitinj
    [link] [comments]

    A Chaos Archer (Toxic Rain, Caustic, and so on), uses/needs Precision, grace, Herald of Ice, and Herald of agony?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:25 PM PST

    Hi, new player (but following some guides, for Passive tree, and so on).

    Im wondering which of these 4, to use? I can probably use 2, at the same time.

    Since I use Chaos area shot thingies, I suppose I dont need criticals and acc from Precision? Also IDk about Herald of Ice.

    Im lv 30 btw.

    What do you think? thx.

    submitted by /u/Martyrrdom
    [link] [comments]

    Weapon attack interactions

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 06:57 AM PST

    Okay, so I have a question about strange attack interaction past legion league. Some time ago I wanted to play static strike beacouse I find the rework really satisfying... well, in theory. I hit the wall when I swung my weapon (staff) to trigger the buff and the 1st attack was like slooowmooo and the 2nd one hit like Usain Bolt. I guess it has sth to do with the "strike" tag? It feels totally anoying in skills like that when you just want to land ONE hit and run with buff triggered till the next 4 seconds. If your attack isn't fast enough, you either need to make second attack start faster or lost some time due to this slowed attack animation. So basically my questions are:

    - am I the only one who finds it extremally anoying in this case?

    - is there a way to avoid this crap mechanic in related weapons different from greatly increased AS? (I would like to focus on single hit damage instead since the beams have fixed AS)

    - what weapons actually avoid this mechanic? I'm 99% sure my 2h axes and maces still have normal AS, no matter 1st or 2nd strike. Is there any other weapon like that? Especially shield enabling

    peace

    https://reddit.com/link/dtgjfx/video/nppr67tvzhx31/player

    submitted by /u/Derkej
    [link] [comments]

    Vaal orb mechanics help request/question.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 08:03 AM PST

    Vaal orb mechanics help request/question.

    I have a question about Vaal orb outcome in situation, where the item is upgraded into one with other mods.

    The question is, are the, are the rolls "lucky" in this situation? Like similiar if it was with sanctificed fossil.

    Fore example when I'm vaaling maps, about 15-20% of them become super good rolled, I mean over 35% monster pack, over 100% map IIQ. This doesn't happen with non corrupted maps. Althouth it is possible to get this kind of map with normal chaos spam, but they're much more rare, like maybe 1 in 100 maps.

    Wiki says, that item can greatly improve with Vaal, but i don't know if it's about the corruption implicit, or the "lucky" upgrade to other mods.

    The reason I'm asking this question is becasue I try to calculate is it worth Vaal orbing my dozens of trash mods rare cobalt, viridian and crimson jewels.

    I'm just wondering if it's possible to get some lucky mods, or the outcome in this Vaal situation would just the same, as if I were chaos spamming them, which is cheaper, and the outcome is uncorrupted item, which is 10x better of course.

    is there any information about this specific "Turn into a rare" Vaal outcome mechanic revealed by GGG somwhere?

    I'm talking about rare items in this post, not the unique ones.

    https://preview.redd.it/8u06iwivhhx31.png?width=78&format=png&auto=webp&s=35e02f9419ecba4e1e6581e4d61a96e8fafe4f09

    submitted by /u/Clickachu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel