• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 31, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - March 31, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - March 31, 2020


    Questions Thread - March 31, 2020

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Questions Thread - March 31, 2020

    This is a general question thread on March 31, 2020. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the Wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in the #any-question channel in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new. We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Hi I know you're busy gutting 150ex+ builds but trade site is still ripped, performance issues are still rampant, we still haven't heard anything on Masters being bugged on certain characters

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Are we going to get a manifesto on any of this soon? Any updates at all? Or are we going to have to be content with this being the new norm?

    You can't insist on not having auction houses to preserve trade integrity and then have your trade sites and API dead for multiple days in a row.

    submitted by /u/devious1
    [link] [comments]

    AlkaizerX sums up the current state of this subreddit

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Official Trade in a nutshell

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    I know some thing are frustrating, but....

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    The way some of you people are expressing your concerns with the game on this subreddit is genuinely baffling. I get it, there's a bunch of stuff bothering me, too, like the performance issues (I've crashed out of my Simulacrum more times than I care to recall) and the absolute state that is the trade API.

    But take a moment and think. The devs are working from home right now - they've already announced this does hamper development and asked for your patience as they sort things out. If you honestly think they are unaware of the issues, I don't know what to tell you. If they don't get fixed, it's not because there hasn't been another whiny-ass Reddit thread pointing it out, it's because either the problem's origins are unknown or hard to fix, or (in the case of the lack of a better way to trade items) because changing it goes against core game philosophy.

    So, please, feel free to be critical, or to come up with an interesting point when considering the percieved shortcomings of the game or the league - we already know GGG does take those into account quite seriously. I'd love to see more in-depth discussion on the subreddit, in any case. And some more positivity, as well.

    submitted by /u/UberSquirrel
    [link] [comments]

    Trade has COMPLETELY DIED

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    Meanwhile, with trade being down, I realize I prefer trading with currency bots over actual players these days

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Background on me - I'm essentially a whale. Last major expansion I bought the crucible support pack (btw Bex if you're reading this I never received the signed art pack; numerous support tickets led nowhere), and I've bought every previous support pack for temp leagues since prophecy.

    However, and this is important, things are changing. I find myself less and less interested in spamming 20 people for a single map, or moving down the list of names until I can finally find someone that'll trade me an exalt for my 123, no wait, 124, ah, never mind, okay 125 chaos. So when it comes to actual trading, especially items in bulk, bots are a godsend.

    It's actually no contest. Bots are: 1. Courteous 2. Fast 3. Will Respond 4. Do not scam

    its frustrating that the system you've created GGG promotes botting over actual live human interaction.

    bUt If YoU aDd An AuCtiOn HoUsE bOtTeRs WiLl RuIn ThE eCoNoMy.

    Okay.

    Please fix your trade API. Then please consider a new trade manifesto. I don't see myself buying another support pack until critical functionality like trade is revisited.

    submitted by /u/OfficeBrowser_
    [link] [comments]

    Bexodia obliterate

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    Trading this league is slowing us down more than the league mechanic ever could, and not only because the site is slow

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    The trading site is very slow, sometimes even returning an error, but that's been known for a few days.

    Another thing that wastes us a lot of time is buying currency. The first 30 or so listings on most currencies are either sold/afk/pricefixers. And this is becoming more of a problem with the increasing number of players.

    I don't want to make this post too long but i'll try to give an example. Imagine all players who try to buy ex will message the listings on the site, in order. Let's see some numbers

    - if 5 players want to buy 1ex at the same time, the slowest of them will have to message 5 people

    -if 50 players want to buy 1ex at the same time, the slowest of them will have to message 50 people

    Of course, on average you will have to message half of that, but you can see how this scales to our dissadvantage, even when there are also proportionately more people selling ex as there are buyers.

    And this is if consider most listings to be real. A lot of them are just pricefixers or afk people slowing everyone else down (this also overloads the site, because you have to browse it for longer, maybe refresh a few times, until you finally find a trade).

    I'm not asking for an auction house, but we need a solution, and soon.

    edit: I love the league otherwise

    edit2: I see a lot of people sugesting that you can just scroll down straight to the 50th-ish person instead of starting from the top. That doesn't solve the problem, it just moves the problem down: we will still, on average, message the same players multiple times, even if we randomize who we message, and at the same time we might get a bad price, not to mention this just isnt how a market should work.

    edit3: Others keep sugesting to just put your currency up for sale, insetad of buying the other currency. Yes, a lot of us do this. This is just leaving the problem to the next guy, and it kinda proves my point. After listing 1ex, even if it's for 10c more than the real price, you will get tens of messages for it, some of them instantly because the system is broken, some of them after 30 minutes because the trade sites are slow.

    submitted by /u/Zaryphos
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes lucky

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    Finally got some solution for Potato PC

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    Changes to the Purposeful Harbinger Notable Passive

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Forum - Announcements - 3.10.1c Patch Notes Preview - Path of Exile

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Fix Horizon Orb to work with guardian maps. State of SSF right now:

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    [LOOTFILTER] Testing out the new FILTERBLADE SSF MODE! Only available today, need feedback.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    We've deployed a new function!

    The FILTERBLADE SSF MODE. Only available today as an exclusive beta!

    I don't want to spoil you, so just try it out:

    https://filterblade.xyz/

    submitted by /u/NeverSinkDev
    [link] [comments]

    Templer nerfs be like

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Vaal Side areas...

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    New 3.10 Raised Spectre Monster: Redemption Sentry, from Redeemer-influenced maps. It's a ranged monster which uses two physical projectile attacks with 75% physical to cold damage conversion, has 150% base damage, and is very tanky, at 405% base life. Quick map run test.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    Sad guardian noises

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    Somehow I ended up with 9 blue watchstones.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    wanted to show you my MTX i use for my Righteous Fire Build, maybe you'll like it

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Announcing "Path of Gems" - When and where do you get your Gems while leveling?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Hey exiles!

    I had some extra time on my hands thanks to the quarantine, so why not learn something?

    I came across snowpack.dev/ a while back which seems like the future to me (ESM modules in the browser natively!). A new league started around the same time, so why not make a PoE app?

    Path of Gems is pretty simple really: it accepts a Path of Building URL, it downloads the build, decompresses, fetches some gem/vendor/quest data and then displays it on a timeline. All on your browser! 🔥

    Each section corresponds to a level, so you know when you can use the gem and where to get it.

    You can toggle which gem you already have and your build is saved for when you come back.

    Short clip here: https://imgur.com/Q4pKNL9

    So yeah, maybe this helps new players (and not so new that just can't remember) where to get your gems: https://pathofgems.now.sh/

    ---

    Note that because of the technologies used, old browsers probably won't like the site.

    Also, related project to download gem images from the wiki: https://github.com/max-arias/poe-gems-downloader

    submitted by /u/angrydeanerino
    [link] [comments]

    You could not live with your own failure, pathofexile.com/trade.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    I hate to say it, but I've quit the game I loved for the last 5+ years. I don't regret the money I spent here though. I'll only be back if major issues are address.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    It seems every league they move further and further ahead while ignoring issues that get worse and worse.

    Trade is the number one issue, it quite simply is the biggest hold back to this game and becomes worse the more people play the game. I'm not going to beat a dead horse here, as it's all been said numerous times. But you know trade is bad when you are happy you find a bot to trade with.

    League mechanic bloat: Quite simply stop adding everything to the core, cycle some out for a time, with everything added to the core many interactions conflict with others.

    Timed League mechanics: It makes interacting with others for trade or whatever next to impossible if you want to do the mechanic. So many times I get messaged a question or trade and I don't have time to respond because I'm too busy trying to get as much done with the timer counting down.

    Game engine performance: It's gotten worse, and a lot worse. I'm lucky I got a high end system but I remember playing this game on a 550ti back when it released, while it wasn't perfect I managed to enjoy it. Now people are having trouble with set ups 3x stronger than what I originally played with. I understand its 2020 and people should have stronger systems, but not every long term player can afford to upgrade their systems that often and they are getting ignored or insulted because they haven't upgraded their system.

    Global Chat: Its a toxic mess. I have turned it off for leagues now, and it feels like its a part of the game I miss, having people who used to be helpful in chat.

    Well I'll leave it there for now. I'm icing this until POE 2 and hope a lot of these issues are address.

    I fully expect to be downvoted to oblivion or have some other toxic response to this post. You don't have to agree with me, but please don't insult me just because I feel this way, feel free to voice your counter argument.

    Also the game is still growing at a fast pace for new players each league, so I know me leaving means nothing at the end of the day. GGG will only be forced to re-evaluate some of their ideas when a critical mass starts leaving.

    Anyways I'll end by saying thank you GGG for the amazing game, I don't regret supporting you over the years, I hope I do find it worth while to come back at a later time.

    submitted by /u/lddiamond
    [link] [comments]

    Welp, back to the old juice

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    Allready the most iconic price graph in POE history

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel