• Breaking News

    Monday, April 20, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - April 20, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - April 20, 2020


    Questions Thread - April 20, 2020

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Questions Thread - April 20, 2020

    This is a general question thread on April 20, 2020. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the Wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in the #any-question channel in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new. We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A new foe has appeared!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    People are good at trading and math.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    [STD] Pandemonium Veil, Big Boi Herald/Aura stacking Helmet

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    90% of Sirus fight is fine. The last phase is fucking awful design

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Every single time I fight Sirus I debate making this thread. I know we've seen a few thousand of these, but I also want to make sure it continues to be visible.

    The last phase of the Sirus fight is awful. "Run around and pray you don't catch the DIE! beam" mechanic coupled with the "Where's Waldo teleported to this time" mechanic all during the merry-go-round beams is complete and utter shit. It's not engaging. It's not skill-based. It's pure fucking luck.

    I know there are builds that trivialize it. I've killed him 30+ times across three characters. That shouldn't be the fucking requirement of the end-game boss that is part of the final questline.

    It's a god damn awful and frustrating experience. Which I want to be clear - is fine if you feel rewarded as part of completing it. But it doesn't feel good. It feels like you got lucky if you happen to dodge the random ass teleport/beam mechanic and get back to a phase where you can actually use your abilities.

    I am not a game designer. I have, however, played ARPGs for 22 years. If I had an honest suggestion on how to fix the fight I would leave the vast majority of it alone, but take out the RNG aspect of the final phase. Restrict his teleport to flame dash distance. Or leave a trail or some other visual indicator to where he went. It doesn't require much more than that - just give us the ability to actually have some sense of what's going on instead of wishful thinking.

    submitted by /u/holmedog
    [link] [comments]

    Forever ten year old boy ,Ash Ketchum & Pikachu

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Path of Building Community v1.4.169.1 : Installer, Catalyst's, Dual Influence and more

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    Announcement

    Alongside this update, we are also releasing an install wizard, as well as a portable installation. With this long-awaited feature, you no longer have to download the base version or edit any text files. For everyone who already has it installed, updates will work as usual. However, we still recommend using the installer from now on.

    If you want to install this version of PoB, head over here and grab the latest version:https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases

    Changes

    Images for all additions - https://imgur.com/gallery/Czn3ikJ
    edit: Images for Physical damage reduction calculations - https://imgur.com/a/8bJ3N2o

    • Add support for Catalysts on items crafted in PoB or Uniques in the item list ( dclamage )
    • Add support for enemy armour and physical damage reduction calculations for hits and Impales ( Bulgaria)
      • Added Sirus to boss list as he has a 100% more armour multiplier
    • Add support for dual influence item crafting ( dclamage )
    • Add support for Snipe on the Assailum unique helmet ( quote_a )
    • Add support for Split Personality unique jewel ( dclamage )
    • Add 2 new Spectre types ( bsthomsen )
      • Redemption Sentry
      • Baranite Thaumaturge
    • Add "Are you Channelling?" checkbox to support new cluster notables
    • Add support for Violent Retaliation, Vicious Skewering and Rapid Infusion ( Regisle ), ( Nostrademous ), ( dclamage )
    • Add support for Life/ES/Mana gain on Block ( Regisle )
    • Add support for more damage avoidance calculations ( Regisle )
    • Add option to select number of overlapping pods for Toxic Rain ( kkienzle )
    • Add support for breakdown of DoT more multipliers and aura effect ( gtosh4 )
    • Add build name in title bar of PoB window and config to turn this off ( norepro ), ( quote_a )
    • Add attributes to the Node/Item Power sorting list ( dclamage )
    • Add support for mods based on "UsingLifeFlask" and "UsingManaFlask" ( dclamage )
    • Improve support for ignite duration breakdown ( quote_a )
    • Update XP to take into account higher possible mob levels ( Peter Pölzl )
    • Update mine throwing time from 0.25s to 0.3s
    • Fix Hungry Loop crash when socketed with Barrage Support ( dclamage )
    • Fix crash when hovering over the stat breakdown for stats that came from Cluster jewel Keystones ( dclamage )
    • Fix crash related to ticking the Lightning Golem aura ( dclamage )
    • Fix crash when sorting the unique item list ( PJacek )
    • Fix crash caused by Elusive stack overflow ( dclamage )
    • Fix item and gem importer to work properly with Barrage Support and some Cluster jewels ( Openarl )
    • Fix Fractal Thoughts mods not applying correctly ( dclamage )
    • Fix Mask of the Tribunal mana reservation mod not working ( dclamage )
    • Fix Vaal Timeless jewel to disable stats on nodes in its radius
    • Fix wording on Blue and Green Nightmare jewels ( Peter Pölzl )
    • Fix Doomfletch and Doomfletch Prism ( Peter Pölzl )
    • Fix bug where crafted and custom modifiers disappeared from custom items when prefix or suffixes were changed ( dclamage )
    • Fix Master of Metal not applying correctly and being limited to 9 stacks ( dclamage )
    • Fix Impale stacks not being adjustable ( dclamage )
    • Fix tooltip issue when hovering over some Cluster jewel notables ( dclamage )
    • Fix mod on Fortress Covenant ( Peter Pölzl )
    • Fix Perquil's Toe not working properly
    • Fix support for Juggernaut's "cannot be slowed below base speed" mod ( Regisle )
    • Fix rendering of Medium Cluster jewels with 3 notables ( Openarl )
    • Fix Thread of Hope not importing correctly ( Peter Pölzl )
    • Fix Replenishing Presence not stacking correctly ( Openarl )
    • Fix Purposeful Harbinger incorrectly scaling some skills

    Thanks to everyone who has helped out so far, we're looking at getting more support for the legion jewels in the near future with the ability to edit nodes on your tree and support for the new keystones all saved to the jewel used.

    Resources

    If you're interested in contributing to the fork, head here:https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

    If you want to download our fork, head here:https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/wiki/Installing-this-Fork

    If you want to suggest a feature to add, head here:https://feathub.com/LocalIdentity/PathOfBuilding

    submitted by /u/LocalIdentity1
    [link] [comments]

    Nessa has a weird relation with Arthropods... She showed up in a T16 Arakaali fight.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    My flawless experience with A8 Sirus

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    A new pDPS Wand is Born

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    This game is so refreshing

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    I'm sure there have been a lot of posts like this, but I'll start here I suppose. I just started playing this game right about the start of delirium league because one of my friends wanted someone to play with. I was bored with all my other games so I said why not. Boy am I glad I decided to.

    This game has so much to learn from a new player standpoint. Every day I learn something new whether it be from a video on YouTube (huge thanks to Zizaran and ZiggyD for their noob friendly guides) all the different master missions, to delving, to maps, to conquerors, to the AWESOME crafting system. It does everything a game needs to do for me.

    I finally feel like I've actually reached the end game. Just hit level 92 on my lacerate gladiator and killed Sirus awakening level 5 last night. I know it's not awakening level 8, quite frankly I don't even know what the difference is, but I'm happy with where I've gotten so far. I tried my first Simulacrum or whatever it's called and couldn't get wave 20 down, but 19 was good enough for me!

    As much hate as I see on this subreddit about all the bullshit that happens in the game, I just wanted to say thanks to GGG and also the community just to keep me from being bored out of my mind during this COVID-19 time. I'm a cable guy so I'm lucky to be able to keep working right now, but my time at home is actually really fun and I couldn't be happier with my experience so far.

    Thanks for being awesome and I'm looking forward to learning more, and even the next league fresh start!

    If anyone has any obscure tips or something that most people don't know, I'm all ears. I'd love to learn as much as I can going forward :) cheers!

    submitted by /u/Chubacca80
    [link] [comments]

    I got balls not rng :)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    This League heavily punishes the builds that cannot map faster enough

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    I normally played 5-6 builds per leagues include at least one melee build. After 3.9 rework, the game offers much more challenges and endgame, I feels more enjoyable and meaningful to spent more time to min-max my build before move on to the next one, which is really good.

    3.10 league mechanics increase the difficult of endgame mapping to a new level. The timer of the delirium encounter requires you not only to run a decent layout map and also run really FAST to finish the map. A build can map fast will get four reward bars regularly, while a build with mediocre clear speed will suffer a lot.

    The difference is much larger than it seems since you clear faster and you will get a better chance to engage other mechanic during map(breach blight Alva etc..) to catch up with the timer before the delirium fade out.

    I now finished three builds but really hesitate to tried some interesting build with slower play-style since it's really not fun to miss out the league mechanic in the middle of map

    Personally, I really don't like the league mechanic reward to tie with clear speed. Metamorph league is the most fun one, and I play a lot during that time; Blight league is pretty good as well and the blight map is somehow challenging and rewarded; People are attracted by the amount of loot from Legion rewards/melee rework, but when you look back it 's just really boring that people doing ice nova/essence drain/Vaal arc while sitting on T2 glacier all day, because these builds can fully clear up the whole encounter and get the best rewards out of it (but not overwhelming like this league), and the 5-way encounter just dominate by those self-curse headhunter build since the price is not even worth to run it with normal build, which is once again a "clear fast means more rewards" type.

    After going through past league content, I really hope GGG will take more consideration to approach/design the future league mechanic, and "speed = rewards" type is not a good way to do it imo.

    Thank you for taking time to read my little thought

    submitted by /u/dyh135
    [link] [comments]

    [DSC] Crafted that delicious helmet

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    [DSC] Rage Spell Titanium Spirit Shield

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    Would've been nice to see Delirium boss actually jump out in a map boss-fight like in the trailer

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    I know it wouldn't be liked by some people maybe but it was a nice touch in the trailer which unfortunately I, for one, did not see at all and I don't think anyone saw it either.

    submitted by /u/creeperjockeyEUNE
    [link] [comments]

    Scamming Has Gone Too Far

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    A + dex/str gem level bow with CDot Multi and an additional projectile.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    6 man Aul at 3343 depth

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    This week Niko's special!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    PSA: Move your atlas device away from your waypoint portal PLEASE.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    I always try to tell people "move your atlas device away from your portal, you might get screwed by scammers" Because people have a tendency to put their devices right next to the atlas.

    I just got into a trade with a guy, got into his hideout and he trades me, as i'm clicking to accept i missclick into his temple which is 2 fucking inches close to his waypoint, i don't have a fucking ssd so it takes 30 years for me to load in, i'm anxious because i know he'll call me a scammer. I load in, he barrages me with insults, i try to apologise over and over, he insults me some more and says "enjoy purgatory". FFS

    Its fucking 4:56 am, this poorly writen, ik but all i wanna say is MOVE THAT SHIT AWAY PLEASE.

    Not only will you not get your ass scammed, but you will also spare yourself and other people from BS.

    submitted by /u/kaiquechan
    [link] [comments]

    Exilecon Devourer Portal Effect Give Away!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    Hey guys! My wife and I attended Exilecon last November and I was looking through some of my goodies and completely forgot I had two of the portal effects I never redeemed. I just redeemed one and they are still good, and since my wife doesnt play the second one is up for grabs!

    If your interested, throw a comment in here and I will choose a winner tomorrow at 1700 MST (5 PM Mountain Standard Time). Your comment needs to be about your most memorable POE experience.

    Thanks for sharing and good luck to you all!

    ** EDIT I have been trying to reply to everyones post, really enjoying reading them, but I must go make some lunch for the wife (Im off today and she is working from home). Thanks for all the great reads so far, they are putting a smile to my face *\*

    submitted by /u/SaviousMT
    [link] [comments]

    TIL you can dodge Sirus' entire meteor maze with Flame Dash

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    A nice drop at depth 420 on 4/20

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Anyone else recieving pretty high ping spikes frequently?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    I've had it for around ~3 days now, where my ping just spikes to ~250 couple seconds, usually i sit at a solid, 30. Trying to decipher wether its a me problem or server problem :)

    Edit: EU servers btw :P

    submitted by /u/ItzMurrayzz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel