• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 22, 2021

    Path of Exile Builds Old timer struggling along since Synthesis League.

    Path of Exile Builds Old timer struggling along since Synthesis League.


    Old timer struggling along since Synthesis League.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 07:49 PM PDT

    Ok everyone, I need some help. I've been playing POE now since synthesis and I've never really "got guud." I'm terrible at making currency, I'm terrible at end-game bossing, and I'm super terrible at pushing league start by trying some off-meta craptastic glass-cannon build that really can't put up numbers due to my craptastic ability to never make any currency to invest in the builds I'm attempting. I've NEVER had a 5th map device slot, or run the hardest end game content. (elder/uber/atziri/etc)

    I don't rush red maps both due to sustain, damage/defense, and my inability to not be a completionist and knock out every t1-5 map before moving to yellows, and then to reds. This league I've strugglebussed with 3 characters. A hexblast/ignite inquisitor (started with that horrible BF/BB glass cannon) that I've invested way too much currency in to only push a couple million dps over 6 seconds. Survivability is nice but those boss fights (15 minute A1-A4 Warlord fight anyone?)

    Next was the ground slam champion using the Pillar of the caged god, which needs a metric assed shit-ton of investment to be able to start pumping it full of awakened gems and multi ex invested per gear piece for decent boss killing damage and defenses.

    Now I'm onto another slightly more survivable glass cannon - the lightning strike raider. Some of the best clear, no problems with map bosses, but I'm getting one shotted by Sirus and Catarina with me making the slightest of mistakes. I'm level 89 right now, and as far as the build goes, I've got pretty good HP for a raider (4800hp) yet if I step into uber lab and eat two of those rotating/moving spike traps - I'm melted in less than half a second. So, level 89 and have not gotten my 4th ascendancy.

    I've had good luck with max block and dual wield gladiators in past leagues, also with a VD/DD necro a few leagues back. I've done the standard fallback ED trickster as well as necro minions and found them both kinda "meh" play wise as well in past leagues. Did a ground slam jugg a few leagues ago, and it seemed solid, but had to quit the league only after 7 days.

    I've tried to nail down a currency making strat in the past, be it delving (which I love) or heists, but I always seem to hit a brick wall. It also seems that every league, if you are not running super juiced t16s within 5 to 6 days, or breach rotas (or whatever they are called) you are not finding gear worth selling for currency to sustain and build a character without some blind assed luck god on your side.

    I closed down the client this morning in disgust at dying in uber lab in the exact same spot TWICE with the LS Raider, and have not touched POE all day.

    So in a nutshell:

    I'm having problems getting the currency together needed to make a meme/youtube/streamer build viable. I did play the market a few leagues ago, and made 80ex or so in just a few days, but I'd rather play "my pretty ponies online" with my eyes gouged out before ever doing that again.

    I need a currency/build strat regimen that syncs up well that I can stick with.

    I'm stagnant in my progression with a wall in my face nearly every single league.

    I'm having a hell of a time with red map t11+ sustain.

    I FINALLY realize I need a build thats a little more forgiving playstyle wise for my 50 year old eyes/reflexes.

    I need to stop watching FastAF and mbXtreme youtube videos thinking their builds are viable on a 10ex budget.

    Pastebin for the LS Raider

    https://pastebin.com/x7hrQU8i

    Hexblast Inq

    https://pastebin.com/7Cm4KaM1

    I've gutted the ground slam champ so its not even worth posting.

    Any mentors out their willing to help an old gamer out? Thanks much in advance! Shoot me a build and a currency strategy that synergizes well together? General pointers, league start strats, I'm open to anything! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Danhammur
    [link] [comments]

    For BB builds, guides say to not level Blade Blast or Spell Cascade. I have found a handful of builds on POE Ninja that do max out those skills. Any advantage to leveling them up?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    I have been following BB Assasin build and tunnel visioned the last 10 levels to 90. I started referring back to some guides and POE Ninja to start focusing on end game gear and stats. I then realized I had maxed out BB and Spell Cascade and guides and most of the 100s on POE Ninja do not level those gems at all. I understand the reasoning, mana for BB and better grouping for SC. Some people have leveled the gems like I accidentally have but I have had zero issues and I ran handful of maps last night replacing said gems with level 1s and I could not notice much if any difference. Spell Cascade makes sense leaving low level but BB I doesn't make sense if I am not having mana problems ( I am not using a Mana Flask and have enough regen to run a max level BB). Is it just not worth the extra stats you sacrifice for the proper mana regen to maintain a max level BB?

    submitted by /u/MachineGunTits
    [link] [comments]

    [Zizaran] The SAFEST & TANKIEST Boss killer - Herald of Agony Juggernaut (3.14)

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    General's Cry?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    I haven't played since Delirium league and I wanted to try a Beszerker since the last time I played a Maurader was in Breach. I saw some videos about Zerker General's Cry builds from 3.13 but also people saying it's dead for this league? I'm really interested in trying it out, I have about 30ex right now and can farm more because Harbingers lul.

    Is it a good or fun build?

    submitted by /u/Yaksauce
    [link] [comments]

    Replica Alberon's Warpath [Flicker Strike] 8k life - 20 mil dps

    Posted: 21 May 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    CI and CHAOS RESISTANCE

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    Hello exiles, i got a question about the defence status of CI. I am currently CI using incandescent armor but my chaos resistance is -50 soo 20% of elemental damage taken as chaos. WIll chaos resistance affect the 20% elemental damage converted?

    submitted by /u/rikmust
    [link] [comments]

    Please critic my Raise Spectre summoner

    Posted: 22 May 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    [deleted]

    submitted by /u/asavour
    [link] [comments]

    Aura stacker viability?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    How viable are self-carry aura stackers these days? I checked PoE ninja and saw folks pulling around 20m dps. Is that one of those things where they're doing 20m, but feels like 100m? Tanky and fast? What's going on here.

    My first real in-depth league was delirium, and I really miss playing the build

    submitted by /u/dirigibles21
    [link] [comments]

    Donkster5s Toxic Tank

    Posted: 22 May 2021 12:16 AM PDT

    Salutations Exiles

    I've been working through a few guides and trying to piece together a build very much a different Prototype of u/Donkster5 Toxic Tank Champion

    A little of a remark on that build, it's fucking incredible and full credit to Donkster5, my theory is for those who are afraid of playing armour if you will. Now onto the premise.

    Armour, Endurance Charges and possibly petrified blood/Adrenaline

    By foregoing the Acrobatics and Phase Acro nodes, skipping the dodge, and utilising the Replica Perfect Form with the tree Flesh and Stone (Sand) we will have access to an Effective blind aura, which should proc Wind Dancer. The theory would be that by avoiding the nearby hits, stacking the damage mitigation from Wind Dancer, Adrenaline and Petrified Blood, by maintaining Fortify naturally from the tree, and utilising a small life flask to proc in and out of Low Life, ditching the secondary Toxic Rain links for Blast Rain - Hextouch - Despair / Enfeeble (or both with awakened) - mirage Archer - withering touch you can keep Massive wither uptime at minimal effort, by going into iron reflexes, absorption of the incoming damage shouldn't be a problem

    Shy of using the Enduring Composure node in a Small Cluster, I haven't quite figured out the way to obtain the Endurance Charges effortlessly but that's a work in progress.

    By changing the Acrobatics and Dodge all together, you can further focus more passive points into life to supplement the already powerful pool, which will account for the Petrified Blood halving it.

    Another idea would be to pick up a Despair on hit ring, or rely entirely on the Flask to apply the despair debuff, using a 4L with Blast Rain, Hextouch Enfeeble Mirage Archer, and run Kaoms Heart for a mass boost to life, admittedly this would limit the capacity for links, it will however boost the health pool.

    Is Petrified Blood worth it in this instance? With the right amount of natural avoidance through Sand Stance Flesh and Stone and Enfeeble , is Petrified Blood excessive? Adrenaline and Petrified Blood in this case go hand in hand as they enable one another through the use of Low Life

    The main damage links would remain the same utilising Ballista Totems and likely The Skirmish to sustain large damage uptime with less focus on the damage yourself with totems taunting and passively chonkin down the bosses.

    Any input would be greatly appreciated, also if you end up here Donkster5, I fuckin love your work mate Best or luck, Exiles

    submitted by /u/SymruinGaming
    [link] [comments]

    HoAG Cyclone Jugg : How can I make it better ?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 03:46 AM PDT

    I made that build on PoB (community fork) so here's the link : https://pastebin.com/xWeAvgV2

    I saw other builds with HoAG and they have around 2M DPS so I think I'm good on the damage.

    What mostly concerns me is the low EHP pool without Divine Flesh and the low amount of life gained on hit. I'm not sure it's gonna be enough so I'm relying a lot on the tankyness that Divine Flesh brings and on my ability to dash big damage. I suppose it should be fine against bosses since I have dash but I'm worried about mob packs.

    I'm also not sure about my choice of pantheon, especially the major one. I think ryslatha on the minor for life flask charges isn't bad since boss fights might take a while and since I don't have much life on hit I'm gonna need that life flask.

    Some stuff if you're on mobile or can't access PoB :

    - Jugg with Unstoppable, Unbreakable, Unflinching and Unrelenting

    - 2M DPS HoAG at level 93 thanks to 4 Pure Agony cluster jewels and 60 virulence

    - Tree : mostly life, sanctum of thought for armour and crit damage reduction, resolute technique

    - 2 random large cluster jewels (could use minion damage cluster jewels for a little bit more damage though), 4 Pure Agony medium cluster jewels, 1 Antivenom small cluster jewel (for chaos res to cap it and make use of Divine Flesh)

    - Uniques : 2 cold iron point daggers, kaom's heart, thief's torment, calamitous vision, the golden rule (for chaos res and to stack virulence faster with the reflect poison), fluid motion and brute force solution for dexterity and intelligence needs, glorious vanity with Divine Flesh

    - Rares : mostly life and res. Minion Damage support on the helmet mods, Poison and Faster attacks support on the gloves mods.

    Skills :

    - HoAG, Pierce, Vicious proj, Damage on full life, Minion Damage (from helmet mods)

    - Cyclone, Life gain on hit, Fortify, Withering touch, Poison and Faster attacks (from gloves mods)

    - Dash, Convocation, Lifetap, Second Wind

    - CWDT, Punishment, Molten shell

    - CWDT, Desecrate, Spirit offering

    submitted by /u/Nimyron
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help With Lancing Steel

    Posted: 22 May 2021 03:45 AM PDT

    Hey, I've been struggling with survivability & damage.

    I have 5.2k life and 75% all res + -31% chaos.

    Could someone please give me tips about what items I need to look for.

    And when I need to press "Call of Steel" in clearing maps/bossing.

    My PoB: https://pastebin.com/cF3pdSa2

    submitted by /u/Acceptable_Fly5122
    [link] [comments]

    Would someone be willing to tell me how badly I messed up my Enki build? (While trying to transition to more DPS)

    Posted: 21 May 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Made Enki build because I am still learning.

    Wanted to try and get more DPS. Looked up some stuff online.

    Made poor choices. Need to fix :(

    https://pastebin.com/EuSsTUBB

    Anyone willing to tell me how badly I messed up :(

    submitted by /u/BearlyLogical
    [link] [comments]

    Need some input on CoC Assassin build

    Posted: 22 May 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Recently I wanted to try something new and switched from my BB BF Assassin to CoC ice nova build. I Followed mainly Juju's CI Block CoC ice nova guide on the forum and also top builds on poe.ninja. My problem is that dps seems way lower. When I check the dps on the poe.ninja and my dps on the pob, they are way too different. Could you review and give me some feedback if I'm doing something wrong? This build is completely new to me. Thanks in advance!

    My pob: https://pastebin.com/1MwPxAEy

    submitted by /u/Doganjant
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for gearing help for my BFBB Raider on SSFHC

    Posted: 22 May 2021 02:32 AM PDT

    Since I am done with challenges this league I have decided to play SSFHC. Its been pretty fun. I started yesterday and have made it to 79 so far. The build is pretty strong obviously but I need help on how to gear it and where to find/craft those items.

    Heres my POB https://pastebin.com/suUQ7xWq

    submitted by /u/Yeahopiniontime
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Scold's Bridle CWC VD

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    I'm trying out CWC VD using Scold's Bridle for corpse generation, and it currently feels bad, like my CWDT setup isn't procing nearly as frequently as it should. Current PoB: https://pastebin.com/DX33SEJJ

    Cyclone APS with 3 frenzies is 4.72 (in-game offense sheet). Mana cost for cyclone is 54 (in-game tooltip). I have 3 endurance charges and no armour, so 12% phys damage reduction. I should be taking 4.72 * 54 * 4 (scolds) * .88 = 897 damage per second.

    I have divergent lvl 1 CWDT, so I need 423 damage to proc it. It should be procing ~2.12 times per second.

    In practice, CWDT seems to actually be procing ~1.16 times per second (tapping out the BPM). It makes corpse generation and therefore VD feel terrible. I cannot figure out what's wrong.

    Any ideas?

    Edit: I thought maybe it was Petrified Blood, since 40% damage "prevented" makes the numbers sort of make sense, if it also prevented that 40% from counting towards CWDT. However, after testing without Petrified Blood, there is no difference. Back to the drawing board.

    Edit 2: If I manually channel cyclone until CWDT procs, stop channeling, immediately channel again, and repeat the process, I can get close to the expected procs per second. Something seems bugged.

    Edit 3: Zero difference in proc rate between regular and divergent lvl1 CWDT gems while channeling.

    submitted by /u/cfaftw
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions On Totem Builds

    Posted: 21 May 2021 10:48 PM PDT

    So in ARPGs I am a big fan of turrets, set it and it just shoots off and in PoE I see that type of gameplay is solely in Totems and I any, what ae some good totem builds? I heard that freezing pulse is good but I don't know much outside of that.

    submitted by /u/Raiko556
    [link] [comments]

    Help maxing my build?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:43 PM PDT

    With my Frostbomb Elementalist I've cleared everything in the game Cough TrialmasterCough, except for The Feared. I lost to a combination of my awful PC and not knowing the moveset of The Cortex boss, but I also think my damage was on the low end. Looking at the other PoB's of the same build they can get DPS 10x mine and I find it hard to squeeze that out of it.

    Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/2FKJhDye

    I know I'm not stun immune that is something I would look to get when replacing my current gear. Also Path of Building says only 1.2mil DPS but it feels way higher in game.

    submitted by /u/IMSOGOD
    [link] [comments]

    Ball lightning vs frost bomb heiro on ~50ex budget?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 10:12 AM PDT

    After I liquidate my character I should have enough to swap into one of the two. What are folks liking more? From some quick looks it seems like 40-50 ex will go further with bl than fb but I'm unsure.

    submitted by /u/ploptipi
    [link] [comments]

    Help me find my dream build please

    Posted: 21 May 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    in the last 2-3 leagues i always rerolled pretty early and tested builds to find my "one main build" kinda

    But i havent found "the one" yet. I thought maybe one of you can help me out.What i want in a build is being tanky and decent boss dmg, dont mind if the clear is not as fast. I like stuff that chains, but isnt a must (for legion). i dont like channeling builds like winter orb or blade vortex builds. Everything agnostic is totally my jam but also not a must.

    Builds i really liked so far were Miners (pretty much all the same) but recently lots of miner builds tend to go LL, which i absolutely hate and never want to play any LL build again.

    Hollow Palm infernal blow raider - lots of fun, chain explosions are always fun

    Hollow Palm ice crash raider - also loved it, but too squishy sometimes

    played raider a lot and enjoyed it but i would just love something more tanky + more boss dmg but slower

    BL agnostic hiero - great build, boss dmg i love, but went stale pretty fast.

    Stormbrand hiero - i love brands but im not sure what brand build will take me from leagustart all the way to maps to sirus etc. and is scaleable.

    builds i played that are okay but i dont want to play. BF/BB, summoner, bleed bow, arc (cause of non existing boss dmg), ED/cont, lightning trap, steel skills

    Thanks for any idea you guys might have

    submitted by /u/reikumo
    [link] [comments]

    Could use some ideas as to how to improve my Frostblink Occultist's defenses.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 06:25 AM PDT

    The character overall is truly a blast to play. Over 5M average hit, screen-wide explosions and everything frozen around (including endgame bosses, except the few with immunity).. Until something isn't, then one-taps me! Hahaha

    Frostblink is truly an underrated spell. It has extremely large damage effectiveness, and the cooldown thingy isn't as annoying as it seems. Specially on ultimatums, where you are surrounded by rares. For bosses, I'm mostly two or three tapping them, while they are slowed to a crawl, so no biggie.

    Snapshot of my current character: https://pastebin.com/jUct2sAB

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Knuckledust
    [link] [comments]

    Beasts invasion

    Posted: 21 May 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    Beasts invasion

    I opened a map, got a random Einhar encounter with 22 beasts. No sextants, no scarabs, nothing but a rare map with 20% quality. Is it a bug or something ?

    https://preview.redd.it/wh6970bxog071.png?width=648&format=png&auto=webp&s=953d9b8b7699c4e1a3f5f5f9cb271e867d698d09

    submitted by /u/DesmoSaze
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone successfully made a Sunder build or Cyclone raider this league?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    I was wondering if it's a viable skill to use. The spice I was thinking was... Sunder Raider? I don't know how well that'd even work, but after testing a raider(trapper) this league, I feel like I just can not play unless I can play raider. Reason being that the base movement speed makes playing so much better.

    If Sunder Raider is a no go... what would be the go to ascendancy?

    As for Cyclone Raider. I kind of have wanted to play Voidforge or with Trinity, but I have no idea how one would build that or what is required to get the damage up. If there's someone who could kind of give some advice how you'd build it up, and would it be possible to do as a league starter(example in private league) assuming you'll get the voidforge just later? Until you get your hands on Voidforge, not sure how you'd play/start one.

    submitted by /u/Famatic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel