• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 12, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 12, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 12, 2021


    Questions Thread - May 12, 2021

    Posted: 11 May 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Leaked 3.15 MTX, Desktop Icons!

    Posted: 12 May 2021 03:09 AM PDT

    Feels like I have found a mirror tbh

    Posted: 12 May 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    In POE even NPC will try to scam you

    Posted: 12 May 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    Nugi finds a Trialmaster

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:48 AM PDT

    With the introduction of cursor mtx, why not bring a free colourblind version for gems and also other buyable options for people who want to further support and customize their user interface?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 12:29 PM PDT

    Woe Duty, Synthesized Int-Stacking Shield

    Posted: 12 May 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    Shoutout to this Belly i bought on day 3 of the league for 50c and has refused to link til now through 20+EX of fusings.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    The only acceptable cursor MTX

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:10 AM PDT

    300 hours this season and still didn't get a trialmaster fight. Adding randomness to boss fights appearances is GGG biggest mistake.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    I started Poe in 2014 and it's the best game I've played in the last decade. I've skipped some seasons, I've switched from hardcore to softcore along the way, but I've played a lot and I had a blast doing so. But this will be my last season.

    I lost my job thanks to covid so I thought I would give it all this time. I've got 12days played on my blade blast Inquisitor and my atlas is almost fully complete (awakener 120). My gear is worth at least a hundred exalts, I've never felt so strong this quickly in a league. I've died to Uber elder and Sirus awakened 8 twice already.

    I'm only level 94 because I die randomly in trials since I accept them all in the juicest maps. I don't mind dying at all, I'm here for the challenge (I wouldn't mind knowing what killed me though). I keep trying because I want to get my revenge, I want to beat the dude after all this trolling since the beginning of the season. But I can't since he won't show up. I feel robbed.

    I've got maven invitations to fight elder and shaper guardians and that seems fun. I can't wait to have my ass handed over to me. Problem is that Maven didn't show up on them all so I have to wait.

    How many more hours do I have to play to finally see the trial master fight ? How many more elder and shaper guardians do I need to fight to fill Maven's invitations ? I've never found a headhunter or a mirror. But I don't care, I know I'm not the lucky type and I don't need them to enjoy the game. Now I can't even get to enjoy the new league contents after all this time I put in. And since it's random i might never be able to, which makes it even more infuriating.

    I am sure a lot of people will think: "those are rooky numbers, stop dying, 12 days to complete atlas lol, git gud noob". I don't disagree with them, but during betrayal I would have fought Cata 30 times by now with that amount of playing (even with all the bugs). And the best part is that I would have known when she was about to show up.

    The amount of time you have to dedicate to this game has grown exponentially each season. And now I don't know who this game is for. I will happily argue with anyone that this is the best arpg ever made but I will also highly discourage anyone to invest their time in it. Even my friends who've been spending a lot of time on wow since the last 15years. They've got children like me. Would I suggest it to my nephew ? Hell no, get outside kid.

    I will try to get a headhunter before I start a new job in a couple of months. But afterwards I'm done with Poe as it is today.

    What would I suggest for people that have less time ? It used to exist: Races, weekly flashback events. Bring them back please GGG.

    Edit: So according to mapwatch I've won 178 trialmaster encounters in the 488maps I've done. According to a fellow redditer it means that I'm a bit unlucky and it is working as intended. I just have to keep grinding but at a faster pace and without dying at all.

    Which makes all this even worse. You guys are totally nuts for accepting this as the norm. Or I'm just an old dad unable to grasp the fun of this infinite grind. Thanks GGG for making me realize this. I will make sure my kids never hear of poe as they grow up. Stay sane exiles.

    submitted by /u/Toytsien
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: There's a free high contrast cursor in the MTX tab that anyone can use. It is a new option next to the body armor there is a new option in the cosmetics section

    Posted: 11 May 2021 05:45 PM PDT

    How I feel about Heist

    Posted: 11 May 2021 06:10 PM PDT

    When some dude make a new build.

    Posted: 11 May 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    Some experts please, what killed me here?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    I miss the good old harvest so much!

    Posted: 12 May 2021 12:02 AM PDT

    I just really like the way that I could freely craft my own gear.

    I've never tried to make a build before Ritual league because I have no idea if the build is gonna work or not, since you probably won't find the exact gear you need in the market or it will be too expensive. But with harvest I know that everything is possible.

    I just go check poedb and browse all the affixes on that base, then select the ones I need or I want on that piece of gear. I even made a character fully geared with selfmade rare as a noob.

    yeah I know I could still find the perfect mirror-tier gear somewhere in the market after the harvest nerf. But they are just not accessible to me anymore.

    What if GGG give us one more server each league? I mean right now we have: standard, Ultimatum trade, Ultimatum hc trade, Ultimatum ssf hc right? what if we have another server called Ultimatum trade (with old harvest implemented) something like that? so the players like me can go play in that server to enjoy harvest craft. while others don't like harvest can just play the normal trade server.

    (ok maybe harvest crafts become non-tradeable in that kind of server is more fair, so basically you have to grind harvest yourself if you want to craft by uself)

    it's not gonna happen mostlikely, just me day dreaming a bit. But wanna hear what you think about the idea

    submitted by /u/Zeriob
    [link] [comments]

    It happens, its true! Over 4k hours finally happens.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    New MTX ideas after Cursors

    Posted: 11 May 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    Pretty little rocks, just for me...

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    How to roll perfect resistances using Harvest

    Posted: 12 May 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    How to roll perfect resistances using Harvest

    Targeted resistance divines using harvest

    I am not sure if anyone knows this (probably a lot of people do) but you can use Harvest resistance change crafts to divine your resistances to be perfect

    Harvest resist change keeps the tier of the resistance the same, however it doesn't keep the roll the same, so you can swap between two resists until they are both perfect.

    example item :

    I had perfect aura roll and perfect fire, so I used lightning to cold, and cold to lightning until I got perfect lightning resistance without ruining any other suffix rolls.

    If you would to use a targeted suffix divine, even lucky it would be harder to get all suffixes perfectly rolled

    This isn't the case on all items however, you can't use this trick on triple res items as you won't be able to swap between two resists, however it's super useful if you have a perfect spell crit chest with a resist on it and you want to roll JUST the resistance modifier without ruining the spell crit roll.

    Hope someone finds this useful.

    submitted by /u/StefanLoncar
    [link] [comments]

    Legacy Maps

    Posted: 12 May 2021 03:57 AM PDT

    Legacy Maps

    https://preview.redd.it/0o8buqrj5oy61.png?width=780&format=png&auto=webp&s=e561c0ae5c292e43bad962c30df1c619cf2a110a

    Rule 10
    •Sell 3 Caer Blaidd maps, of which at least one has a different tier (for example T6, T6, T2)
    •Obtain Legacy Caer Blaidd T5 map
    •Vall Legacy Caer Blaidd T5 map.
    •Hope for 1/4 chance to brick the item

    PSA This works with any unique map. However, to obtain a legacy variant of a unique, the item must have a unique version.

    submitted by /u/sideg1030
    [link] [comments]

    New patch destroyed the game for Windows 7 users, but hey we got new cursors.

    Posted: 11 May 2021 05:35 PM PDT

    Game's working fine for me, win10. Just posting this for visibility for our fallen exiles.

    submitted by /u/ThetaGangOnly
    [link] [comments]

    contrast cursor

    Posted: 12 May 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    contrast cursor

    thanks for free contrast cursor. can you make multiple colors? please. something like dark red, dark blue. I think the problem with the standard cursor is that it merges with everything when you play a lot. this is the main reason why people use third party apps. contrast cursor partially solves the problem, but I would like different colors

    https://preview.redd.it/xf4evlmzhny61.jpg?width=705&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=03fef8fe0f00f19b2a63392ed781e427efe828a0

    and bonus. GachiBass edition

    https://preview.redd.it/edbzhb8mlny61.jpg?width=345&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=87ced04f80fcf9e74a97a6b2e3a482fdb4cbf8c6

    submitted by /u/colorgb
    [link] [comments]

    My first PoE meme (budget)

    Posted: 11 May 2021 05:49 PM PDT

    Disappointed with the relative lack of communication & transparency this league

    Posted: 11 May 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    I'm not sure how to start this off, because I think that pretty much anything I go with is gonna make me seem like a giant baby. Oh well...

    So: I post here now and then, I'd like to think I love path of exile and I've been playing it pretty regularly over the last few years. I don't think I skipped a league since Talisman, and I've been on an at-least-36-challenges streak since the league after Breach. Whatever that was. I started playing SSF exclusively since Harvest, and I'll admit it sparked my love for the game more than I thought it would.

    I'm sad to say that Ultimatum and the various balance changes that came with it have made the game a lot less enjoyable for me. I don't know if a majority of the player-base feels this way, but I think it's safe to say that relatively many players do.

    Crucially, this is exacerbated by silence from the community team on what feels to me like almost all of the hotly-debated (mostly balance-related) topics since Ultimatum's launch: Harvest, Trialmaster RNG, engine performance, core loot pool changes, atlas passive tree changes, and so on.

    This relative silence makes me feel a lot worse, because it inhibits any hope for seeing changes to those things - but also doesn't outright say "this is how we'd like it to be" (which IMO would feel a lot better, and allow me to make a more informed decision on whether I want to keep playing).

    TL;DR: the bold part!

    To close this off (and before moving the discussion to y'all), I'd like to vent on two closely-related topics that are personally bothering me. Feel free to skip this if you want:

    • Many of the changes feel to me like a middle finger towards SSF players specifically. It's become more difficult to progress your endgame to a point where it feels meaningful and fun, it's harder than before to farm towards specific unique items, and as a result of this a lot of the minute-to-minute gameplay feels less deliberate and more "randomly kill stuff and hope something good happens, maybe"
    • I feel like I've become a slave to the 36-and-above challenge streak that I've been maintaining, and it's difficult for me to break away from the league even though I'm not managing to enjoy it as much as I usually do

    Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to reading your takes on this subject!

    submitted by /u/IcyRespawn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel