• Breaking News

    Friday, May 14, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 14, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 14, 2021


    Questions Thread - May 14, 2021

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Any chance some of this could combine into stacks next league....

    Posted: 14 May 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    I Laughed to hard - '' not really in the mood for support packs.''

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:26 AM PDT

    Zizaran on flasks and loot pickup

    Posted: 14 May 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Hot take: Flasks should just be removed from the game.

    Posted: 13 May 2021 06:05 PM PDT

    There are a few front-page threads about RSI in general and flask macros in particular. I wanted to provide an alternative viewpoint that I think would improve Path of Exile's design. Please note that this excludes Health and Mana flasks.

    Flask abilities are largely not a good fit for flasks as a concept because they are not situational. Even midway through the Acts, most players want to have 100% uptime on their flask effects. By the endgame, it becomes a necessity. Players always want their Crit chance to be Lucky. They always want +3000 evasion or armor. They always want 40% increased damage. They always want increased movement speed.

    The average endgame player, in addition to a selection of the above effects, is also probably immune to curses, freezing, bleed, and more. Some flasks even provide Keystone abilities or other build enablers. In a well designed game these powerful abilities have mechanical tradeoffs. In Path of Exile, the tradeoffs are injury and inconvenience and that is not acceptable. When the abilities are this useful and can be activated as fast as you can run a map, you no longer have something that fits "potion" design; Flasks are regular gear that requires constant button pressing to function.

    Here's a thought experiment: Imagine all buff flasks became magic nipple rings that said "If you have killed recently, you have X ability". Which flasks functionally change? I'm betting that it's a pretty small list.

    I want to know how people in this community would fix or replace flasks. My personal opinion is that flasks should just be ripped out ASAP, and we let the meta rebalance around whatever's left. Then we give GGG all the time they need to design situational, non-spamworthy abilities that actually add something to the game.

    submitted by /u/NotReallyFromTheUK
    [link] [comments]

    Corruption Sole, Freeze/Chill Immune Dex-Stacking Boots

    Posted: 14 May 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    Why is this community surprised that the communication has declined?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    There's a lot of discussion recently over declining communication and changes in it. How is this not the most obvious trajectory for GGG to take in this scenario?

    Every comment that they make gets rubbed under their nose whenever something previously declared slightly changes or is not made DEFCON 1 in their priority list; and the reason why Community_Team account was made was because the personal attacks became too much.

    Even right now there are constant attacks and vilifying of GGG due to their changing stance on game mechanics, portraying them as irrational and bad actors.
    Things change and adapt based on new information for a better outcome but seemingly GGG is exempt from that prerogative, at least for this community.

    There really is nobody else to blame but yourselves for the hostility, aggression and permanent residence on the drama couch.

    submitted by /u/Wwaddupp
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone complaining about harvest nerfs and crafting, but endgame gear acquisition shouldn't only be crafting... right?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    I think the last time I picked up an upgrade from the ground (or purchased an item on trade that was dropped, not crafted) more than 2 days after league start was in 2001 when I still played Diablo.

    submitted by /u/asdfyolo420blazeit
    [link] [comments]

    The bird mtx was a great purchase.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    Dear GGG, guess it's about time to change NPC fractured fossil cost, right?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 05:35 AM PDT

    Trialmaster (and ALL league bosses) should work like Sirus: Deterministic entry, Adjustable difficulty/reward

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    Content should not be hidden behind RNG nor gated to a tenth of a percent of the playerbase that reaches maps.

    Gate the best rewards if you must. Make challenges difficult to accomplish. But seeing and experiencing the content at a basic level should not require PoE to be a full time job for the weeks on end without ever coming close.

    Sirus is a fight I love and hate. I love how if you're competent at dodging his attacks you can kill him reliably without issue (texture streaming notwithstanding). I hate how he's one of so many things in PoE that can offscreen you before you can react ('member detonate dead totems being removed 'cause they could do that? I 'member).

    But what I love most about Sirus is that I can choose how I want to fight him, and what reward I can expect. If my build is a work in progress I can tune him down. If my build is strong I can turn him up. I can customize my experience and find the right level for my current league status quo. And that's awesome.

    I can even do that with Catarina, the Omnitect, Blight maps, Delirium orbs, and even Breachstones to an extent.

    But I have to random into Oshabi (or used to; now its random into the bosses, and into the drops...). I have to random into the Trialmaster. And I can't do shit about it if the only time I see him (I have yet to) it's in an extremely rippy guardian map that I'm already barely hanging on in.

    I like seeing PoE content. I don't play 18 hours a day. I am not printing mirrors, I barely make a handful of exalts per league if I'm lucky. But I still do the content I can see and control. I fight Shaper and Elder and Uber Elder. I fight Catarina. I fight Sirus, a lot. I really like fighting Sirus. I always feel like I can win.

    I like feeling like I can win. Importantly, I can't feel like I can win if I never have a chance to try.

    Content should always be deterministic. Random elements are fine, but being able to actually play content should always be something that can be done in a guaranteed way. That doesn't mean rewards should be guaranteed or easy to get, but if only a handful of players get to ever even experience the content, what's the point of even putting it in the game? To show it off on streams?

    Sirus is such a well designed endgame experience (though far from perfect) because of how scaleable he is. He can be a pushover or a one shot machine. He can drop nothing or something worth more than an average player's build. It all depends on the player's choice in how difficult and rewarding to make him.

    Trialmaster, in a league that is entirely designed around that concept of risk/reward, being entirely RNG is so out of place it's actually astounding that he made it into the game as-is. But importantly, whether he is changed or not, future league content should follow the Sirus route. Lock players out of rewards if they can't handle the toughest difficulties if you must, but let people see the cool stuff.

    Not everyone wants to watch PoE streams to experience the game. Some of us want to actually play it ourselves.

    submitted by /u/Stealthrider
    [link] [comments]

    I decided to invest in my hideout this time. It turns out that the stonks do pay off! (First time drawing something)

    Posted: 14 May 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    Permanent Vaal Storm Call build Showcase - Crouching_Tuna

    Posted: 14 May 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    POV - you found the biggest boobs on vraeclast.

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:11 AM PDT

    [Fan Art Competition] The Allflame

    Posted: 14 May 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    let's change the instance will ya?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 12:30 AM PDT

    Exile Surfing

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    Greetings fellow Exiles,

    it's my first time posting here although I've been an Exile since 2013.

    I found myself inspired by Raizqt's recent adventures and wanted to highlight a particular moment in Wraeclasts history. The emerging of the first Exile master surfer. It is my great joy to give You "Exile surfing".

    Its been a blast working on it and I hope You like it :)

    Stay safe and see You in Wraeclast :D

    submitted by /u/No_Study_7116
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to say thanks to GGG for Trialmaster encounter being RNG based

    Posted: 13 May 2021 08:24 PM PDT

    I would absolutely hate to ever encounter the Trialmaster. Everytime I have a wave-9 Ultimatum I am sorely, on-my-knees-prostrating, hoping that it ends. I've spawned a ilvl 83 Catarina 3 times so far this league, and even encountering her once was sickening. This isn't how the game was meant to be played. Trialmaster's 2% per T14+ map RNG is how this game was meant to be played. I should never encounter the Trialmaster. GGG knows best about how the game is played and I trust them to continue to make this RNG based encounter fun.

    I thank you GGG for not allowing me to experience half of this league's content. Ultimatums are a large amount of content. If I were forced to encounter the Trialmaster, I am not sure what I would do. The Trialmaster is way too much content, I would not be able to handle it.

    Thank you. /s

    submitted by /u/deafgamer_
    [link] [comments]

    (STD) My SSF ring from Ritual

    Posted: 14 May 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    Writhing Jars + Impaler + Great Old One's Tentacles

    Posted: 14 May 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    Grimro’s PoE Speed Olympics

    Posted: 14 May 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    I think I made a PoB shield?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 03:35 AM PDT

    Dodge Chest for my LS Raider

    Posted: 14 May 2021 03:36 AM PDT

    Loot from 30 Simulacrum's (No Fluff)

    Posted: 14 May 2021 04:14 AM PDT

    Alva, the remix

    Posted: 14 May 2021 03:45 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel