• Breaking News

    Monday, May 17, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 17, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 17, 2021


    Questions Thread - May 17, 2021

    Posted: 16 May 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I might be a bit bored...

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    LifeHackForGGG! Don't tell me thnx!

    Posted: 16 May 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    Actually, You can search own Delirious Maps.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    Feel like this has already been said but after death effects on bosses suck.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 01:13 AM PDT

    I've done well over 600+ maps this league and I still consider myself pretty casual with the way I play. I finally spawned a trial master in a t-16 delirious map and obliterated him only to find myself getting one shot by an after death attack. In fights like Elder I can understand after death mechanics, e.g. Zana telling you, if you don't stand here you will explode in a very obvious and telegraphed way. I feel this is both fair and obvious.

    In this particular circumstance I feel cheated. I did not see or understand the mechanic that killed me and was denied all loot from an incredibly rare to begin with fight. I feel like I'm losing touch with the direction GGG is continuously moving the game in. I really feel you should sit down and play your own product to understand the frustrations some of these mechanics leave players feeling.

    You should not feel punished for succeeding.

    submitted by /u/Xeophrix
    [link] [comments]

    3D Printed Starforge | 60cm × 10cm × 5cm (23" × 4" × 2")

    Posted: 17 May 2021 04:49 AM PDT

    Reverse knockback totems in Ultimatum

    Posted: 17 May 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    The best weapon I made this league

    Posted: 17 May 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    Lvl 100, 36 challenges - My thoughts on POE

    Posted: 17 May 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    Recently, there has been a lot of sh*tstorm regarding the current state of POE. There has also been a few posts made by people who claimed that they are a veteran etc, but in reality, they are not. So I thought to make this post as it seems that people here would like to hear from people like me.

    To start off, here is my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DanielQ

    I see myself as a casual player, even though people have told me I am not. I have a full time job and a family and am only able to squeeze in 2 - 4 hours a day. To hit lvl 100, I save up my currency and paid for 5 way legion runs. Currency is not a focus for me, I farm and buy whatever I can enroute to completing 36 challenges and reaching level 100.

    Trade: I can only play a few hours a day, this includes trading. Your items can only sell when you are online. This is a very understated fact. Because of this, I tend to price my items way cheaper so I can sell them within a few hours or the next day. The trade system is not perfect and I really hate alt-tab to another window. My suggestion would be to implement an auction house system for 1 league as an experiment and see how it goes. I know it is controversial but trade only rewards those players who can be online for long periods of time (whether it is through a bot or just having the game client open).

    Maps not dropping: I don't really understood this. Yes, it was hard getting the right maps to drop when you are progressing the atlas, but once you have enough completed bonus objectives, then it is easy. I have done alch + zana mods and I have enough maps to sustain.

    Gameplay: With the current bosses and league mechanics, the best way to clear them is by running around in circles. This means minions, cyclone, brands, totems etc are the best way to play the game. Do you like double strike? Too bad. Even a strong skill like Divine Ire or crackling lance is disadvantaged by the fact that you have to stop, shoot and move. There need to be better advantages for skills that require you to stop and attack/cast.

    Harvest: Everybody's favourite topic. I see the nerfs as a negative, unfortunately. Yes, there are still some ways to craft deterministically, but these are for the players who are very rich. For example, you have to craft metamods which are 1 - 2ex several times. So the change don't really affect the top end players but it affects the rest, unfortunately.

    Honestly, I miss the days of harvest and even the old days of alteration spam to get 1 mod and then craft multimods and be done. Due to harvest nerfs, I rather play a character that relies more on uniques and for rares to be just life + resists. Every item that I'm wearing now (except the belt) is through trade, which kind of diminish the sentimental value of the items.

    This league, I would search in trade whenever I want to upgrade my character. I don't really like this aspect of it. Don't really understand why we are not allowed to progress our characters on our own.

    Lastly, the number of strong builds has really diminished due to harvest nerf. I know Mathil and other streamers say that you are still able to complete the game without harvest and they are right. However, the power level of non-meta builds really lags a lot and you are just gimping yourself at some point.

    Lack of end game: Everybody have different interpretations of what is the ideal end game. Some like to farm till they have a mirror while some get 36 challenges and quit. For me, I set myself 3 goals: 36 challenges, level 100 and min max gear to my satisfaction. Currently min maxing of gear is not possible so I'm sad about that. If you see my profile, you can see that I played the longest in harvest.

    Texture streaming: IMO, this should be the number 1 priority on GGG's list right now. It gives the game a bad name for someone who is just starting. Remember, first impression counts.

    I debated writing this post as the reddit has been quite toxic lately. I love the game a lot and one of the reasons why I started playing this game was the wholesome and friendly community when I first joined in legacy league.

    Constructive criticism is fair, but let's not lower ourselves to abuse. We can do better. Provide constructive feedback and trust that GGG will do the right thing.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/babyboo8
    [link] [comments]

    Doom Wind, Assassin Bow

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    [USC] Corruption Branch | Eventuality Rod

    Posted: 16 May 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    My first Crafting Project - Had no one to share with :)

    Posted: 17 May 2021 02:49 AM PDT

    Trying to quit the league via Watchers Eye ID'ing then this

    Posted: 16 May 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    The spoils from a currency node at 260 depth. What am I buying bois?

    Posted: 16 May 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    SUP, BRO? I just killed omnivore god Kitava and on my way to conquer all the worlds of the Atlas.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    Minor QOL improvement reminding the elder-ly to take their map rewards :-)

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:46 AM PDT

    Minor QOL improvement reminding the elder-ly to take their map rewards :-)

    Hi Exile,

    Grandpa exile here! I am getting old and my memory is not what it used to be. The memory game for Maven is a challenge for me (but let s get back to the subject )

    Often more than not, I ran a map and forget to check the ritual rewards, kill the metamorph, run the zana map, etc...

    In my opinion, it would be great to have visual reminder in the hideout about the league mechanic encountered during the map AND with which you have at least interacted once while running the map.

    The proposal below is illustrating what I am suggesting but obviously not a proper UI implementation or a final solution.

    https://preview.redd.it/8vlepsql5qz61.png?width=964&format=png&auto=webp&s=504adb6bf2af5a0d348573a3d0441c91811932d8

    For example:

    - If I killed at least one meta mobs AND did not take the final meta boss for the rewards, the icon on top of the portal in the hideout is displayed.

    - If I talked to zana in the map AND did not use any of her portal, a zana icon on top of the portal in the hideout is displayed with the number of remaining portals.

    - If I did at least one ritual, the ritual icon on top of the portal in the hideout is displayed with the remaining ritual favor.

    Same could apply legion, abyss, bestiary, sulphite, harvest, etc... even if I rarely forgot those one (at least not my case).

    If I am the only one forgetting rewards, forget this post :-)

    Note: I am not here to complain. Forgetting reward is my own fault. I will still love the game even if that stays as is, but wanted to share with the community my minor memory loss and make a suggestion. Obviously not a priority at all, but it would be nice to not forget the reward I fought during the map.

    submitted by /u/shadowwalkergb57
    [link] [comments]

    risky mirror

    Posted: 16 May 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    Trialmaster finally spawned after a few days of not seeing him on a9 163/164 a9 atlas. Really feeling the weight of my reward

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    Trialmaster decided to be a bro today

    Posted: 16 May 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    Took everything from me to complete but damn it looks awesome !

    Posted: 17 May 2021 06:28 AM PDT

    GGG Please dont forget job speed still doesn't work on half of the rogues

    Posted: 16 May 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    As of right now job speed does NOT affect:

    Brute Force

    Deception

    Agility

    50% Demolition

    I know that most people here consider Heist to be completely dead but I really want to be able to enjoy it and all it should take is to have these particular heists to be about twice as fast, which would be possible if job speed affected them at all.

    We don't have Wind Damage on items, why should we have Deception speed if it's equally useless?

    Aditionally, Tibbs' AI still fails to find doors if you press the task button from a certain distance, forcing you to walk far enough to reset it and demolition still attempts to explode barrel which had already exploded in multiple chest rooms

    submitted by /u/Nightmare97
    [link] [comments]

    This bug has been around for ages? Still no fix?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 02:17 AM PDT

    I may never recover

    Posted: 16 May 2021 05:48 PM PDT

    My wife (who dosent play) was doing work stuff watching me play for a bit...i attempted my first Sirus (and lost), since all my xp was gone good time to try t16 ultimatum (I died)...she looks at me and says "AS MUCH AS YOU PLAY THAT GAME YOU SURE DO SUCK AT IT...damn now im having an existential crisis. Have I wasted 950 hours of my life? Think im gonna go run some t10s and think about my life choices

    submitted by /u/kevekev302
    [link] [comments]

    why do i get ignored so often this league?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    it happens so often this league, that someone send me a trade offer, i respond with the standart poe companion text that im currently busy and when i try to invite the person im on ignore. this never happend in any league before but many many times this league. and most of the times i dont even let them wait to long just one or two minutes.

    can anyone tell me the reason? do they thing im a bot because of my autmatic respond? do they just trade any person and anyone who dont invitet them instantly gets ignored? i dont get it...

    here is a little example:

    https://i.imgur.com/RJBDJlK.png

    submitted by /u/Xkrytr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel