• Breaking News

    Monday, May 31, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 31, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 31, 2021


    Questions Thread - May 31, 2021

    Posted: 30 May 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I needed to see how well it fit

    Posted: 31 May 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    Alva and the temple

    Posted: 31 May 2021 05:47 AM PDT

    I dont understand why POE does not have a better trading system?!?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    I am kind of a new player so I am sorry if this subject has been broached before, but from the little time I have played, I have noticed two things about trading:

    1. Its it completely crucial to be able to play most builds (unless SSF)
    2. The current system is horrible and a complete turn off.

    I am sure GGG has their reasons for not implementing an AH, but I cant really understand what they are because we already have an auction house type workaround with trade macros etc, its just really really bad in its current state and could be a lot better if the developers just wanted it.

    One of the reasons I can think of is that auction houses "removes the social aspect of the game"...but who is social when trading? For me, trading looks like this

    1. Look up item on trade website.
    2. Copy/paste in-game whisper
    3. Wait for party invite
    4. Go to hideout, accept trade.
    5. t4t

    How is this a social aspect? The only thing it does is add the frustration of buyers that encounter AFK sellers, or sellers running maps/delving/labs/etc and get a whisper for someone who finally wants to buy that item you've had on your sales tab for a month but have to cancel whatever they are doing to sell it.

    Another reason is "price manipulation"....but thats already happening. An AH wont make it better, but it probably wont make it worse either.

    I feel like GGG sometimes dont understand that when people play POE, they actually WANT TO PLAY POE. They dont want to alt+tab between wikis/reddit/trade/ninja/pob, they just want to play the game.

    We love the game, why cant we just get to play it without having to deal with all the hassle because of some obscure principles?

    Sorry for the rant guys!

    submitted by /u/CompoteDizzy
    [link] [comments]

    I just need to vent

    Posted: 31 May 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    I have literally no one I can talk to about this so yeah, I've spent 61 exalts crafting this abomination and I can't stand it any more. Every exalt spent was in vain. Crafting in this game is a nightmare. I missed two 70% chances in a row to finish the prefixes and reach a safe point but I missed both, even though I simulate the whole thing easily on Craft of Exile. This isn't fun, this is legitimately painful. I've taken breaks and come back to it after a few days, but it's the same thing. Grind, spend, fail, repeat.

    I'm out for now.

    submitted by /u/Assume_This
    [link] [comments]

    Me and the boys playing poe

    Posted: 30 May 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    I should never have started juicing maps

    Posted: 31 May 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    I have been playing poe since essence league. Always the same procedure: 1 week pob - patch notes - 5 mins pob - let's go! Achieved more or less my self-set goals (depending on content in 1-2 months).

    This league a friend joined me + my league starter worked out quite well. 1 week ago we gave it a try and startet to juice our maps as much as possible (watched youtube vids, bought perfect watchstones for valdo's rest - invested in chiseling for nemesis and and.. you know this tedious drill).

    Of course it worked out and exalts are dropping like candy since.

    BUT now i can't enjoy casual - after work - map running anymore. Every map feels empty and i have no feeling of accomplishing anything anymore. So i quit the league today and i am left behind with many questions.

    One of them:

    Why do i have to spend 1 hour+ of tedious preparations to set up 4(!) map-runs, where i spend 90% of my time clicking single basic currencies (loot filer on uberstrict) AND why does "alc and go" now feels like i am wasting my time?

    But perhaps i am just burned out

    ¯_(ツ)_/¯

    submitted by /u/LanzeLoot
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got my first ultimatum boss fight :) but I'm bad :(

    Posted: 31 May 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    My best craft yet! Double elevated Flicker Strike gloves

    Posted: 31 May 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    Minions and change proposals: A rant.

    Posted: 31 May 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    I am once again gonna write a wall of text about minion-related stuff and propose some changes, feel free to share your thoughts too!

    • Summon Skeletons: with addition of Phantasmal Summon Skeletons (Skellie Archers) and Skeleton Mages from Dead Reckoning - I think it's time to split the gem into three different gems for every type of skeletons. Such move would allow proper balancing of each gem and it's added damage multiplier separately, without accidentally nuking others.
    1. Skeletal Warriors: could use an upgrade of their AI and movement speed, perhaps allow them to shield charge to match the clearing capabilities of other minions, because Feeding Frenzy's Dash doesn't work very well.
    2. Skeletal Mages: change it into a white gem, the element type of mage that is summoned is defined by the color of the socket the gem is in (red for fire, green for cold, blue for lightning), after all - minion skills are scaled by investing into ONE elemental type.
    3. Skeletal Archers: as far as I know - Vicious Projectiles still cannot support the skill, another reason to split the gem into three different skellie types.
    • Raise Zombie: I don't even know what must be done to bring them back into endgame, buff their Slam damage and it's cooldown recovery/aoe? The only viable build I've know (STR stacking) was gutted by nerfs. Zombies seem to be relegated to support minions that trigger Elemental Army and Feeding Frenzy.
    • Summon Raging Spirits: requires some quality of life buffs, because there's no other minion in this game that - costs so much mana to cast, lasts for extremely short period of time, requires minion movement speed investment, requires you to sacrifice a gem link for Spell Echo/Unleash. A tweak akin to "Summon Skeletons" would be perfect, where you summon 4 minions per cast, but a shorter base cast time of 0.25 or 0.35 instead of 0.5 and a reduction to mana cost would work too.
    1. Unique jewel idea - "Raging Dead": literally make SRS into Raging Dead III modifier from Ultimatum, maybe as a threhold jewel of 40 int in radius. Something like: 50% less maximum Raging Spirits allowed, 25% less Raging Spirits movement speed, 50% more Raging Spirit area of effect, 80% more Raging Spirits damage. Grant them the flame breathing ability on a 2 or 3 second cooldown, but with physical base and conversion capabilities akin to Wave of Conviction.
    • Raise Spectre: "By the muscular golden arse of Innocence!" - stop busting support spectres by the flat nerf to the level of raised spectres! If you want to nerf the damage spectres - go ahead and nerf the monster's spectre version stats, stop carpet bombing everything spectre-related! Carnage Chieftains are already weaker than a one ply toilet paper!
    • Animate Guardian: can we please have that "bug" where AG didn't lose it's gear on death? Why does one of our minions plays on Hardcore? Honestly, If I wanted to be salty and tilted by death and equipment loss - I'd go play Hardcore. It's not fun losing your investments because of minion's AI.

    I would say something about Animate Weapon, since if I understand correctly - it's been pretty much forgotten, but I have never played it and don't know enough to give a comment on it's case. Sorry.

    submitted by /u/Andrey-d
    [link] [comments]

    I hope the poe is healthier :)

    Posted: 31 May 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    Merveil, the Siren

    Posted: 31 May 2021 12:53 AM PDT

    This world is an illusion, Exile...

    Posted: 31 May 2021 06:25 AM PDT

    Put Heist and Horticrafting station in default HO decos.

    Posted: 31 May 2021 03:46 AM PDT

    Usually before burning out of a league, I pick some newbie from global, throw my leftover stuff on them and teaching them the game til I get bored with it.

    If you are a new player you face seemlessly unlimited information and content to process. Usually you spend your first dollars on stash tabs. 90% of the new people I picked up didn't found Horti station in decos, and that's the easy one, 100%didnt know there is a Heist stash deco.

    I think it would help new ppl to implement these in the default HO decos since GGG decided they are not for real money, and hiding them seems like a baiting for uneccesary tab purchases. It leaves a bad taste in the mouth if you are new and like the Heist content and you choose another premium tab instead of map or currency tab as my new friend did some days before we met,just to store contracts.

    submitted by /u/adpsy
    [link] [comments]

    Hit +2 Arrows and T2 Cold in 5 Alts

    Posted: 31 May 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    "Map boss clones created by The Maven no longer persist after the map boss dies."

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    I am so over making mules or swapping characters to buy gems, can we make this work like Scion? Unlock all gems on vendor for vet players?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    I fully expect to get downvoted by some purist who wants to protect the time honored "exciting tradition of muling" a gem in racing, but I am so beyond tired of needing to swap to my mapping character to buy basic low level gems for a new re-roll from lily. I'd really love to see GGG allow all level appropriate gems to be purchased by any class of character.

    I don't think this is a big ask, if they're worried about new players being flooded by gem choices they can lock it behind completion like they do for Scion. I think they can protect the "racing tradition" by just making it an "unlock" that happens once you've gotten your 3rd lab done on your first character per league, if you want to be "SUPER TRY HARD, HARD ASS, EVERYTHING MUST REMAIN PAINFUL BECAUSE OF WEIGHT" guy then Uber lab completion? Whatever I don't know why GGG thinks its fun to character swap routinely to buy gems.

    I also get that someone is going to tell me "lel just ignore the game until you level to act 6 (or library) in 30 minutes like I do, git gud scrub" sorry if I actually LIKE to progress using the skills and build (where I can) that has me interested enough to play the game. I'm in the Mathil school of leveling, I want to use the skill/build I am trying to do from the earliest opportunity, then I can actually gasp enjoy the process instead of feeling like I'm doing chores until i can play the game.

    Signed: someone who seems to only theory craft builds that use gems they can't naturally get without swapping characters or making a mule.

    PS: while I'm throwing this out into the universe: how about we also revisit the mistake of Threshold jewels and put them on a vendor like GGG originally intended instead of making 15% of the least usable ones available as a quest reward. Most of them are literally the only way anyone would ever use those skills having pre-requisites be rare lottery rewards (in a pool thats overflooded with other crappy jewels) is not a fun and rewarding system.

    submitted by /u/Science-stick
    [link] [comments]

    I am once again making a practice league for the Gauntlet and you are welcome to join

    Posted: 31 May 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    As is tradition, practice league for Gauntlet. Same mods, softcore. Did an oopsie when creating the league and left it trade - so no cheating :p (have emailed support to see if its possible to have it changed)

    I funded the 10 days and 10 spots, will keep opening 10 spots at a time for crowdfund if it fills up.

    Good luck out there!

    join here

    Edit: thanks for awards but I'd rather you spend it on contributing 5 points so more people can practice

    League is now full, I funded another 30 points for 10 more spots, need 30 more.

    Will be up for a couple hours adding spots for crowdfund. Thanks to everyone who contributes!

    If you want to contribute more than 10 spots or have questions message me on discord OneRobotBoii#6240

    Poe community racing discord has a channel with more practice leagues

    Going to bed now, will be back tomorrow. Spots are still open for funding.

    submitted by /u/JourneyToJah
    [link] [comments]

    [SSFHC] Maven Kill (ethical) - Fire Burst Elementalist

    Posted: 31 May 2021 06:10 AM PDT

    Unplayable after 3.14.1d

    Posted: 31 May 2021 01:53 PM PDT

    I admit that I have a relatively low-end system (gtx 1060) but until the last week's patch I was able to run 100% delirious wihout any issues on Vulkan, lowest settings, sounds disabled.

    After the 3.14.1d patch now it freezes constantly, even when moving from my stash to the map device in my hideout. Zones load in over 30 seconds on an M.2 NVMe ssd, and I freezes for a second everytime I encounter a new monster pack.

    Can't even do these if I don't clear cache every 5 minutes (stops responding after that) and tried the 32 bit launcher, 64 bit launcher and running with --waitforpreload.

    To see my favorite game which I spent well over 4k hours and hundreads of dollars like that just upsets me.

    submitted by /u/ExclusiveBFS
    [link] [comments]

    [Fluff] Conflicts of r/pathofexile

    Posted: 30 May 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    Havoc Team Blast 2 Wrap-Up, VoDs and Standings

    Posted: 30 May 2021 07:24 PM PDT

    Havoc Team Blast 2 Wrap-Up, VoDs and Standings

    Hey, everyone!

    The Havoc Team Blast 2 wrapped up this past weekend, and I'm posting on behalf of Havoc to wrap up the event and provide you with some links! Before we get started, I want to take a quick moment to thank Rex, Faderon, Pertinax, Xayazi, SK_Gunoo and Nerfox for their help in making this event possible!

    If you enjoyed this event please be sure to support Havoc: Twitch Twitter Youtube

    About the Event

    The Havoc Team Blast 2 event encompassed two days split into four six-hour sessions. Each team, containing two to six players, systematically had to defeat different bosses, invitations, breachstones and other forms of progression/completion to tally up points for their team. All in all, it was a very exciting event and really came down to final moments.

    Final Standings - Havoc's Official Tweet Here

    Congratulations to The Wide Peepos, WICKED and This is Too slow!

    To see the full standings, you can go to PoE-Racing!
    To see the full event information, you can see it here!

    Catching Up on the Race

    RaizQT was the caster for this event! VoDs are here:

    Thank you for supporting PoE racing! Hope you enjoyed the event! Have fun in the Gauntlet!
    <3BK

    submitted by /u/brittleknee
    [link] [comments]

    Texture streaming is getting out of hand GGG

    Posted: 30 May 2021 03:55 AM PDT

    5 bricks later...

    Posted: 30 May 2021 02:21 PM PDT

    Build Giveaway: Vortex Occultist / Int Stacker Wand / Raw Currency

    Posted: 31 May 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    Hey community,

    I have a ton of stuff coming up in my life, so I gotta quit for this league and want to let one of you awesome folks have fun with what I collected so far.

    Ive got a fully fleshed out Vortex Occultist (100+EX) that I can give away. Here is the PoB https://pastebin.com/U5ybpKYC

    I have also invested 80 EX into an Int Stacker Wand (needs aishling T4 veil to finish it), but nothing else ( Essence lightning dam, Lightning per int, T2 Attack speed, 4%elemental pen) (it is probably worth a lot less than the 80 I put in, maybe 40?)

    And I got raw currency (30-40 EX)

    As per usual: Just comment what you want "BUILD" "WAND" "CURRENCY". I honestly dont care about the why, so you can keep it short :)

    To make sure this does not take tooo long, I will only have this run ~4 hours, starting now (ends at 19:00 CET) - hoping this post does not take away reddit space for too long. I will randomly select from the thread, please dont DM me =D

    UPDATE:

    I drew winners:

    /u/Ixeth for currency

    /u/Bauque for the wand

    /u/newborne for the build

    I also messaged: /u/Roarbomb, /u/fawless99 and /u/FussyBirdTV to hand over tradeable stuff (fossils, essences, fragments worth around 10 ex each), since their posts seemed like they can need it.

    I am hoping I can hand over everything tonight, if I fail - I might draw second trys tomorrow.

    submitted by /u/Viruuus1
    [link] [comments]

    Ziz x Shopify Ember Class Gauntlet Announcement

    Posted: 30 May 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel