• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 29, 2021

    Path of Exile Builds [ESC] My level 91 Explosive Concoction Pathfinder build review. Don't recommend building the new skill this way.

    Path of Exile Builds [ESC] My level 91 Explosive Concoction Pathfinder build review. Don't recommend building the new skill this way.


    [ESC] My level 91 Explosive Concoction Pathfinder build review. Don't recommend building the new skill this way.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:46 PM PDT

    POB : https://pastebin.com/R6tyH7hk

    https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Omnomonopoly/PotNom

    TL;DR - I don't like the skill the way "I" have built it, which is straightforward crit based hits with ele pen. 76%+ crit, 439% multi, 162k dps per proj (Shaper/guardian). 5 Proj with gmp.

    After a few days of playing the skill from ACT 3 onwards and making it to T14 maps, I'm giving up on the character. These are some takeaways:

    • Hit based clear is poor. Unbuffed herald of ice isn't enough to help. Recommend: Inpulsa, ignite prolife, 7+ proj, giga-AoE investment, or a mix of all them
    • Single target was inconsistent, then it just feels bad. AL2 no mod lvl81 Veritania was the slowest I've ever fought her. All Drox's felt awful. Even on map bosses where I can stand still and facetank with vaal grace up (9.54s duration) just focusing on dps, it's lacking.

      Other people seem to note success with projectile stacking 7+ proj with gems and off hand stat sticks.

    • Flask sustain was fine with the amount of tree investment and +flat charges rolled on my flasks. Boss fights/phases longer than 2 minutes with no mobs/refills is where you can get into trouble.

    • Shield charge for fortify didn't feel smooth for either getting fortify or moving around. (Relied on the cull support a lot. tree has curse cull for 3 points). You bump into everything and the attack speed is too slow to get you out of trouble. However, on very open paths and areas, it can feel ok for movement. Seems worth it to drop my quartz for a quicksilver for the mobility and forget shields.

    • Defences overall felt lacking for modern play (also the lack of the good offense). Rolled over temp chains, reflect, unlucky dodge. I avoid league mechanic mods "always hit, monsters block/dodge". (If your slow AF skill gets avoided/blocked, it's soul crushing). Life flask felt powerful though and had noticeably high uptime.

      I've died 88 times. (That's more than my last 4 characters combined.) Some of that was doing dumb stuff like rituals with ghost matyrs and rippy maps just to build my red map pool. I think 90-91 had 3 deaths running T10-13s.

    Self found/crafted most things, but build investment/cost at this stage in the league is around 3ex, most of that tied up in the shroud and the corrupted tombfists. Most of it will definitely be cheaper in the coming days and you'll be able to get similar power for 1ex or less.

    I had initially planned to fall back on ele hit if I didn't like the skill and frostferno didn't work, but I found a shroud of the lightless on day 2 and figured I was given one the better tools to use with the new skill. I took it as far as I felt comfortable before making my conclusions on it, that included playing with high level gems, max ascendancy, decent level passive tree, and non-filler gear.

    Potential upgrades:

    • I had planned around Viridi's Veil for curse immunity, but it's expensive and will be for a while. So, both rings could be upgraded. Tamings or big opal rings with 70%+ dmg each. Ass mark for QoL and power charges during mapping.
    • My amulet could have more multi, global crit chance, +1 dex gems, divine judgement annoint
    • Belt can have all sorts of flask goodies. Upwards 100%+ damage with WED and influence mods.
    • Tailwind + elusive + onslaught boots. (casual upgrade /s)
    • +1 proj corrupted Ewar's Mirage
    • % attack speed abyss jewels
    • % dmg while leeching large cluster
    • % proj dmg medium clusters (around 20% more dmg per cluster)
    • petrified blood + strength of blood to cover defenses

    I'm pessimistic and done with the build because even if I triple my hit damage and get 7 projectiles. Assuming everything shotguns and I have a good dps window, let's say I have 3mil+ softcore dps under unrealistic conditions. I think that number might be enough to ignore the other slow and clunky parts of the skill with damage that high. But it's not and I don't think I can get it there.

    If you can manage to get those numbers and get even more projectiles and area of effect, then I think you have a serious build, but I see the limits of the way I've built the skill and now I'm looking to completely respec into a different skill. Hopefully this post saves some people some time when playing around with the skill and ideas on how to build it.

    submitted by /u/Omnomonopoly
    [link] [comments]

    Cool way to get Ailment Immunity that GGG may have overlooked

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    Militant Faith still has the notable override "Immune to Elemental Ailments while on Consecrated Ground if you have at least 150 Devotion".

    There are a few ways to take advantage of this:

    • Inquisitor
    • Either the Zealotry Watchers Eye that makes Consecrated Ground effects linger for 2 seconds, or the Scion Inquisitor notable for 4s linger, combined with the Crusader Prefix on body armour that gives Consecrated Ground around you while Stationary. Elevated Consecrated Ground mod also gives 1s linger which may be reliable enough as well.
    • Consecrated Path/Purifying Flame maybe with a linger mechanic if needed
    submitted by /u/PracticallyJesus
    [link] [comments]

    [PSA] Remember to check the level of your arcane surge after the mana cost changes

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    My curse now only costs 72 mana, but my arcane surge activates when 80 mana is spent at its current level. (Crossposted from the main sub)

    submitted by /u/IcySpectre
    [link] [comments]

    Boneshatter+Battlemage enters endgame (more details on comments)

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 10:40 PM PDT

    Newer player here

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 10:48 PM PDT

    I started a couple weeks before Ultimatum ended and have put in just over 200 hours since and I love this game!

    This league I started an elemental inquisitor as my first and it was ok. Got up to 71 and its just not doing it for me.

    Im up to 45 on an Ice Crash Hollow Palm Slayer and I AM LOVING IT. Zooming around facetanking everything while my crash blows up the screen. Really going to try and make this one end game viable but its probably my favorite character up there with my standard league flame wall spellslinger occultist!

    Cheers from a new player!

    BTW Lunaris temple level 2 is the most frustrating area of the entire game :)

    submitted by /u/Skate0700
    [link] [comments]

    So how is Reaper, Absolution and Blade trap after buffs ?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    [concept] boneshatter lvl 1 + max atk speed

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 01:56 AM PDT

    So i'm curently playing a bonshatter jugg, nothing particular. But it got me thinking a lot about the ways of scaling the skill.

    My last thought is : at lvl 1, you only take 6 phys dmg per trauma, each time you gain a trauma charge, you also get 2% more dmg per trauma charge. Let's say you can get up to 10 aps without multistrike (as multistrike only gives you 1 trauma every 3 hits at best). That would be a whoping 60 trauma charges, for a ridiculus 360 flat phys to mitigate. Still 3600/s given your attack speed but decent amounts of armor should actually allow you to completely ignore this 360 flat hit for the most part.

    So now we'd be playing with a 120% more dmg skill with a still decent damage effectiveness of 200%. That looks kinda juicy imho. That's be like putting a better paradoxica in the gem and still being able to have the choice of weapon.

    The real question is how to get such attack speed without multistrike, and where to get base damage from ?

    The secondary question, assuming the build goes dual wield (which i think is mandatory) is, will we stun hard enough to still get a decent clearing AOE ?

    What are your thoughts about that ?

    My first idea would be an obvious raider with dual wield siege axes.

    Edit : dual wield glad with challenger charges would be a very decent contender for attack speed, and easier access to defences, synergy with armour, etc.

    u/ggg unnarmed boneshatter when ? :) :)

    submitted by /u/Gabocius
    [link] [comments]

    You can scale Reaper bleed DPS pretty high now

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:49 AM PDT

    PoB: https://pastebin.com/kdGKVDMG (note that I added stuff that doesn't work in PoB to the bow)

    While watching Ventrua stream Reaper I was theorycrafting a bit. If you go for a +1/+2 support gems bow with an essence of fear on Reaper you get to pretty good bleed DPS. In my PoB with endgame gear it's about 5.5M bleed dps. Without awakened gems and when dropping the entire cluster setup it's still almost 4M bleed DPS. You can probably scale it even higher if you go for more SC strats.

    I think scaling Reaper with bow could be really good because you can use Ensnaring Arrow for the bleed. The only thing that I haven't fully solved yet is the fact that it only has 60% chance to bleed, which is not great(but still manageable if you have a second Reaper setup with Second Wind).

    submitted by /u/xaitv
    [link] [comments]

    Some thoughts on the new defensive stat: Ward

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    I find it very good as another defensive layer, currently having 600 ward and using Elixier of the Unbroken Circle with "Used when you take a savage hit".

    So whenever a big hit comes in, 600 ward gets depleted and immediately I get another 800 refreshed ward on top of it (as well as free endurance charges due to the unique flask mod and instant heal if you already have some).

    Imo this is incredibly powerful for characters who do not stack any traditional Defense like ES/Armor/Evasion and its' pretty easy to set up.

    As long as you kill mobs and your flask is recharging, you're protected for around 600 (initial) and 800 (successive) extra EHP against big hits (with my current setup), which can totally happen several times in a small time frame.

    Given that you don't need any passive tree investment and just a couple of the new Ward base types with decent stats + an Iron Flask (Unique or normal), those are pretty good numbers.

    Downside: It doesn't really do anything against a lot of small hits and nothing against degen, but that's where your other defences (block/dodge), flasks, tons of reg/leech or whatever come in.

    I think it might be a bit slept on atm, what are your thoughts on it? Did you find any other good interactions?

    Edit:

    Here's a frame-by-frame showcase of what happens, see the Flask in the middle and how the Ward behaves relative to it during/after I get a savage hit.

    The ward depletes, the flask triggers, and the ward refreshes, all happens in the exact same frame.

    Edit2:

    There are other unique flasks which synergize with ward. E.g. if you use Olroth's Resolve Iron Flask your ward doesn't break at all, which means you receive -(Ward x 0.3) damage over the full duration. If you have a lot of ward, you're basically immune to most average damage sources.

    submitted by /u/Eui472
    [link] [comments]

    PSA for Pathfinders: Don't be tempted by the 'Master Alchemist' node for pseudo ailment immunity - it's a terrible solution

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    You may have seen people mentioning this in comments, but I thought it deserved its own post.

    The Master Alchemist node was nerfed in 3.15 to no-longer grant Ailment Immunity while flasks are in effect. Now, it will simply remove ailments when you use a flask. For example, this means that you will remove an instance of shock when you use a flask, which will then be instantly reapplied by shocking ground if you are still on it.

    Ranger's proximity to Crystal Skin and Thick Skin wheels can give you 50% ailment avoidance and 24% 20% ailment avoidance, respectively. Coupling these wheels with a single ailment avoidance mod, Arctic Armour, or anointing something like Arcane Swiftness to be 100% elemental ailment immune is significantly better. Nearly any of the other ascendancy options are superior. EDIT: had some numbers wrong, my bad!

    submitted by /u/ThePhilosoWhisper
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to play SSF this league, possibly Raider Spectral Helix. Any good PoBs and anything I should be target farming for?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 12:17 AM PDT

    I briefly saw Nugi playing Raider Spectral Helix and thought it looked cool, I could just copy his but figured I may as well ask here too, I will be playing softcore too. Usually I check poeninja as well and pull different parts I like from different builds

    submitted by /u/AmbivalentX
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Something To Spam Heists

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 02:50 PM PDT

    Hey there,

    I've been lurking quite a bit but I'm at a loss to find a build that specializes in heist. The closest I ever got was during Ritual I had an aura stacking carrion golem necro and nothing in heists or blueprints could touch me. That is currently my fallback plan but I was wondering if anyone could suggest a build or two which didn't really focus on damage but could speed through contracts and blueprints for the sake or the end rewards.

    I've seen several recommendations to use Caustic/Toxic Rain but usually that comes with the clause "it's squishy". I don't wish to die and lose replica items and I'm sure I could build a max block gladiator to solve that but the issue comes with moving a tanky character like that slowly through them. I suppose it would help if I knew some heist streamers but sadly the content doesn't seem very popular. I may be part of the small minority that actually likes heist lol.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/weveran
    [link] [comments]

    Your hipster builds for this patch. Give them to me!

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:08 PM PDT

    Am a new player, probably won't get to the end game due to time constraints. On a related note, anyone using Firestorm with success?

    submitted by /u/Tamachameleon
    [link] [comments]

    Vengeance and Bone shatter do they interact with each other?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 06:12 PM PDT

    Saw someone from poeninja running 2 six link set up one for bone shatter and 2nd for vengeance, does the self damage of bone shatter actually proc the vengeance?

    submitted by /u/Tyrfying
    [link] [comments]

    [CONSOLE] What builds are you guys planning to do for 3.15?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Just out of curiosity, actually looking for an inspiration, I was thinking going zombies again, but I'm not sure if the minion nerfs will make it viable in this league.

    submitted by /u/garytylerfox
    [link] [comments]

    PogRog Item

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    PogRog Item

    Just made this 5 T1 Mod Crit Ammy from Rog with an open Prefix. It's so early in the league that there's not much like it. Can I make it better? What would I price this at?

    https://preview.redd.it/wel20e4so4e71.png?width=244&format=png&auto=webp&s=58cc9d19c1e474607b3020cd32b9986eb04e1094

    submitted by /u/HappyFacey
    [link] [comments]

    any idea for Oni-Goroshi ?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 03:15 AM PDT

    i'm bored from league so i need to do something to keep me from droping this game so i farm Oni-Goroshi

    submitted by /u/jozasa147
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a tanky build

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 11:23 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Looking for a tanky build. Not talking about ability to tank Shaper's Beam, that's easy. I mean surviving rare packs with auras, bloodline mods, harvest guys etc.

    submitted by /u/neltisen
    [link] [comments]

    Behead support + Dominating blow

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    Working together, or not? Planning to start new character.

    submitted by /u/Synth-a-holic
    [link] [comments]

    Using non-Saboteur ascendencies for traps

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    Does anyone have any good examples? I recall that some players preferred Occultist over Saboteur for Poison Bladefall traps. Since the buff to Seismic Trap, I've been thinking about playing a thumper build, but I find it hard to justify any other ascendency besides Saboteur.

    Meme ideas welcome.

    submitted by /u/blaugrey
    [link] [comments]

    Playing SSF, got a badge of the brotherhood from my fourth map.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 11:11 PM PDT

    I got no gear beside badge and tabula and My Leaguestarter is a strange abdomination which will need some time to evolve :)

    Iam looking forward to play spectral helix with assasin. Or is there a "better" skill i could use?

    There is stormbrand, but i got no clue how to make it Work.

    Any tips and or hints?

    submitted by /u/SultanKulle
    [link] [comments]

    Hitting a mana problem with my Impending Doom build

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 02:05 AM PDT

    I've just finished leveling a Decay / Impending Doom Occultist and was hit by a problem I completely forgot to expect with 3.15... When using 5 curses with Vixen's Entrapment, I now have to pay the full cost for each curse. So my grand total goes from 59 to 163 mana per cast with a -7 cost ring craft.

    I was planning on running Discipline and Malevolence with a level 3 Enlighten for my auras + Aspect of the Spider but this leaves me with barely enough mana to cast my curse literally once before running out. This results in some jankiness as a 2x cast is basically essential for both clear and single target. I thought that an Enduring flask would be enough but it simply seems like not enough mana/s. Even with only 50% reservation as opposed to my planned 87%, it feels quite bad.

    So what would be a viable way to sustain my mana as an Occultist? I am running a full CI setup so Lifetap is not a viable option... Atziri's Foible doesn't seem to add too much regen at a glance either.

    Scuffed PoB: https://pastebin.com/03NsCwC5

    submitted by /u/cibrage
    [link] [comments]

    Flask setups on 3.15

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 01:59 AM PDT

    With the recent changes in mind (1 sec - 4 sec immunities), which flasks are you guys running? Automated ailment removal is obviously nice, but on which flask bases? How many quicksilvers? Which affixes do you want on life/mana flasks?

    My current setup.

    • 2x Quicksilver (with affixes that improve uptime)
    • 1x Aquamarine (only reason to use this instead of freeze removal affix seems to be that you can fit 2 ailment "immunities" on the same flask, might get rid of this one).
    • 1x armor flask
    • 1x life flask (with bleed removal).
    submitted by /u/TehRoboRoller
    [link] [comments]

    3.15 Bleed build with Usurper's Penance

    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    https://poedb.tw/us/Usurpers_Penance

    So this "new" unique recently showed up and it looks like you could build some fast and fun bleed character with it using a deadeye/raider or glad.

    Which way do you go? Bow? DW? Shield?

    Help me figure out something viable here! :)

    submitted by /u/Frasarn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel