• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 8, 2022

    Path of Exile Builds A Big Thank You and a Couple of Updates!

    Path of Exile Builds A Big Thank You and a Couple of Updates!


    A Big Thank You and a Couple of Updates!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2022 04:13 PM PST

    Hi all!

    I'd like to start off this little update by giving a massive thank you all the users who posted builds in the recent sticky posts for each event! The amount of people that showed up to help and answer questions in those threads was really great and is the sort of atmosphere I'm happy we can have here. The response to those posts has been overwhelmingly positive so with that in mind...

    I intend to have threads like that for each league launch so that we can have a sorted selection of builds, videos and posts about each league that'll be easy for people to go through. That is not to say that we don't want people making their own posts with their builds but rather that the post will serve as an index for posts, videos, etc so that people even weeks after the build is posted will still be able to easily find them!


    Also, starting in a day or two (when this sticky is gone) we will have a rotating weekly question thread for small questions about builds, mechanics, the league, items and etc that would otherwise either not be entirely within this subs rules to post or seem to small to make a post about. I hope that this will provide a place that seems a little less intimidating than making a full post for simple questions like "how does this unique actually work" or "why does X build take Y node?"


    I hope everyone had (is having) a great holiday period and I wish everyone the best in the new year!

    submitted by /u/NzLawless
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone wants to test a kind of different approach to a build guide? (Toxic Rain Champion / SSFHC viable)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 02:14 AM PST

    Anyone wants to test a kind of different approach to a build guide? (Toxic Rain Champion / SSFHC viable)

    Hey folks,

    not sure of how many of you guys have felt the same way as me when it comes to following build guides, but often times - especially when I was newer to the game - I wished I had something like an actual checklist to follow/complete - additional to the information provided by the PoB.

    Since the current league is kinda boring, I decided to turn Lightee's Toxic Rain Champion into that type of a build guide (including PoB, loot filter, items to look for, crafts, etc.) and I was wondering if anyone of you would be interested in testing it (if important: the build is totally SSFHC viable).

    Here's a sneak peak on how the checklist guide looks like:

    https://preview.redd.it/jbwbl3wto8a81.png?width=843&format=png&auto=webp&s=df3f2dcbac78958c92d06c274cb5f17706ad5660

    The checklist tool of my choice is todoist. If you want to give it a try, just create an account and use the following link to import the guide: https://todoist.com/API/v8.7/import/project_from_url?t_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd1aspxi4rjqbaz.cloudfront.net%2Fe4f26f44e47aa07a4d394ceb9687984e_Toxic%2520Rain%2520Champion%2520League%2520Starter.csv

    If the guide is perceived well, I might apply this type of approach to other builds in the future. So let me know, what you liked, what you didn't like, what's missing, etc.

    Cheers & thanks

    PS: You can also add me on Discord for on-the-fly questions (Jerske#3017)

    submitted by /u/ckresse
    [link] [comments]

    How good is Eye of Winter (selfcast) as a league starter?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 10:00 AM PST

    I really like the skill itself as a selfcast idea. But most builds on poe.ninja ive looked at for 1st week scourge ladder without really good (Void batteries, snakepit, or good +1 cold wand/shield, LL) gear or just no defenses in general had <400k-ish DPS which seems kinda low if I want to farm high tier maps. Am I missing something here? Or what is the desired DPS I should be looking for with this skill?

    Sorry if this is a bad question as I am not a very good player yet so im looking for any advice I can get x) I do have the community POB fork for calculations.

    submitted by /u/Rekazor
    [link] [comments]

    Glass Cannon Boss Killer that isn't Seismic Traps?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 06:48 PM PST

    I'm currently looking to play a very high dps boss killer. Survivability doesn't matter at all as long as I can instaphase Maven, Sirus etc..

    Note: No Seismic Traps please, I want to play something different that's less likely to be nerfed next league.

    submitted by /u/PandaBaum
    [link] [comments]

    Energy Blades penetration enchantment not calculated in PoB?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 03:45 PM PST

    "Attacks with Energy Blades Penetrate 12% Lightning Resistance"

    When applied to a helm nothing changes, but when copy/pasted into the Custom Modifiers box it seems to be calculated, but is it calculated correctly?

    Editing to add:

    Do Ancestral Warchiefs get a copy of my Energy Blades, and would they benefit from the lightning pen? Would Ancestral Protectors benefit?

    submitted by /u/PhantomSlave
    [link] [comments]

    How do I improve my LS Raider? 20ex to spend

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 11:46 PM PST

    Not sure what/which upgrades I should be getting. Do I spend it all on a better claw? get better gems? or other pieces of gear that I am lacking?

    https://pastebin.com/9Gcd0BUN

    submitted by /u/haleyzx
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to run Slayer to any decent level of success in a CoC format?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 04:48 PM PST

    Was looking at some old builds and liked the concept of doing some form of CoC with reap to bypass any mana costs and not needing to craft quite as good of a bow/sword. I played around on PoB, but everytime i ended up having pretty garbage damage.

    submitted by /u/PwmEsq
    [link] [comments]

    DD Build Endurance Charges Help

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 10:18 PM PST

    I'm following Zizaran/ds_lily's guide on Detonate Dead Necromancer from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E8WACqRSzQ

    The PoB is https://pastebin.com/YvvinwNa

    The gloves they are using is Wyrmsign which use endurance charges to give rampage. What I don't understand is what is generating the endurance charges in the first place? I'm checking my Misc sheet and it always says 0/3.

    submitted by /u/Psytrense
    [link] [comments]

    Can I make my LS raider tanky?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 06:03 PM PST

    https://pastebin.com/K0H0tfH9

    I switched to Paradoxica, clusters and HH and that solved all my DPS problems, for the most part (though its still not exactly stellar DPS given that this build has close to 100ex invested into it without HH).

    Now I'm dealing with some survivability issues, specifically in Deli-Beyond maps.

    I'm wondering what setup people use for farming these (and Simulacrums)?

    My questions are: 1. How do I get even more damage now? 2. How do I get solid defenses and is it even possible for this build? 3. Should I replace my paradoxica with Attributes one? I reckon its going to be pretty expensive. 4. What rings should I be using at this point? I should drop the Assassin's right?

    Frenzy charge synth items and even 10% damage precursor's are sadly still out of reach for me. At least it would be hard to justify spending so much on them.

    submitted by /u/ivan0x32
    [link] [comments]

    Carrion golem - how many harmony jewels

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 04:11 PM PST

    As in the title, there are few topics about stacking some harmonies for golemancer, though carrion seems to have much less use for it, dps seems higher on auto attack ( poedb shows that auto has tons of bonuses linked to auto ) and cascade doesn't show a good dps for some reason ? maybe it is assuming they'll cast cascade all the time. Nonetheless i don't know if I go for 8 eminence or 3 harmonies and 5 eminence, Much regards

    submitted by /u/MisheruDN
    [link] [comments]

    Ancestral Warchief Totem - Looking for advice

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 01:04 PM PST

    I'm looking for advice in regards to leveling the build from fresh and how to advance it in the endgame, with most other builds i've played (melee or spells) it seems to scale well going through the campaign whereas with totems I feel like im always chasing more damage, granted its very safe but I wish to find ways to increase my leveling speeds if I can.

    My current run I'm testing the popular facebreaker chieftain, I have 780% gloves and way more flat phy items then I would have on a league start and still feel the damage is lacking throughout the campaign.

    So my questions for experienced warchief players is

    Would I be better to just use a 2H axe and take axe nodes until steel rings?

    Chieftain or Champion? (League start, tackle atlas and kill bosses)

    Best endgame options - stay facebreaker? stay 2h? transition to str stacking?

    submitted by /u/ShellCarnage
    [link] [comments]

    BV poison Assassin viable?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 01:03 PM PST

    Hey guys, just started to play PoE after loong break (~4 years) and wanted to create some kind of magic assassin char. My question is BV poison Assassin viable in current league or im wasting my time?

    submitted by /u/Sothgar
    [link] [comments]

    need help scion fire flicker strike

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 10:58 AM PST

    https://pastebin.com/02Xz5kGe

    my build is laking serious damage ,

    idk where i went wrong i was following a build and i keep dying as soon as my evasion pot runs out

    and my dmg is weak.

    submitted by /u/Other_Passenger_8399
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a decent SST build

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 08:55 AM PST

    [3.16] Strength Stacking Cyclone Occultist

    Posted: 06 Jan 2022 07:24 PM PST

    Hey guys, here's a pretty min/maxed version of strength stacking cyclone occultist. We're sitting around ~50m total DPS, 8300 life, 78 (or 79) all res, chaos res capped, max block on attack, determination and molten shell. Also ailment immune using purity of elements and some great leech/fortify. Like I said, the build is quite min/maxed, so not budget, but very fun to play, insane aoe clear and really good single target/defenses. Here's the PoB and Video!

    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4sUciZ-Ki8

    PoB: https://pastebin.com/Ly4rnFet

    Thanks for checking it out and let me know if you guys have any questions or want to see anything!

    submitted by /u/Incommodious
    [link] [comments]

    Just dropping a 127 radius Reave pob idea

    Posted: 06 Jan 2022 03:54 PM PST

    https://pastebin.com/fZtNWUKA

    Maybe someone can find this useful, I played around in pob to find out how large I could make the AOE of Reave, without going overboard with inefficient items.

    Some stuff about Reave:

    • One of the few skills in the game with a "more" area of effect modifier (maybe the only?)
    • 50% more Area of Effect for each stage
    • You can gain up to 8 stages with Vaal Reave and maintain them with normal Reave as long as you keep attacking
    • The only other "more" aoe mod I could find is Blood and Sand, which the build also uses

    You could probably make the build decent with anomalous reave for the random ele conversion, secrets of suffering, trinity, elemental equilibrium, etc. I might be back in a few days with a build showcase if I can get something working.

    https://i.imgur.com/3MEwjq2.png

    submitted by /u/Quad__Laser
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas for standard SSF mana build using legacy uniques

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 01:46 PM PST

    Was looking through my items in standard SSF, and noticed I had max rolled legacy pledge (100% max mana), legacy Mind of the Council (recover 3% of mana when you shock an enemy, none of the new attack mods), and legacy voidbringers (66% increased mana cost of skills).

    Does anyone know a build I could make with this on SSF? The obvious answer is archmage, but I have no clue how to make one anymore after all the changes on the tree, and archmage getting gutted in general. Is it even worth trying to build around these items?

    submitted by /u/ghostymctoasty
    [link] [comments]

    How do people level cheiftain builds for consecrated path totem at league start scenarios?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 03:17 AM PST

    I'm quarantined for 5 days, looking for a build for Scourge league to try and get 19+ achievements.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 02:02 PM PST

    Hey all, I haven't played Scourge yet due to life, but now I'm stuck inside for almost a week. So I'm looking for an easy build to play from scratch and hopefully I can at least earn the hideout totem.

    I'll def be playing trade league so cheap unique dependent builds are fine, not looking to play minions (because I always play minions lol) Was thinking maybe TR or seismic trap? Thanks for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/royalemperor
    [link] [comments]

    3.16 Aegis Aurora + Skin of the Lords GB & CI Carrion minion build

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 01:27 PM PST

    Assassin Poison Vaal Reave Viable?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 09:36 AM PST

    Or is there just a way better way to go about this, i just really like playing reave and it hasnt been viable in a while. Played around on POB using dual wasp nest and carcass jack, DPS seemed semi okay, but maybe this is a waste of time.

    submitted by /u/PwmEsq
    [link] [comments]

    How can i improve my Mage Skeleton?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 08:23 AM PST

    I'm playing in Standard League and as the title says, i created a mage skeleton build and i need some help with survivability and even to take the build to the next level.

    The clear speed and the damage is great, however i've noticed that on maps t15 and t16, i'm having some surviving difficulty, for several times i die to one shots to bosses.

    How can I improve my build to the next level?

    I already spent some currency, but i still have 60ex to invest and i want to it wisely.

    Right now i don't know what to do with this build but i like a lot playing as mage skelly.

    Thanks for all the answers and advices!

    POB: https://pastebin.com/QKcFzjzc

    submitted by /u/MarceloPinho
    [link] [comments]

    Help me further improve my character

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 01:34 AM PST

    Basically, what the title says, I enjoy LS Raider and wish to improve it further, I have self-crafted almost every piece that I currently wear (except claw) and I would continue that trend. I am currently working towards finishing my awakened gem levels as well as getting LS enchant from ulab. (there's need of fixing some res as well, currently lacking 1% cold res to new max cold res)

    I am also trying to obtain a CB corruption on a jewel, currently dealing it with flask removal.

    I am curious, apart from the things I mentioned before, are there any gaps I've missed, mistakes I've done, passives/gear, etc? While I do have a lot of playtime I still feel like a noob when it comes to min-maxing a character, I usually re-roll after downing Sirus and getting 36 challenges.

    The build itself clears all content and I don't have problems with it (ie deaths, lack of dps, or such) I've cleared all bosses release feared, sirus, and others without any issues, I just would like to improve further build as I've said I haven't gotten build this far.

    Here's the POB: https://pastebin.com/4uU5QKXj

    submitted by /u/iiCey_
    [link] [comments]

    Arakaali's Fang

    Posted: 06 Jan 2022 09:53 PM PST

    I have a question about Fang builds. What is a good amount of damage per spider for the Non-Squire version of the build? I currently have about 320k per spider. Is this good enough to do most content yet?

    submitted by /u/revengechucky
    [link] [comments]

    Help with arakali's

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 03:40 AM PST

    hi guys, i'm the guy who found a mirror the other day and asked about builds.
    I decided to go with arakali's fang, including the squire.

    I followed the aspirational pob that was linked to Von Vikton's video and aside from not bothering with awoken multistrike and awakened melee physical I think i've mostly got the build there.

    https://pastebin.com/wk78rXbb this is the POB I was following.

    https://pastebin.com/J4fPsyKp here is where i am at so far. I didn't opt in for woke multi.

    But I do not feel very tanky at all and I am very slow. Damage is not great. Filling in my clusters when I level up (94 atm) still going to be a hell of a long way off. Even changing some of the jewels around to 21 etc doesn't bring me close.

    Is this not a good way to build arakali's? Any advice from other people who have melted with this build?

    I am using headhunter atm as without the stacks I feel way too weak and get killed.

    thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Troyface
    [link] [comments]

    Seism/Ex trappee vs PC Champion

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 01:50 AM PST

    Hi ppl!

    After not successful HoAG Guardian on league would like to change a character to another one

    But here is a question - who will be more free play style between this two from title

    Tried both in endless events, can't choose which one to use in end.

    Any suggestions from u plz?)

    submitted by /u/JenkiRymo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel