• Breaking News

    Monday, January 17, 2022

    Path of Exile Builds Weekly Question Thread: Ask questions here – January 16, 2022

    Path of Exile Builds Weekly Question Thread: Ask questions here – January 16, 2022


    Weekly Question Thread: Ask questions here – January 16, 2022

    Posted: 15 Jan 2022 08:00 PM PST

    Ask any simple questions here that don't warrant their own post.

    ___

    Good question for this page: "Why do some non-minions builds take minions nodes?"

    Question that should have its own post: "How do I improve my build?"

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Bossing leaguestarter with okay mapping ?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 04:32 AM PST

    Hi,

    I'm already starting to think about the build I'm going to play next season. I know we don't have the patchnotes for 3.17 yet, but I just want to get a general idea of what kind of builds I'm looking for.

    My goal : bossing asap on leaguestart. I'm playing SC trade.

    Criterias :

    - great bossing (Sirus hopefully, Shaper, conquerors, possibly new atlas boss)

    - decent leveling experience/decent mapping (doesn't need to zoom zoom everywhere, but I still need to clear the atlas and get to a decent level reasonably fast)

    - obviously, leaguestart friendly

    - doesn't need to be beginner friendly, but if you have a guide attached to the PoB in the case it is a very specific kind of build it'd be appreciated

    What I have in mind so far : poisonous concoction?, traps (big if, considering how op that one trap was this league), minions (skellies?), some kind of totem (forbidden rite?), some kind of melee (cyclone? boneshatter?)

    Any ideas are welcome, and if you have any experience in any of the builds I just mentioned as a leaguestarter, feel free to share too.

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/SatellaView
    [link] [comments]

    [3.16]Ascendant Trinity Scourge Arrow (Stacked Elemental Damage)

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 05:41 AM PST

    Is Divine Ire able to scale into the endgame?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 07:02 PM PST

    I've looked for a Divine Ire build, but all I can seem to find is totems. I'm not a fan of the gear progression for totems, so I was wondering if it's viable for self-cast. I'm not expecting to do ultra-juiced delirium stuff, I'm just interested in being able to take it to red maps and boss and such.

    submitted by /u/ufo2222
    [link] [comments]

    Help me with damage conversion

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 04:14 AM PST

    I'm planning a 100% physical damage converted to fire damage marauder chieftain and need help understanding damage conversion order.

    I'm aiming for flames advance (50% conversion), fire mastery (40% conversion) and the rest from equipment. once this is set up it technically leaves me with no physical damage. Flames advance provides 100% phys as extra fire damage but is x% physical damage added as extra fire damage applied before x% physical damaged converted to fire damage or after?

    i.e. Will this equate to double base damage all as fire or just base damage all as fire (as there is no phys remaining to convert to extra).

    I'm also planning to use infernal blow which converts 60% phys to fire damage. Correct me if I'm wrong but damage conversion from gems applys before other sources so will flames advance provide 100% extra phys to fire on the base phys damage or the remaining 40% phys? (I'll probably use lacerate/blade flurry or something else instead if it's the latter)

    submitted by /u/ali_whi
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for league starter Arc build that will at least take me into T14+ maps

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 08:30 AM PST

    Title says it all, I found lots of different arc builds online but couldn't tell how deep they were able to take me into the endgame. Doesn't need to be a bosser, just good enough to farm currencies in T14+. (I've never played totems/traps but am open to learning if it's good for league start)

    Additionally: Any crackling lance or divine ire builds for bossing/harder endgame content?

    submitted by /u/stickastickinmydick
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of doing VD/DD Slinger next league, but I need help on ailments, ascendency

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 08:21 AM PST

    VD/DD Slinger seems like it's got a good mix of bossing and mapping with a really smooth start through the acts (leveling brands until swapping into spellslinger later), however it looks like you can do Inquisitor, Assassin or Necro?

    Also, it doesn't seem like this build runs auras? How do you get ailment immunity? And is that a major issue? Are defenses okay without auras? I really like running at least temporal rift

    submitted by /u/Askray184
    [link] [comments]

    Mathils Crack Lance

    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 01:48 PM PST

    I always wanted to do a crack lance and since I dont know if mathil will finish his one, I took his build and did it the way id probably build it. I would love to build it with a natural affinity because it would fit perfectly but sadly its too many points (I usually play my builds up to lvl 92-94). Also im done with the league *sadge* but if it stays the same in 3.17 I probably try it as a second or third toon.

    https://pastebin.com/5NQKkVRb

    cheers

    Edit: heres a tankier version with brass dome but without spell supp, enemy hit set to 10k (sap is not calculated I think):

    https://pastebin.com/nQmBvh66

    submitted by /u/Severunzel
    [link] [comments]

    New player looking for advice for a shield build. Paladin/crusader style

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 06:56 AM PST

    Hey guys!

    Just started PoE recently, playing a level 50 ranger with chain and ice shot. Been very fun to try the game out and learn the passive tree etc!

    I would love to try out some archetypes of other games, and one that I always come back to us a tanky shield character, typically magic enhanced.

    It's hard to plan a build around abilities and combos you don't even know exists, so looking for some ideas. It doesn't need to be endgame, just a boat load of fun. Perhaps some kind of strength/int build?

    Typical themes I like: * Shield slamming (using your shield as an attack) *Block: your shield is your weapon and protection! * High armour, tanky, perhaps using that to your advantage (eg, get in the middle of a mess then shield slam). * Lightning attacks could be awesome, Crusader style (melee and shield is the focus, but it's always fun to add some mid range that pairs with the build).

    Of course I can just find some gems and put something together, and I have no problem doing that, just figured it was fun to hear what you guys have tried and experiment a bit!

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/d3agl3uk
    [link] [comments]

    Impale on Herald of Purity?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 06:44 AM PST

    I am trying to crunch numbers to estimate how much damage Impale Support on a Herald of Purity (without any passives from the tree to boost it) would increase dps, as compared to, say, a Ruthless gem. Ruthless is pretty easy, but the math for Impale is bewildering me. Can anyone help me out?

    A level 20 20% Impale Support gives 60% chance to Impale and 38% increased impale effect. Base Impale effect is 10% more damage on subsequent hits, so 38% increase is about 14% more damage on subsequent hits. So far so good.

    But I'm a bit bewildered about how to factor in: (1) the fact that it doesn't apply on the first hit, and (2) the fact that it lasts 5 hits and can stack up. It would be good to calculate for: (a) a boss, where you can probably count on getting all 5 hits worth of benefit, and (b) map clearing, where you might average just one or two hits' worth of benefit.

    I'd appreciate any help. :)

    submitted by /u/TheMetaphysician67
    [link] [comments]

    Help pushing my Strength Stacking Occultist further.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 06:40 AM PST

    Hey all, scouring Ninja there are a few variants in terms of running Skitterbots and other Auras. Looking for where I can improve, PoB isn't calculating DPS properly as that isn't lacking really haha. Have another 30Ex I can put in right now, more depending on how farming goes today haha.

    https://pastebin.com/SzdKvYjC

    submitted by /u/TheSteelSword
    [link] [comments]

    Armour, Evasion or phys reduction ?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 06:29 AM PST

    After getting some really great help last week on my poor build its certainly in better shape then it was.

    My damage feels much better but I get the feeling Armour, Evasion or phys reduction are all quite low as in some higher tier maps and bosses I'm getting some deaths.

    Ive got 3 passive points to use but struggling to work out where they will do me best.

    Been playing around on POB and i think maybe best to grab the Armour and energy shield node down by Faith and steel then really unsure where the other 2 points would help the best?

    Any input is appreciated , thanks !

    https://pastebin.com/k0r93mcj

    submitted by /u/butcherbigboy
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend me a powerful bow / ranged build

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 05:48 AM PST

    Hi dear community.

    I am a long term player, but I played melee and DoT builds and did not do a bow/ true ranged since 3.6

    Can you recommend me a good build or skill? I switched to Std a few months ago due to real life stuff, where I have a bunch of stuff I could use, and would like to do a powerful archer or wander I see a lot of LA builds, and some KB/Power siphon. Budget is ~700ex in Std, where I have a bunch of stuff already like insta leech legacy vinktar, etc.

    Ultimately I could add some quant, but not full crazy mf. Rather having great DPS and slotting in the quant gem for 6L.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/babicko90
    [link] [comments]

    Am I wrong in concluding this build is not budget at all?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2022 04:38 AM PST

    So, I am looking at fun builds to try for next league and I came across this:

    https://youtu.be/MNPbwMiZtWM

    The description says "Hopefully this passes as a true budget build showcase. I'm not joking when I say I barely spent anything putting this together."

    But then, I tried setting it up with what I have on Scourge and what I could find on the market, thinking if it was budget, I should be able to do something viable with the few ex I have saved (I am not a good farmer).

    I was not able to put it together, at all. To me, it looks like getting anywhere near the showcase takes a lot more exalteds than I have, especially getting a staff that remotely resembles what he shows in the video.

    Am I wrong? Can this be done on the cheap? -- Or is he misrepresenting the build?

    submitted by /u/bananaskates
    [link] [comments]

    what was the strongest carrion golem build in 3.16?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 12:25 PM PST

    I am planning to play carrion golem in 3.17 and if I search for carrion golem build there are a huge ton of different ways and can't figure out what is the best way.

    submitted by /u/Neotreitz
    [link] [comments]

    solo uber 5-way 5 full rows of rewards showcase

    Posted: 15 Jan 2022 11:36 PM PST

    why need an aurabot when you can solo uber 5-way to farm stasis prison

    easy to have at least 4 full rows of rewards

    it's weird that if you have a dedicated resetter, there will be fewer rewards

    pob:https://pastebin.com/U7quWx1e

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDC6p5JYARU&ab_channel=SKzFaLLeN

    submitted by /u/fallenskz
    [link] [comments]

    End of League Phantasmal Frostbolt ideas for SSF

    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 02:18 PM PST

    So as my first league with a successful endgame build in crit seismic traps is coming to an end I want to try messing around with some of shinier toys that I got my hands on.

    Sadly my only Orloth encounter hasn't dropped the CDWT meme flask and I'm missing the Ivory Tower and Prism Guardian combo for the other popular build on poeninja using this version of Frostbolt.

    What I do have however is a Cane of Kulemak with +3 socketed support gems, a lvl 3 enhance (sadly no empower), Crit Multi w Rare/Unique nearby and Double Damage while Focused. With the then lvl 6 enhance that's 60% chance for projectiles to return which seems like a pretty nice boost to damage while clearing and probably even against bosses.

    The question is how I'm going to deploy those Frostbolts. One option is CoC with Cyclone (I do have the movespeed alt quality as well for extra zooming), in which case I could either do a Raider with +crit chance Hatred watcher's eye or a nice Hybrid Inquis with Corrupted Soul, Attackspeed w Precision, %Life Regen w Vitality and Vulnerability immune w Determination watcher's eye.

    Another version I have considered was using Totems instead though I'm not sure whether the extra crit multi even works with those and if it'd be worth running over Soul Mantle for example.

    I'm open to other suggestions, I think as a raider I would probably run charges and onslaught and get my immunities elsewhere, probably using Cyclopean, Shaper's Touch and Crown of the Inward Eye to get a bunch of raw stats going and get some defense from Ghost Shrouds and Suppression that way.

    submitted by /u/deviant324
    [link] [comments]

    Doom mechanics - self cast curse and blasphemy

    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 11:13 AM PST

    I'm running a Hexblast build and stacking a few curses with blasphemy. One of those is despair. I'm also self casting despair to proc doom.

    What exactly happens if I cast despair, and then something enters my blasphemy despair range? Does the doom continue to stack or do I lose it since despair is over-written?

    submitted by /u/Asteroth555
    [link] [comments]

    Tell me how to improve upon my current build.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 05:39 PM PST

    https://pastebin.com/J7i0ynA7

    TS CoC Ice Spear.

    No way can I afford a Mageblood, so I'm making do without it. That being said, if there's a better way to do it, please let me know!

    submitted by /u/CreKapone
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for strong occultist boss killer build. (PS5)

    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 04:30 PM PST

    Ive already leveled up my witch to level 35. I already have a fast mapper (deadeye ice shot) so it's okay if occultist is slow at mapping.

    I have about 20 ex investment

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/hottestasianbabes
    [link] [comments]

    LF Fastest attack/cast spectre

    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 01:51 AM PST

    Hello Exiles,

    It's that time a year I lower my sleeping time in order to imagine my next build.
    I'm looking for a minion that can attack or cast at least 8 times per second, with proper gear and dedicated gems (minion speed...).

    I already tried some, not optimal:

    • Baranite Preacher BL hits multiple times per second, but I need more casts (not hits)
    • Slave drivers... too weak and I find their attack kinda slow
    • Dancing dervish sword needs worms and makes you naked
    • Spectral spirits are too slow
    • ...

    Do you have any idea of some minions I should try please?
    Thanks a lot, have a nice day.

    submitted by /u/omageus
    [link] [comments]

    Vaal Ignite Help pt2

    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 09:09 AM PST

    So yesterday I posted about needing help with my Vaal ignite build and I got some great recommendations so i respected my build and spent a bunch of currency on new jewels and gear.

    Now i feel as though im worse off than before. I can't kill bosses without dying 3-4 times now. sure my damage might be slightly higher, but now the game is just not fun. here is my updated pob, if anyone can seriously help me that'd be great, if not i will just respec into the previous build and deal with the lack of damage.

    https://pastebin.com/Hr4W4c6Y

    EDIT: seems that tempest shield grants a ton of spell block chance... definitely helped. apologies i am a large noob

    submitted by /u/St_Dane
    [link] [comments]

    Phys trapper vs. endgame, getting one-shot and lacking damage

    Posted: 15 Jan 2022 09:20 PM PST

    Hi,

    I decided to play a phys trapper when GGG extended scourge league, since it's going to be nerfed in a couple of weeks. I copied Lily's build from SSFHC, since she got it to the high 90s, figured it would be tanky enough to get some endgame bosses before Siege goes live.

    Here's my build currently: https://pastebin.com/hW5PxYMS

    Level 82, have a couple of damage nodes to take on cluster jewels and a couple of 5% life nodes, then jewel sockets. i'm already sitting at 4.9k life and 1.3k ES. I have 100% suppression, 75% phys damage reduction, and 80% evade chance.

    T16 maps are not an issue for the most part, i even had the hunter spawn in a vaal temple map, and did the fight with 2 deaths due to my stupidity (stood in the black smoke during the temple boss fight, and forgot i should run around when the snakes are in the center in the hunter fight, and tried to actually dps him during that phase, so yeah, it wasn't the build in those cases.

    Earlier in the league, I did shaper, regular elder, and all 10-boss maven fights on a skele mage summoner. I wanted to see if this build, lauded for its tankiness, can get me a maven kill before the endgame changes. I tried a *scoured* Hidden invitation and got completely destroyed. The last time I did this fight was during Ritual on the OP carrion build, it's actually a cluster if you try to engage with it. I'm thinking the only way to actually get it done is to just burst them down with really high dps (unless there's something I'm missing about the fight). My trapper clearly does not have enough dps to burst them down if that's indeed the case.

    What improvements should I make to get this build to the point where it can do Maven? I should mention the jewels I would be adding as I reach higher levels would have: life, flat phys to spells, %phys damage, crit multi, crit chance. The build also takes One with Evil for extra chaos res. Would those be enough to get me through Uncharted Realms fights and Maven? Is there something i should be changing gear-wise?

    Major Update:

    Thank you to everyone who made suggestions and shared their PoBs, I made a lot of updates and got a few more levels, and the char certainly feels a lot better. Still gets one-shot here and there, but overall feels much stronger.

    I dropped assassin mark, got another CIP, and a +1 neck. Better annoint, better belt. Redid the tree with a thread of hope. Even though my total EHP is lower, I managed to do a lot with the current iteration of the build (at level 89):

    Current pastebin: https://pastebin.com/5PuQhiiX

    • Killed 3 rare ten boss maven invitations, one death in all 3
    • Did the formed invitation (scoured), one death
    • got a map with Ritual where i killed the purifier, deathless, 4 times

    At this point, I plan on getting 2-3 more levels and getting jewel sockets with life and phys damage or crit multi, then the next upgrade will be the chest with spell crit.

    submitted by /u/Pragmatic_Robot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel