• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 28, 2019

    Path of Exile Builds All Aura, 1/2 Curse, Aspect of Avian, CI Mana Guardian Support (7k mana, 12k ES)

    Path of Exile Builds All Aura, 1/2 Curse, Aspect of Avian, CI Mana Guardian Support (7k mana, 12k ES)


    All Aura, 1/2 Curse, Aspect of Avian, CI Mana Guardian Support (7k mana, 12k ES)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 08:19 PM PST

    https://pastebin.com/XNR2QimB

    Looking for some feedback; anyone see anywhere this could be improved or anything I have missed?

    With the new helm being introduced, it becomes even easier to reach 100% reduced mana reserved with a stat-stacking build.

    I took the idea of stacking strength using Shaper's Touch for Mana/ES, which also gives the extra bonus of %defense to allies from Mask of the Tribunal.

    Combined with a few jewel corruptions (I use 5-6), you can reach 100% reduced mana reserved on your Prism Guardian, granting 3 completely free auras.

    The gear for this build isn't too crazy, requiring a shaper amulet, elder belt, and uniques. Definitely not league starter, but not exactly top-end on price, other than the difficulty of acquisition.

    For an extension, if you were able to get more corrupted jewels and top-tier strength on items, you could swap the skyforth for alberon's to squeeze out a tiny bit more ES and enable your 10% ES regen. In addition, I run Iron Reflexes simply because I prefer beefy armor over evasion; could easily drop this for a bit more int. Its also possible to route thru the top of the witch tree and get dual curse for a bit of a loss of ES, assuming you have a good corrupted pair of gloves.

    submitted by /u/nrgdallas
    [link] [comments]

    Help Skill Progression - Vortex/CS Occultist

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 01:27 AM PST

    Yeah i know wait for 3.6 patch notes...blah blah.. :). Well i think it will still be viable and i wanted to try a build that looks fun to me in 3.6 So i started to test and plan the leveling for my vortex/cs occultist. I did a rough play through up to level 31 to test the early progression. And here is where i struggle the most. When you get access to vortex with 28 and most endgame support gems with 31 its not so hard anymore. Then you just go an grab your endgame gems and slot them in by priority.

    But i have problems to get the part from 1-28 right. Specially the support gems and the defense / movement setup. And i had shitty single target dmg. What do you do for that early game? So i will explain what i did and perhaps we can elaborate the perfect progression.

    My important rules are: I want to level with vortex / cs asap (although storm brand would be possibly faster).

    Start:

    • Scion Start to get green gem + onslaught
    • Witch Start - Enemy at the Gates (A1) :
      • Freezing Pulse + Arcane Surge
      • Explosive Trap + Onslaught (or swap onlaught arcane surge?)
    • Mercy Mission: anything useful?
    • Breaking some Eggs (L4 + A1):
      • Freezing Pulse + Arcane Surge;
      • Explosive Trap
      • Frost Bomb + Onslaught
    • The caged Brute(L8 + A1):
      • Freezing Pulse + Added Lightning Damage (+ Added Cold? Got not enough Dex)
      • Explosive Trap
      • Frost Bomb + Onslaught
      • Flame Dash + Arcane Surge
    • The Siren's Cadence(L12+A1):
      • Storm Brand + Added Lightning Damage (+ Added Cold?)
      • (Explosive Trap) Dropped the Trap here....dunno why
      • Frost Bomb + Onslaught
      • Flame Dash + Arcane Surge
    • Sharp and Cruel(L18+A2):
      • Storm Brand + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus
      • Frost Bomb + Onslaught
      • Flame Dash + Arcane Surge + Faster Casting
    • The Root of the Problem(L20+A2):
      • Storm Brand + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus (kept it to help with bosses)
      • (Frost Bomb + Onslaught (dropped it didn't have enough slots and got 3 quicksilver Flasks)
      • Flame Dash + Arcane Surge + Faster Casting
      • Cold Snap + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus
      • Herald of Thunder
    • Lost in Love(L25+A3):
      • Storm Brand + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Added Lightning Damage
      • Flame Dash + Arcane Surge + Faster Casting
      • Cold Snap + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + ???
      • Herald of Thunder
      • Discipline
      • Frostbite
    • Sever the Right Hand(L29+A3):
      • Vortex + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Added Lightning Damage
      • Flame Dash + Arcane Surge + Faster Casting
      • Cold Snap + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + ???
      • Herald of Thunder
      • Discipline
      • Frostbite
    • A Fixture of Fate(L30+A3):
      • Vortex + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Efficacy
      • Flame Dash + Arcane Surge + Faster Casting
      • Cold Snap + Controlled Destruction + Efficacy + Hypothermia
      • Discipline
      • Blasphemy + Frostbite
      • War Banner

    At this point i am fairly comfortable. Get Cwdt setup later + phase run + inc duration, Add Bonechill to CS later. But the are the early stages ok? When do you drop onslaught? Do you drop it? Is there something for early singe target? I am happy for constructive criticism and a nice discussion or any help. Thanks

    submitted by /u/pandaroc
    [link] [comments]

    Why use 3 heralds?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 02:51 PM PST

    I dont really understand why many guides use 3 heralds, is there an interaction I'm not aware of? I've found it much more thrilling to just run 5/6 link Herald of Ice and an aura than to try using 3 heralds in the past.

    Edited to remove second half, I'll post later if I think the theory needs assistance.

    submitted by /u/PhantomRS
    [link] [comments]

    elementalist question

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 11:09 PM PST

    i am arma brand elementalist atm. should i build for burn dot dmg. or hit damage?

    submitted by /u/ManaMontanaa
    [link] [comments]

    Old Poet's Pen GC Ice Nova Discharge Hierophant build

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 09:44 PM PST

    I created this character in standard and he's basically my go-to character for messing around in standard when I don't feel like playing the trade league. I've gotten up to level 80 now, but the build feels weak as hell, I'm squishy as fuck, and I know that I have no clue what I'm doing.

    Can any seasoned pros point out some glaringly obvious mistakes I'm making? A good example are my gloves, which only help frenzy, but I'm not really attacking with frenzy, so it's pointless, right? I think.

    I know my boots, rings and amulet are shit, but I'm not sure why I should be stacking for a build like this. Will it ever be viable? For red maps or higher? What are some insane upgrades I should save up for?

    https://pastebin.com/mD0CM24v

    Overall, I think my main problem is damage. And I'm not sure what gear I should be going for.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/nomnaut
    [link] [comments]

    Bane and Soulrend

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 03:39 PM PST

    Anyone plan on using these 2 for a build next league? I'm looking for some ideas to build an occultsist with them. I was thinking of running temp chains, despair, and enfeeble linked with bane and soulrend with Void manipulation, added chaos, vicious projectiles, faster projectiles, and greater multiple.

    submitted by /u/midnightmonty30
    [link] [comments]

    Tornado Shot Bleed Deadeye

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 02:55 PM PST

    So I probably have time to try out one more build before the league ends and wanted to give Tornado Shot a try. Was thinking of pairing TS with bleed and Haemophilia for that nice pop. Crimson Dance seemed pretty iffy but if I could stack bleeds quick enough it should be worth it. Hopefully with TS chaining and extra projectiles there will be plenty of hits to stack bleeds.

    Gathering Winds

    Rupture

    Far Shot

    Ricochet

    Fossil crafted bleed bow or the Crimson Storm

    Haemophilia

    Dying Sun

    Flat Phys rings and amulet

    Rare boots

    Rare armor with maim

    Starkonja's Head

    Not sure about quiver.

    For links I was thinking TS, Chance to Bleed, Brutality, Vicious Projectiles, GMP, Deadly Ailments in the chest. Other option would be to get Vicious Projectiles on a bleed bow and replace something with Maim. I'll try to PoB it out but it's hard to tell how effective things are when it comes to bleeds.

    Other links will be Herald of Purity, War Banner, and an aura. Curse will be Vulnerability from an on hit corruption.

    Last thing I'm trying to decide on is Resolute Technique or crit. RT is pretty far away but I plan on getting Red Storm anyways so it's not much further and there's a bunch of life along the way.

    I'm going to get everything together tonight, give it a try, and report back but any suggestions would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Rad_Fishy
    [link] [comments]

    Arc mines - Dual wield vs 1h + Shield, whats better? Question

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 02:06 PM PST

    In terms of dps i understand that dw-ing will provide higher numbers and with a shield you'll get more life etc. I've never really played arc mines, or arc in general. I also want to make this my league starter and possibly progress further later in the league but before planning to spend numerous exalts on multi-modded weapons and such I would appreciate any advice on which version you think is better or prefer. I'm mainly leaning towards the 1h + shield however, I'm afraid that the damage output will be underwhelming. I plan on doing all content as most will during the start of the league. I'll rush to getting a complete atlas and proceed to make money for real upgrades to continue using the character for mapping, bossing or whatever.

    submitted by /u/Sufex123
    [link] [comments]

    (brainstorm) yet another accu stacking jugg idea

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 09:49 AM PST

    I'm trying to think of a pure phys variation of the build presented in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2244271 but with war banner brutality, adding a vicious proj mod to the bow and possibly the new accuracy amulet, although even with those upgrades I fear the build will struggle with t15 bosses even with high investment. Are there any other upgrades you guys think off?

    submitted by /u/BiggerJB21
    [link] [comments]

    How do non-ranger running builds feel?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 01:12 PM PST

    Thinking about occultist.

    submitted by /u/the_white_warrior
    [link] [comments]

    Would this Viper Strike + Herald of Agony build be viable?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 01:07 PM PST

    I've wanted to try making my very own build from scratch, using something off meta, and this is what I came up with: https://pastebin.com/aS2QJt4e

    It's just a really basic poison pathfinder that uses Viper Strike and HoA. I've tried min-maxing the tree as well as I can, but I'm sure there's a lot to improve.

    Would this be viable in any form? If not, what changes would I have to make? The numbers aren't terrible considering the incredibly low budget, but I've never played poison before so I don't know what to look for exactly.

    submitted by /u/Leostereo
    [link] [comments]

    Bow builds.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 08:25 AM PST

    Pretty excited about the start of another season. Last season I used a Templar totem build that used a bow but used totem to deal the actual damage. Really enjoyed it, but now I want to try a real bow build for the first time. I'm looking for something relaxing to play and clear speed oriented. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/naokotani
    [link] [comments]

    What will a good Wave of Conviction build look like?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 08:41 AM PST

    I know we don't have the damage numbers yet, but we have a pretty good idea what the skill does. What would be some strong considerations for ascendancies/uniques/supports etc... to make a strong Wave of Conviction build?

    I'm pretty new, so please go easy on me with the acronyms. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheBiggestZander
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to make a Purifying Flame Inquisitor

    Posted: 27 Feb 2019 05:01 AM PST

    I am currently trying to make a Purifying Flame Inquisitor as my League Starter.

    The Skill looks pretty nice so far. And with scaling AoE it might have some good clearspeed.

    That is why i choose Carcass Jack as my Chest piece and took AoE nodes at the Templar and Witch area. This also allows me to use conc effect for a huge damage boost.

    Since this is going to be a Physical Spell with a bit of phys to fire conversion it it, i'm going to fully convert to elemental damage. Because of that i'm going to use Hrimsorrow and Phys to lightning.

    This converts physical to 35% Lightning, 31% cold and 34% Fire. Wich allows me to Shock, freeze and ignite very often (about 71% chance to inflict ailments for each element).

    Of course this can be scaled even more with shaper weapons, shaper amulets and crazy synthesysed mods. But this is for deeper in the league.

    I am currently using Blade Vortex as my Skill on PoB because it is a physical spell and we dont have the actual Purifying Flame skill in PoB yet.

    I am going to pick Inquisitor because of the nice crit and concetrated ground synergy wich gives me surviveability and more crit as soon as it gets reworked. Also the immunity to elemental ailments opens up flask slots.

    Here is the PoB . Let me know if you have something to add or change. All items are supposed to be relativ easy to obtian. There are no GG Mirror items involved. All rolls are mostly average.

    Dont wonder about the abyss Jewels. They are placeholders. anything with flat damage to spells and flat life is going to be good. at least i think so.

    Tree, items and gems are going to be changed as soon as PoB is Updated for the new League (at least i hope it gets this league)

    submitted by /u/Leonardo12Inchy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel