• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 12, 2020

    Path of Exile Builds Why doesn't anyone farm Quicksilvers/flasks to speedrun?

    Path of Exile Builds Why doesn't anyone farm Quicksilvers/flasks to speedrun?


    Why doesn't anyone farm Quicksilvers/flasks to speedrun?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    I'm not a speedrunner, but I just thought about it. It might take like 5-6 minutes to run a Duelist or a Marauder to hailrake then pop into town and get a Quicksilver. Why doesn't anyone do that twice and then get onto the character they intend to speedrun with and snag the flasks then zoom zoom through the levels with three quicksilvers and a quick medium life/mana flask? (from selling the smalls)

    If this is a known thing sorry I'm wasting internet space.

    submitted by /u/Dctr-Mantis-Toboggan
    [link] [comments]

    Astral Projector Discharge Spellslinger ?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Would the triggered Discharge be cast around my cursor due to Astral Projector or do triggered novas not work with the ring? If so it could be neat to play a Frenzy+PCoC Discharge Spellslinger Assassin with Badge of the Brotherhood. Any thoughts?

    Edit: I didn't think of this before posting, but do spells with their own cooldown even work with Spellslinger?

    submitted by /u/Torchlink
    [link] [comments]

    Badge of the Brotherhood

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    Before harvest dropped, I theory crafted several (imo) killer builds that each required Badge of the Brotherhood. I didn't anticipate that the lack of zana blight mod would lead to this item becoming one of the premier chase-items, which ruined my league-start. I'm wondering if anyone has a hunch that this will persist in Heist, or not? Do you think Zana blight mod will be available this league? If so, is the high cost of BotB likely still going to be a thing?

    submitted by /u/FrostyBrew86
    [link] [comments]

    Chaos/DoT Builds that transition to endgame

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    So haven't really played a Chaos or DoT build in awhile.(Have done ED Contagion and hated the playstyle).
    That being said i'm looking for something along the lines of these 2 that are pretty decent levelers, and can also scale up fairly well into red maps/has some good single target towards the endgame. I don't mind if it's not really a zoomer build.

    submitted by /u/Lnars
    [link] [comments]

    Firestorm build suggestions!

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    After seeing the new firestorm I know I have to give it a try. Any suggestions on how to build/ league start it? I'm thinking of scaling it just flat spell damage with elemental overload.

    submitted by /u/SoraSkyy
    [link] [comments]

    RF jugg next league?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    I like super tough, face tank builds. I've played RF before and enjoyed it. I would much rather have slower build that clears all content and zero deaths than play a screen clearing glass cannon. Will it be good next league? Is there another build I should look at as well? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ajax_The_Bulwark
    [link] [comments]

    Scorching ray?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    Has anyone successfully made a build out of this recently that didn't feel underwhelming. I've always loved the beam of fire but for the most part it doesn't seem to get much play or ever seem to be very strong. I'm talking t16 maps/juiced maps and end game bosses. I think I'll play lots of the next patch in a week so currency won't be a huge issue. Suggestions pls.

    submitted by /u/burkillS
    [link] [comments]

    A new video series

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Hello! Not sure if this post is allowed here, if not please let me know.

    Myself and a couple other people with 5k+ hours each of PoE are starting a podcast/live stream segment (name to be determined) focusing on builds and items for PoE. We would like to do our initial episode on league start builds this Thursday. If anyone would like to have thier build gone over and talked about please submit it here on the thread or you can DM me the PoB directly. It doesn't have to be meta we can help guide you to success whether you are new or have been playing for a few leagues. We may also be having a special guest joining us on our inaugural episode. I will update this thread with confirmed times. The build and item segment will also be uploaded to YouTube for people to view.

    submitted by /u/Cpt_plainguy
    [link] [comments]

    Scion Aurabot Advice Sought

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    My tentative plan, assuming it's not totally murdered by patch notes, is to try to play the kind of non-pure aurabot Ascendant that runs a bunch of auras but is still playable solo, probably using something like Spark or Ethereal Knives. I know this is a kind of build that takes substantial investment to really get rolling and probably would not have attempted it a year ago.

    I also understand that, probably, the optimal thing is to league start with a completely separate character and then switch over; I'm electing to not do that because I notice that I basically just keep plowing currency into the starter character and I'm going to not give myself that option.

    All that being said:

    1) Any recommendations on what to start with? I don't care if I have to dump a bucket of Regrets when it gets to be transition time.

    2) What's the minimum you would plan to have in place in order to transition to a more aura playstyle, and

    3) Any opinions on best skill to use post-transition? It seems like most of the aura-based carries I saw in Harvest were running Spark and had no problem essentially soloing six player Simulacrum, albeit at a very high investment level.

    4) Any other advice or pitfalls to watch out for?

    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

    submitted by /u/Hartastic
    [link] [comments]

    ice nova build help

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    Hey guys , im not an expert in ice coc nova builds .. im having a problem proc frost bolt .. its not activating while criting really low chance what changes i should do ? what i can add to make it work constantly https://pastebin.com/kADuaEer

    submitted by /u/cosmic_arab
    [link] [comments]

    Hyped about new League Heist. Want to try for the first time to make my own starter build.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    Hello friends,

    i want to ask for you advice how to create a own build. I dont know where to start first so i am here for asking advice where to look.

    greetings

    Bakfunk

    submitted by /u/Bakfunk
    [link] [comments]

    Self-cast Discharge :thonking: ? Would love some some ideas and critique

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    So discharge will receive a large damage buff, but will be on a cooldown.

    I'm thinking about ways to make self-casting Discharge work, and i've come up with some archetypes, although none of them feel 100% satisfying.

    First i thought of an Archmage build to make use of the fact that Discharge now is on a cooldown anyways, so handling the mana cost would be a lot easier. Here is my pastebin for an Occultist Archmage build:

    https://pastebin.com/hk8CrQm7

    The Problem with Occultist Archmage is the fact that while Forbidden Power does reliably generate charges with Archmage, it only generates one charge at a time due to its wording. Another problem is that Discharge is a "hit once, and hit hard" skill, and these don't profit from Archmage that much.

    Another archetype would be either Jugg or Chieftain fire-based Discharge, probably using the large hit to inflict huge ignites. I'm not very used to ignite scaling so i could really use some help here, since i've not really gotten the damage to scale properly (obviously the new Discharge would deal WAY more damage)

    https://pastebin.com/iU02jJsu

    I'm not sure if i set that up correctly, due to orb of storms only dealing lightning damage with elemental equilibrium, the enemy sould have their fire resistance lowered when i hit with Discharge, right?

    I realize the damage numbers are all out of whack anyways, since we don't have the new gem info yet, but i'm just hyped and would love some ideas on the concept, and if you guys think it's viable.

    submitted by /u/Torchlink
    [link] [comments]

    What is your preferred defensive approach for your league start builds?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    There are lots of things that go into defense/survival -- Life / ES / MoM , Block, Dodge, Evade, Various leech methods, Flask usage, etc etc.

    When picking a league start I'm usually thinking about two things -- which skill I want to play, and how I want to not die (too much).

    What's your approach to defense when picking or building a league start?

    submitted by /u/obvious711
    [link] [comments]

    Quick combustion question

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    Hey y'all, I'm setting up a spellslinger fire build and had a quick question. I was planning on using combustion on my frenzy to get an additional source of -fire res, but how does that work if your main skill can ignite as well? Will I actually get the benefit or will frenzy never be able to ignite since the ignite from my main skill will be a higher value? I'm not super invested into ignite, so I am not against throwing an ele focus on my main links, but do I need to?

    submitted by /u/Exitium_Deus
    [link] [comments]

    Non-Cyclone Champion Build/Build Guide?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    I really really like the idea of playing a champion as my league starter but I also really hate how cyclone feels to play. With the update of steel skills, it seemed like a good time to do so. I've found one up to date build guide for shattering steel and I'm not very good at making builds/determining good builds so I want someone to help me either vouch for this build for a league starter or point me in the right direction of one. Thanks!

    Guide in question: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839069 edit: bad

    submitted by /u/_Schadenfreude__
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas For Crackling Lance/ Blazing Salvo Builds?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    Just looking to see if anyone has solid ideas on building one of these builds. I feel like Blazing Salvo would be best with mines/totems, so I'm really intrigued to see if anyone has any totem ideas since I love totems. Maybe Cheiftain or Hiero for totems, seems like it would be pretty solid. For Crackling Lance, figuring that Necro/Guardian get nerfed for Archmage shenanigans, Inquis might be a pretty fun option, or Assassin could work if it evades some big nerfs. I feel Necro would be the best disregarding nerfs, but it's a bit hard to predict what might be coming for them.

    Really interested to here other people ideas about these skills since they look pretty insane.

    Threw together two quick PoB's for Salvo totems and for Crackling Lance Inquis

    Blazing Salvo: https://pastebin.com/iAEceCiy

    Crackling Lance: https://pastebin.com/BwXsSznc

    submitted by /u/KAHOOTFATHER
    [link] [comments]

    Fast Heist League Start (Pathfinder)

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    I am always slow getting to white maps because I choose end-game builds.

    I'm looking for resources/builds to quickly get to white maps with a Pathfinder. My goal is to get to white maps in a day or two instead of a week.

    submitted by /u/Chemfreak
    [link] [comments]

    Arc Archmage starter build question

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Hey guys, first of all pardon my english in case there's misspelling. I never tried any archmage build so I was planning to start next league with an Arc Archmage. I have a few questions:

    -Is it a good starter?

    -Will archmage most likely receive some nerfs?

    -Do you use archmage while leveling?

    -Is it better to go assasin or hierophant?

    -Any tips or video/forum thread that you guys recommend in order to follow? Any tips from someone that has already played it before?

    -Is mana + gems levels the best way to scale damage?

    -What weapon to use before pledge of hands?

    -Is enduring mana flask enough to sustain the mana? Which base would be the best for the enduring mana flask, sanctified?

    -Does it feel "clunky" without big investment on cast speed?

    -Would it be too expensive in the case I don't like the archmage playstile to regret into dual void battery?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IzonoGames
    [link] [comments]

    Necro support leveling

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Hey, next league i want to start duo play with my buddy. I'll be necro aurabot and he'll be prolly playing roa deadeye. We want to practice before league start and I would be greatly appreciated if you guys give us some tips. For example what is the best skill choice before fully switching to aurabot around level 30 and which auras should I prioritize. As only two man party I think that one damage aura, purity of elements, smite and probably precision is the way to go, but I want to hear what's your opinion. As I said before any tips will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

    submitted by /u/harnas_lover
    [link] [comments]

    leveling tree before getting the mandatory unique

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    Greatings exiles !

    i come to you today because i was thinking about a self-cast fire salvo build and while lurking on POE.NINJA to get somme inspiration i found a build that may work and i know i'll enjoy this playstyle.

    It's a selfcast magma orb (and just adapting the support gems, add flame wall and modifying some QoL gems seems doable)

    BUT it use Crown of the Inward Eye and i don't know how to tweak the tree to be viable while farming before getting this helmet. it's affordable even at league strat (35 chaos 1rst day down to 5, 3 days later)

    here is the PoB

    i worked a bit on keeping the main path removing the mana an ES, keeping the block, adding % life fire damage and spell damage but, i'm not sure if it's good enough.

    Some help are requiered :)

    : shout out to Mastral for creating this build

    submitted by /u/Inialla
    [link] [comments]

    lf flameblast ignite feedback

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    hello.
    I skipped the last league so i am not really up to date about poe.
    For the upcoming heist league i would like to play a flameblast ignite build.

    During Delirium i played a trickster mom fb ignite build and i was doing fine.
    I only had trouble with those despawning mobs which could fuck up my ignite spread.

    So i would like to know... did some changes happen in the last league which influences this playstyle?
    Is it still playable? Should i avoid it?

    I am already tracking ggg with all their new announcements... cant wait for further detaila (patchnotes)
    The void sphere is looking interesting to gather mobs and fuck them up with an ignite

    Edit:
    Oh f...
    I missed it but the sphere i removing the corpses as well damnit

    submitted by /u/Yuzlol
    [link] [comments]

    Cold build

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    I was looking to see if there was a cold build where I can drop a spell and then it either expands or spreads outward. I thought I had seen one before but can't find it now. The creeping frost video I watched didn't look like what I'm asking about.

    submitted by /u/Redditatemyhomework
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel