• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - October 23, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - October 23, 2020


    Questions Thread - October 23, 2020

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Questions Thread - October 23, 2020

    This is a general question thread on October 23, 2020. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the Wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in the #any-question channel in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new. We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Be careful what you wish for...

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Seriously though why does my character look like this after hundreds of hours in heist/maps...

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Unique concept idea

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    I finally filled a tab full of mirrors

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    I think it would be great to have an actual % count on/around the alert bar

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    Cyclone AS not affected by tailwind or action speed - intended?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    Cyclone attack speed is not changed by modifiers to action speed, despite what Path of Building would suggest. However the animation where your character starts spinning becomes slower/faster.

    https://youtu.be/kkdELKOk7Q0?t=205

    This is a video of someone using two setups, one with Tailwind OFF on left and Tailwind ON in the right. She's using a COC cyclone setup with Trypanon which has the modifier "Attacks with this weapon always deals critical strikes" or something of the lines. You can see that the COC triggers at the same rate for both setups and no other differences.

    Do you guys think this mechanic is intended?

    Either way, may be important for cyclone builds, especially COC builds - when calculating Cyclone attack speed threshold make sure your character is not set up to be affected by tailwind.

    submitted by /u/feedmegears
    [link] [comments]

    Just dropped x2 Mirrors of Kalandra in Heist... WTF?!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    RIP my 20 ex I left at the start of the league to come back later when I would have more time...

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    My hardest decision this league

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    Just wanted to point out that today uber lab is very short with no golden door (may want to be careful on izaro phase 1 though)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    Ask me a PoE question then edit your question to make me look like a dick

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    Just a slow day today.

    submitted by /u/_Widdershins__
    [link] [comments]

    2008 has nothing on this

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Just finished my grind to level 100 in HSC. 95% of that done in T15/T16 maps. Not a single twins unique contract. About 30~ other unique contracts.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Title. These guys really hide!

    submitted by /u/tfblade_audio
    [link] [comments]

    Heist Cheat Sheet Final: All in One Edition

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    Part II: Finished model of the Bane skill gem (printable? , Vaal & Cave render coming soon)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    My motivation to continue playing Heist

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    Apparently, 2152 is less than 2112 ��

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    [Guide] How to metacraft your items. A use for exalts.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    With exalt prices dropping so fast, I thought to myself "Wow, metacrafting might be pretty viable this league" but I know it's a pretty standard-y crafting method and wasn't sure how many people knew how to do it. Figured I'd make a guide.
     

    So the next question you might have is:

    What is metacrafting?

    Metacrafting involves creating a "base" item with three really good prefixes or suffixes, usually t1 mods. After you have acquired such base (by using fossils, alts/aug/regal, essences/annuls/slamming, you get the point) you are now ready to metacraft. Be warned, this process usually requires hundreds, if not thousands of exalted orbs.

     

    How do I go about metacrafting?

    The process has many steps, and depending on if you hit your desired mods you may go back to step 1 or 2. Almost everything takes place at the crafting bench though.
    It is extremely important to note: Your base must have exactly 3 prefixes or suffixes for this to work.

     
    Step 0: (You only have to do this step if you have a mix of prefixes and suffixes on your item) If you're starting with perfect prefixes, craft prefixes cannot be changed and then use an orb of scouring on your item. Vice versa for suffixes.
     

    Step 1: Go to the bench and block a common mod that you do not want on your item. For example.. +10 mana. That means you will not hit mana when you slam it.
     

    Step 2: Slam that exalted orb. If you hit a mod you wanted, slam the item again. If you hit another mod you wanted then you are done! If you hit a bad mod, go to step 4.
    If you hit a bad mod but it blocks a lot of mods.. slam the item as well. At this point, go to step 3.
    Generally, you're going to be slamming twice.

     

    Step 3: For your second slam, did you hit a t1 mod you wanted to hit? If so it is time to annul. go to step 4.
    If your second slam hit another bad mod, go back to step 0  

    Step 4: At this step, you should have: Your perfect prefixes/suffixes, one good mod, one bad mod, and one crafted mod. Craft (Prefixes/Suffixes) cannot be changed, and it is now time to play the Orb of Annulment RNG game.
    Annul your item in hopes of taking away the bad non-crafted suffix. This works because Annul orbs obey the bench craft of "____ cannot be changed". Keep in mind, you can also annul off the ____ cannot be changed, which costs 2 exalts to put back on every time you remove it.

    If you took away the mod you didn't want, go back to step 1

    If you took away the good mod, you can slam to try and get it back. If you got another good mod, restart step 4. If you slammed and are left with two bad mods, you're going back to step 0
     

    And there you have it. I recommend watching a youtube video of someone meta-crafting to get a visual grasp on it. And please, for the love of Dominus, don't scour your item without crafting fixes cannot be changed first.

    submitted by /u/Beverice
    [link] [comments]

    Selected Heist banter

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    The banter between NPCs is definitely one of the better parts of Heist. There's over a thousand lines of it in total, way too much to fit in a Reddit post, but I wanted to share some of my favourites.


    Isla: Tullina, how do you feel about having large, electrified metal rods jutting from your spine?
    Tullina: Strongly disfavourable.
    Isla: What about your skull?
    Tullina: That isn't better.
    Isla: Got it. Legs it is.


    Vinderi: Who would like to hear my bordello story?
    Tullina: No-one say yes.
    Vinderi: I promise it is very, very graphic.
    Tullina: No-one say yes.


    Nenet: The snakes leave the rabbit's nest bare and barren.
    Tullina: You should write that down, Nenet. That was beautiful.
    Nenet: I do not have a diary, and do not dare look for it!


    Niles: Glorious, glorious, glorious. I sup the wine of victory from fate's breast.
    Tullina: What... vivid imagery.
    Niles: When we return, I shall paint it for you. A gift.
    Tullina: Please don't.


    Tullina: Job looks straightforward enough.
    Tibbs: Easier than the Belltower gig.
    Tullina: You never were fond of heights.
    Tibbs: Everything's just a bit higher up for me than most people.
    Tullina: Or spiders.
    Tibbs: All the eyes and legs! Who needs that many?
    Tullina: Or ghosts.
    Tibbs: What're you supposed to do when a ghost attacks! Kill 'em? They're already bloody dead!


    Tullina: Hello, all.
    Vinderi: Tullina! I was just talking about you.
    Tullina: You were?
    Vinderi: Yes. I was just saying to Tullina that I was talking about her.
    Tullina: ...Huh?
    Vinderi: Just now!
    Tullina: I don't--
    Vinderi: That reminds me! Did I tell you that I was just talking to Tullina? She says hello.


    Tullina: Hope I didn't keep you waiting.
    Niles: What exquisite torture it is to wait for one as beautiful as yourself.
    Tullina: Niles, do we really need to do this every time?
    Niles: Until I wear you down.
    Tullina: Or, I suppose, until I slit your throat?
    Kurai: Quiet. Both of you. Tullina, no more threatening Niles. Niles, stop making everyone uncomfortable.
    Niles: Ha! I doubt I'm making everyone--
    Tullina: You are.
    Kurai: You are.
    Tullina: So stop.


    Tibbs: I'm packed and ready.
    Tullina: Gil, always a pleasure.
    Tibbs: Well, maybe not always, eh?
    Tullina: The Bleakworth Alley job?
    Tibbs: I still have those nightmares. I wake up feeling like I'm covered in spiders.
    Tullina: Well now we know to look for webs. And eggs. And legs. And, if it happens again, I'll put you out of your misery. Sound good?
    Tibbs: ...Ehh... Thanks, I guess.


    Isla: I've just had the best idea.
    Tullina: We're actually in the middle of--
    Isla: Picture a wall, but completely transparent. You can stand on one side and see everything on the other side, but you can't touch it.
    Tullina: A window.
    Isla: That's--, no, that's different. Windows are different. This is larger and more transparent. You're just not getting it. Just forget about it. What's your thing?
    Tullina: The heist we're planning?
    Isla: Yeah, let's do your thing.


    Vinderi: Greetings one and all!
    Tullina: Nice to see you, Vinderi.
    Vinderi: Ah! Isla, how are your brilliant inventions?
    Tullina: Tullina.
    Vinderi: Wonderful. Is that some new slang term?
    Tullina: No, I'm Tul--
    Vinderi: These plans are absolutely, what was it? Tullina? These plans are tullina, pal!
    Tullina: It's my na--
    Vinderi: Thank you for introducing me to this tullina new word, Isla.


    Huck: Team.
    Tullina: Huck.
    Huck: Tullina.
    Huck: (pause)
    Huck: What's ne--
    Tullina: So how's--
    Huck: You go--
    Tullina: Sorry, you were--
    Huck: I was just going to ask--
    Tullina: What I was trying to--
    Huck: I--
    Tullina: You--
    Kurai: How about we just have a little quiet time, hmm?
    Tullina: Thanks Kurai.
    Huck: ...Thanks Kurai, yeah, thank you.


    Tibbs: I am absolutely bloody exhausted.
    Adiyah: This way, Mr Tibbs. A warm bath awaits you.
    Tibbs: With bubbles?
    Adiyah: We are not strangers. Countless bubbles.


    Isla: Tibbs, are you left or right handed?
    Tibbs: Right... Why?
    Isla: So the evil reflection is still at large...
    Tibbs: The--... wait, what?


    Tibbs: G'day
    Karst: There 'e is. Big boy Tibbs.
    Tibbs: Do we have to do this every time?
    Karst: Oh c'mon. Just havin' a little fun.
    Tibbs: Fine, get it over with.
    Karst: Tibbs is so tall, that he... uh... He's so tall, that...
    Tibbs: Uh huh?
    Karst: Just wait. He's so tall... that...
    Karst: ... Look how tall Tibbs is everyone!
    Tibbs: Good try, champ. Now we grownups can focus on the job.


    Tibbs: Hello everyone.
    Vinderi: Ribs!
    Tibbs: Tibbs.
    Vinderi: Tight! Ribs! Err, right! Tibbs! I've got a new formula for you to try.
    Tibbs: Oh yeah?
    Vinderi: Just like the last one, but I've enriched the quicksilver with Chimeral blood. Really gives it a kick.
    Tibbs: Sounds promising.
    Vinderi: Just don't give it an actual kick.
    Tibbs: Good. I won't. Thank you for the warning.
    Vinderi: Anytibbs, Time.


    Gianna: Your star has arrived.
    Vinderi: Already? I thought we had at least a few weeks! What do we do?! WHAT DO WE DO!?
    Gianna: No, no! Vin! Me! I mean me!
    Vinderi: What!? Oh, thank the gods.
    Gianna: What did you think was happening?
    Vinderi: Nothing! Nothing! Just... if a living flame asks after me, I'm not here.


    Vinderi: Bit of advice from an old hand: Whatever you do, and this is really, really important,
    Vinderi: so listen carefully. Don't, and I repeat, don't, DO NOT, forget to follow this advice. Here it is:
    Vinderi: I suggest you listen, because if you listen, you'll really take it on board.
    Vinderi: Too many of your generation forget to listen, especially when good advice is being given.
    Vinderi: Are you listening? Don't get distracted.
    Vinderi: It's easy to hear someone, but listening and hearing are two totally different things. So don't just hear; listen.
    Vinderi: Here. Where? What?
    Vinderi: What are you looking at me for?
    Vinderi: We're on a job. Don't just stare at me. Focus!
    Vinderi: Ridiculous.
    Vinderi: Why do they keep taking on these glassy-eyed dimwits.


    Vinderi: Found a weird mole this morning. Nenet?
    Nenet: No.
    Vinderi: Will you--
    Nenet: No.
    Vinderi: --take a look--
    Nenet: No.
    Vinderi: --at this mole later?
    Nenet: No.
    Nenet: ...Fine.


    Isla: Let's get to it!
    Kurai: I've never known you to be excited for this part, Isla.
    Isla: I better be! We've only got a few hours!
    Kurai: Why?
    Isla: It's not a major concern. The spores are currently harmless. Just have to be back to my devices before my vivarium germinates.
    Kurai: Your what?!
    Isla: Hurry now, let's get the job done!


    Nenet: I'm here. What is that ticking noise?
    Isla: Is it a tunk... tunk... tunk, or more of a tick, tick, tick?
    Nenet: The second one.
    Isla: You can hear that?
    Nenet: I have very good ears.
    Isla: Indeed!
    Nenet: Are you... going to check on that ticking?
    Isla: Oh no, that won't go off for several hours, probably.
    Nenet: Your confidence is my confidence.


    Isla: Oh, Nenet, there you are. I had a minor breakthrough on that humanoid golem you asked for.
    Nenet: Why are you bringing that up here?!
    Isla: The thing is, I can't get his movement right. He's as stiff as granite, which is to be expected. Also, he doesn't cook very well.
    Nenet: Sands swallow me, so that I die right here...


    Faustus: What do your people think about what happened in Oriath?
    Whakano: Barbers, sir?
    Faustus: Karui! Are they dancing round their totems singing the praises of the return of their saviour?
    Whakano: Kitava is no saviour. Far from it. Kitava is symbolic of death, of the end of all things.
    Faustus: Eh? I thought that was, uh, hinny--something.
    Whakano: Hinekora? The Mother of Death is the steward of our souls, but she has no great desire to destroy us. It's a common misunderstanding among your people.
    Faustus: Eternals?
    Whakano: Captains. I cannot speak for all Karui, but personally, I feel a great sadness for Oriath. Many people lost their lives, their homes, their families. Good people. Bad people too, but even bad people should have the opportunity to reflect on their misdeeds and change. Kitava took that opportunity away.
    Faustus: Quite right. Quite right.


    Faustus: Strange turn of events, eh Karui?
    Whakano: Are you speaking to me, sir?
    Faustus: Never imagined my people living peacefully with your people, let alone on your lands!
    Whakano: No? Some would say you've been living on Karui islands for generations.
    Faustus: Well, they were our islands by then, weren't they? Anyway, perhaps I should thank you.
    Whakano: Me?
    Faustus: Though our beautiful metropolis is now but smoldering ruins, you have given us a new home. A chance to build society anew. Hope.
    Whakano: I didn't do any of that, sir.
    Faustus: You know what I mean! Learn to accept a compliment.
    Whakano: I'm sorry, sir. Allow me to return a compliment: Thank you for not trampling our homes, taking our children, our brothers and sisters, our wives and husbands, and binding their arms and legs when you washed ashore. Thank you for limiting your recolonisation to one island, and for breaking only a few of our laws and traditions in these early days.
    Faustus: You're very welcome. See? It's not hard.

    submitted by /u/justathetan
    [link] [comments]

    Exalts this league...

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    [HSC] Just crafted my dream shield [mana res/sblock/aura eff, 278 es]

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    My friend and I dropped a mirror after running our first 100% deli burial chambers and only 2400 combined play hours

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    The last second before lockdown was more like 0.25 seconds, causing me to miss it. Bug?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    Offering "Experimental Base Types", "Heist Enchantment" and "40% Alternate Quality" challenges. Free

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    Edited: NOT DOING RIGHT NOW. Will be doing in 6-8 hours.

    PM ched_nono, will be online for couple hours

    Please, only one message, like "hi, need challenges". Try NOT TO add me as friend if possible.

    You may need to wait for 20-30min, but you will get your challenges anyway, no worries, I remember.

    submitted by /u/ched_21h
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel