• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 15, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - November 15, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - November 15, 2020


    Questions Thread - November 15, 2020

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 04:07 PM PST

    Questions Thread - November 15, 2020

    This is a general question thread on November 15, 2020. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the Wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in the #any-question channel in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new. We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    TIL there's an invisible wall object available for hideouts from Zana...

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:24 AM PST

    As a newish player I found PoE is oddly hardcore and casual friendly at the same time

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 02:50 AM PST

    Over the years I've given PoE several tries and it never stick. First time I tried to make a build of my own and ofc it failed miserably, I got stuck around level 40. Second time I followed a guide in SC perma league, finished the story campaign with a not-too-newbie-friendly build, and lost interest at the very start of mapping.

    Time goes by now I'm a middle aged dad with a young kid, got bored of all the shallow money/attention grabbing games, I thought to give it another go. This time I'll play the filthiest, most casual way possible, and play the temporary league (Heist) that I always hesitated to get into. Wrecker_of_days' stress free zombie build got my attention: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2687589 It claimed to require almost no skill or gearing, and it was true! I flew through the campaign into early mapping without trading, still going strong.

    The thrill of getting progressively stronger and just watching a complex build coming together to be OP is hell of a drug. I may have put too many hours into the game in the past week. But the casual side of it was what's really surprised me.

    For one thing, this is the only online game I've played that doesn't disconnect me for however long I AFK. I left PoE running in the background for hours in the middle of a Lab run. When I came back I was so glad that my character was still standing where I left it.

    Mapping is also very casual friendly given how short each one is and you could just leave at pretty much any point (except during an event or the boss fight maybe). The only problem was that I always wanted to do one more map..

    I realised my mapping is extremely slow and undisciplined, it might take me quite a while to progress. Then I found chaos recipe. Researching the various ways of doing the recipe optimally was quite a chore, but I ended up settling in a pretty casual rhythm that fits my play style. Nothing crazy but I know exactly how far I am from my next batch of chaos, with very little overhead to my normal gameplay.

    Guess my point is, PoE feels like a fresh air that doesn't insult player's ability of thinking and problem solving. It is immensely complex but precisely because it is complex, it has the potential to support however hardcore or casual play styles. I used to pretend I was a hardcore gamer that could get into the deep side of it quickly, but I really wasn't. Now that I am fixated to play it the most casual way possible, it became infinitely more enjoyable.

    I see people theory crafting and min-maxing all the time on the forums, but rarely talking about casual new player experience. I believe under the hood of daunting complexity, there is pure unadulterated old school fun. It would be a shame for any avid gamer to miss out. Maybe there's something this community could do to put together some more casual friendly guidance, something like "PoE for dummies"? I know there are many good materials around but I found it lacking a single, up to date, definitive one stop shop. It would be even better from the developer themselves so that it would be more accessible and have better longevity.

    submitted by /u/slicevege
    [link] [comments]

    After 14 hours, 2 bottles of wine and 4 pints of beer I finally killed uber Hillock in Ziz Gauntlet, got Oni-Goroshi and won nothing

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:31 AM PST

    Prophecies stack when?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 05:37 PM PST

    Finally didn’t poof.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 01:12 PM PST

    1 Year Ago, PoE 2 Was Announced.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 01:13 PM PST

    [Hideout] Elven Forest (Hideout competition entry)

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 04:41 AM PST

    You see those splinters? I can't pick them up. Can we please increase pickup radius beyond absurd T-Rex arms?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 05:46 PM PST

    Completed 36 challenges for the first league ever!

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 07:27 AM PST

    MinMaxing Fire BV

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 08:30 AM PST

    I recently finished MinMaxing my Fire BV Assassin and since i'm pretty proud of the result i decided to share my gear and overall build decisions.

    Path of Building

    PoE Ninja (Gear is correct but for accurate Stats check PoB)

    DISCLAIMERS:

    • This is a "meta build" , meaning it's really popular and well-known. The goal of this post is not to be a Build Guide, but mostly just a showcase of a fairly MinMaxed character that might give some inspiration to others trying to improve their gear, not just from a budget standpoint but mostly on an efficency standpoint.
    • I perfectly know that MinMaxing a build to this extend has little to no actual effect on the gameplay, i just enjoy trying to get as much value as i can out of my gear.
    • The build is pretty expensive, but the budget is not infinite, so some options had to be discarded due to their cost.

    STATS:

    • The goal of the build was to be as tanky as possible while not giving up efficent dps and speed mods/nodes. DPS is around 20M with current settings but i'll go more in-depth later.Other fancy stats: 7.9K (Life+ES), Chaos Resistance Capped, 11 Power and Frenzy Charges,Life/ES leech, 235% elusive effect and equal elemental resistances (Gotta get that wise oak value :P)
    • As previously mentioned DPS is ~20M but it's very reliant on Buffs/Debuffs or PoB settings.in the PoB linked at the top of the post i'm using the following settings:- Herald of Ash- Arcane Surge (1 cast of Dash)- Max power and frenzy- Fire exposure, Ele weakness, Flammability, ignite (1 cast of wave of conviction)- Aspect of the spider 3 stacks- Flasks, Enemy on consecrated ground- 1 nearby Rare or Unique (Pretty questionable, up only on some bosses, ~4M)- Vaal RF is turned OFF (~4.5M)- RF is turned OFF (~6M)

    With EVERYTHING turned on the DPS is 36M but that's very unrealistic(RF is very dangerous and I only use it when i want to delete a boss and i'm leaving the map right after, basically just shaper guardians and conquerors)

    GEAR:

    • I decided to go with the Badge + Batteries variant since my goal was to have a very quick and fairly tanky character for mapping. The Bow version can do 3 or even 4 times as much dps but is way squishier and loses value from the Badge (Usually not even used in the bow version), "Cooldown recovery rate of travel skill" is great and "Elusive Effect" grants both extra speed and tankiness. Also the DPS with batteris is still way more than enough to kill any map boss or guardian in seconds.
    • Rest of the gear was just regular Fire BV items with as much life as i could get while trying to cap Chaos and Elemental resistances. (Gloves and Helmet where both lucky selfcrafts). Flasks, Jewels and Gems are also fairly optimized but not really worth getting into (Anomalous Portal 2 btw).
    • A few things could still be improved, Tailwind on boots would be great but it's not really realistic to manage to fit it while keeping the resistances capped. The chest could be enchanted with tailoring orbs, but i didnd't think it would be worth, considering the cost. The real upgrade i'm still trying to get is another +1 max power charges ring with Herald effect, but there aren't any in the market for a price lower than 1 mirror sadly. And i'm still missing the 26% quality on my cindersallow (Please help!).

    SHORT CLIPS:

    • You have all probably seen this build in action a million times, but i'll still leave a couple of videos in case you are curios of how the build looks (Just like any other fire bv).I have no idea why the videos are so dark on Youtube. They were just fine as .mp4 before uploading.
    • 4 Minutes of Toxic Sewers
    • Minotaur Clear

    In case you are wondering the total value of the items at the time i'm posting is around 1.25mirrors or 750ex, but you could probably get the build at 98% of the power for less than half as much.although the actual difficult part was the hours put into research and calculations (Goddamn equal resistances).

    Being a post about a Meta Build (we all know how much this sub-reddit loves meta builds) i'm not expecting much positive responses, but incase some of you have any questions or even suggestions i'll be happy to read some comments.

    Edit 1: Minotaur Clear (Not so dark)

    submitted by /u/G1NOs
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Calculating Expected returns from gambles with prime regrading lens.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 08:24 AM PST

    I made a simple google spread sheet for fast calculation on what type of gems might be worth to gamble on with prime regarding lens, with 3 different gamble scenarios.

    Link @ Alt Q. Gem Gamble

    To use the sheet, copy it (need to be logged in to gmail account) and than you can change the values. Than you need to enter (highlighted fields in the sheet):

    1. Weight of each quality as found on poedb.
    2. Cost of each gem.
    3. Cost of prime regarding lens.

    After that you will see the expected avg. profit from 3 gambling ventures:

    1. Using the prime lens on superior (normal) gem and selling any result.
    2. Using the prime lens on the bad alt. quality gem and selling any result.
    3. Using the prime lens on superior gem. if you hit good alt. quality, you sell it. If you hit the bad alt. quality, you use prime lens on it again.

    You should than pick the result that give best Avg. Gross profit % (basically how much chaos you get back per 1 chaos spent).Fare warning: Though I double check the math, I of course recommend you go over it yourself before you make any big investment based on the spreadsheet. If you don't have the require knowledge to do so, just wait on the thread and see replies, I'm sure other math geek around here will go over it and post their impression.Also, if someone find an error, please post a comment and if I check it to be true, I will update the spread sheet accordingly.

    Before I go into the math, I should explain that prime regrading lens will re roll a gem quality to a new type, not already on the gem. That is, superior (normal) gem can only roll into alt. quality and non-normal gem can only roll into normal or the other type of alt. quality.

    From poedb you can get the weight of each quality type, for example for determination the weights are: 50/100/10 for Superior/Anomalous /Divergent respectively.

    You can see than, that if you use the lens on a superior gem, you have 100/110 (~91%) to roll anomalous (flop) or 10/110 (~9%) to roll divergent (win).

    if however you roll on an anomalous gem, you have 50/60 (~83%) to roll superior (flop) or 10/60 (17%) to roll divergent (win).

    Therefore, in a world where all the non divergent determination cost the same, you can almost double you winning chance by rolling on anomalous gem, instead of superior one.However, since this is already relatively common knowledge, the price of anomalous determination reflect it, and while you can get regular determination basically free from the vendor, the anomalous variant sell for 25-30 chaos on the trade site, even though, to the best of my knowledge, no meta build use it.

    The sheet I made take this into account to find the best gambling strategy based on the price of each gem and the chance to roll the good alt. quality variant from either the normal/bad alt. quality gem.

    For those that are interested in the math it pretty simple statistics. I will use the determination gem weights + giving anomalous gem cost of 30c and divergent gem cost of 915c (about 10.5ex) so all the formulas will have numbers + will try to put the calculation in words for those that might find it easier to understand:

    **For gamble strat 1:**cost: normal gem cost + lens cost. (fix cost per try)
    avg return: [(100/110)\30] +[ (10/110)*915]*
    (91% to win 30c + 9% to win 915c)

    **For gamble strat. 2:**cost: anomalous gem + lens cost. (fix cost per try)
    avg. return: [(50/60)\0]+[(10/60)*915]*
    (83% to win 0c + 17% to win 915c)

    **For gamble strat. 3:**cost: [(100/110)*lens cost] + [(10/110)*2 lens cost].
    variable cost: (91%\2 lens cost) + (9%*1 lens cost)*
    avg. return: [(10/110)\915] + (100/110)*{[0*(50/60]+[915*[10/60]}*
    (9% to win 915c) + 91% to (83% to win 0c + 17% to win 915c).

    You should also take into account that this is the AVERAGE return, that is, that will be your profit if you gamble very large amount of gems. In real life, where the amount of tries is limited, you can go into a bad streak and burn all your currency before you manage to hit a good streak to offset the loss (and of course, opposite can happen as well).

    Good luck in your gambles exiles.

    submitted by /u/BabaYadaPoe
    [link] [comments]

    "Greediness" - the allocation we need

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 04:28 AM PST

    There are free Infused Beachheads, free Cowards Trial, free XP leech anywhere, if you don't loot a thing. But still some jerks steal the ex drop or all the ancient shards. Having all loot allocated to the map owner would be so great. I would do tons of free Infused Beachheads or 5-ways for the XP leecher, if we would have such allocation. But my own experience in doing those "pls don't loot" stuff were a yoinking nightmare from annulment to mirror shards.

    submitted by /u/Vloralys
    [link] [comments]

    [Hideout Competition] Moenkopi Badlands (Dinosaur Digsite) - No MTX

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:22 AM PST

    Just finished leveling from 99 to 100 in ilvl 83 tunnel & repository contracts. Here are some numbers

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 04:33 AM PST

    INTRO

    My gear have 10% increased xp gain total in my rings and weapons. No IIQ/IIR gear

    All my rogue are equipped with t1 "increased heist target value" brooch. The rest of their gears are random.

    Random contacts are chosen based on tunnels & repository tileset, except no lockpicking and deception.

    All contracts are rolled rare with "reward rooms have #% increased monsters".

    Running method: open all reward room chests, get heist target, go out & in 3 times while clearing all spawn points.

    THE NUMBERS

    Total number of contracts run: 87

    Average xp per run: 1.15%

    Average duration per run: 5 mins 30 sec

    SOME FUN FACTS

    I leveled 6 lvl 1 enhance at 40% xp in, all which leveled to lvl 3 at 90% xp in.

    Of all 6 enhance gem vaaled, 1 became lvl 4, 3 remained lvl 3, 2 became lvl 2.

    At 60% xp in, i equip a trinket with "4% dropped items are corrupted. Total corrupted 6L i got while leveling to 100: 11. That means average no. of runs per 6L drop: 3.18.

    submitted by /u/mojo1221
    [link] [comments]

    Luckiest moment of my entire life.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 10:37 AM PST

    Luckiest moment of my entire life.

    I know this may be to crazy to believe but I decided to gamble a bit of currency I had through buying unidentified uber elder jewels and i'ding them for fun so I decided to buy two. The two i happened to ID back to back turned out to be a double pride, and triple anger jewel. This is the luckiest moment of my life not even just POE like of my entire life. My apologies if a brag post like this isnt allowed, im just sorta shocked.

    https://preview.redd.it/qx6w07we7gz51.png?width=1049&format=png&auto=webp&s=621663903394dfbca86a4b654c3036c5458fa1dd

    submitted by /u/Derokk
    [link] [comments]

    Feeling pretty bummed (SSF dream build woes)

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 12:42 PM PST

    In a small group (3.5 players) private server, two at 36 challenges so far, and here's the progress of my dream build (max block flicker strike gladiator):

    1. 6L replica Farruls? Check
    2. The Surrender? Check
    3. Well rolled Abyssus? Check
    4. Well rolled Paradoxica? Check
    5. Bottled Faith? Check
    6. Intuitive Leap? Check
    7. Well rolled shaper boots for easy ailment immune? Check
    8. Veritable mountain of exalts and other currency to fill gear gaps? Check
    9. A single Belt/boots/gloves/ring/amulet with Aspect of the Cat? Negative, after countless T3 Jorgin/Fortification farms, Delving for beast nodes, and mountains of einhar missions/scarabs (crab, spider, fragment, copy, etc. beasts, no farruls).

    It's anguish-inducing to be so close to the build, and be kept from it by an item that costs less than an exalt on trade league. Even got a badge of the brotherhood drop weeks ago.

    To anyone sorting by new that reads this, thanks for listening.

    :(

    submitted by /u/Lachrimosis
    [link] [comments]

    First time trying HC. RNGesus rewards my efforts early on

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 10:26 AM PST

    Well, 6-3=5?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:54 PM PST

    When gloves have multiple curses on hit but you're only able to inflict one, what happens?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 11:27 AM PST

    Do they alternate? Does the one with higher effectiveness take priority? The trigger order entry on the wiki doesn't seem to mention it.

    submitted by /u/Eh_Hole
    [link] [comments]

    Dealing with Bandits Respawn?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 02:19 PM PST

    I was in a party during act two which I later left to ensure I got the appropriate bandit quest for my build. When I get to Oak, I see my old party members from the group I was no longer part of engaged with Oak, and they kill him while I am locked outside. Oak is now dead, and I cannot get his amulet.

    Does Oak respawn, or is my character forever doomed to not get any bandit traits?

    Note. This is not a question of "changing my reward". The 20x scouring orbs + amulet does not solve the problem I am experiencing.

    submitted by /u/Amdiraniphani
    [link] [comments]

    I’d like to see secondary weapon slot have a better use in PoE2

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 02:19 PM PST

    Right now it's just a stale lame mechanic with the sole purpose of leveling gems. I'd like to see this get integrated more purposefully gameplay wise.

    submitted by /u/GrimReaperzZ
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel