• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 18, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - March 18, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - March 18, 2021


    Questions Thread - March 18, 2021

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just found a way to keep my eyes on Arcane Cloak

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    never made a phys weapon before. anyway, here's wonderwall.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 11:30 PM PDT

    Best item i've made so far in league, [RSC] Wanted something decent for My life based RF, got this instead :D

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 09:11 AM PDT

    Respawning in hideout instead of town

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:43 AM PDT

    After years and thousands of hours of playing, the additional loading times just from this filled the metaphorical glass, why isn't there an option somewhere that we can check to respawn us in our hideout instead of having to go through towns every.single.time.

    With the crashes, dc's, instance losses, etc. some QoL by having less loading would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/RyuuuSeiDany
    [link] [comments]

    Bestiary need long overdue overhaul to beast interface.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    Bestiary need long overdue overhaul to beast interface.

    So, I did for the first time this league beast farming in Lira Arthain zone.Good news -finally saw farric tiger alpha , and 5 of them at that, (been playing since incursion way too many hours) and lot more rare and useful beasts (7 split/9 imprint/7 r suffix a prefix and other bestiary bosses), all in a span of bout running 100 maps with gilded bestiary scarabs and related carftable watch stones.

    Bad news - remembering there is a cap on how many beasts you can hold, I went to my bestiary after running the 100 maps and than it hit me that I still have lot of shitty red beast that I will either have to waste lot of time to run them, or waste lot of chaos and painful clicking to get rid off, otherwise, they will just clog my bestiary and may cause useful beast to be released, once I go over the cap.

    So for now, it was the first and last time I will do this.

    Now I know players are very good at seeing problems in games, but offering solutions might not be our strongest suite, but imo, we really need an easy way to delete unwanted beasts and easy way to mass store them in bestiary orbs, like somewhat in the mock GUI I added below. To be frank, I be happy to even have just mass "release all" /"capture all" buttons for filtered beasts, instead of current alternatives.

    https://preview.redd.it/v0bxbef34tn61.jpg?width=874&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=248d2949d030694674aafe59fd7b4f594355315b

    submitted by /u/BabaYadaPoe
    [link] [comments]

    Crafted a pretty wicked Int Stack Jeweled Foil - Sorrow Hunger

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    The Zizorgasm - Let the memes begin.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    One socket resonator should not exist anymore.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    Fossil crafting is tedious, and there's no point of resonator if you're only planning on using one fossil. Multisocket resonators make sense, but one socket don't; just use the fossil directly. They are currency after all. That was my favorite part of harvest, but with the amount of crafts being reduced, I would love it if my fossil crafting was at least better. I would rather chaos spam than fossil craft even.

    submitted by /u/Regooloos
    [link] [comments]

    Toxic Rain stops dealing damage randomly, possible similar to bleed damage overflow?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 01:43 PM PDT

    Completed 40/40 challenges. Now willing to help anyone else for free.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    Accuracy-stacking Ballista Bow

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 11:17 PM PDT

    I like Harvest's crafting mechanics, but farming for Harvest could be made more fun

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:12 AM PDT

    Farming Harvest currently means running alch and go Haewark maps, checking Zana, rushing the boss for map/mission sustain, leaving if there's no Harvest, and repeating. This is not a fun gameplay loop and one that discourages killing monsters, investing in maps, or engaging with league encounters.

    I suggest instead of a chance of the sacred grove randomly spawning in maps, crafts should somehow be related to killing monsters and to item quantity. Feel free to leave ideas in comments if you agree.

    submitted by /u/Daniel_AV
    [link] [comments]

    So i decided to double Corrupt my Chest....

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 04:55 AM PDT

    While GGG improved the Map Overlay + Minimap years ago, both leave a lot to be desired...

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    I see a lot of people still having to play with the overlay ON like 90% of the time. The only one that surprises me is Alkaizer I think (he keeps looking to the right - minimap, don't know how he does it)

    Personally, PoE is still the only Arpg in which I cannot navigate using the side minimap...

    And I wouldn't have a problem if the transparency of the Overlay map didn't have to be adjusted depending on the area because it often conflicts with the ground textures / colors of the area. In Heists for example, I set it to like 50%.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Garret_Poe
    [link] [comments]

    Mathil #2 RIP in Gauntlet - Boss 360 noscopes his ass

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 02:45 PM PDT

    Layouts of most Atlas Maps

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:43 AM PDT

    League: Heist

    I made screenshots of the layouts of most of the maps as I wanted them for reference.
    Don't know if useful, maybe useful. Layouts vary of course and may also change in new leagues.

    Numbers are X-YY, where 'X' where 1 is good, 5 is terrible, based on visibility/lighting, pathing, and space to maneuver. 'YY' is how much I hate the boss.

    Google Drive Folder Link

    I could've cropped these but I'm lazy.

    submitted by /u/bismarkbutt
    [link] [comments]

    Hello. Newbie here. I feel like this game is too bloated for newbies ?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 07:14 PM PDT

    Long time mmorpg/diablo/looter shooter player here. Just started playing Poe while waiting for the Outriders release. I liked the game, however it feels way too bloated and complicated. Skill gem system is cool but i don't really know what my marauder supposed to use. There is no place to look and choose what you like. Skill tree is ridiculous. Stats are weird and there is no dmg numbers. Lots of armors, very limited inventory space etc... I overwhelmed a bit too much. Looking at a skill gem it has like 10 tags stating melee aoe etc etc etc. I've played the act 1 with all classes and reached act3 with my marauder so far. Are there any simple database to show me skill gems in a basic way like:

    Marauder AOE skills

    Marauder single target skills

    Marauder armor/support skills

    so i can pick what i like

    and then what support gem i should use with them ?

    I'm not asking for builds here, i'm asking tools to help me build my own build.

    Also how evasion, armor, energy shield works with str, dex, int class ? dex and int class can't have any armor ?

    Edit: I didn't expect this much interaction lol. I'm seeing amazing comments but can't answer everyone. Thank you for the comments.

    submitted by /u/Wellhellob
    [link] [comments]

    My first league I've tried some end-game bosses. practicing Sirus by pulling watchstones. Not the cleanest but deathless felt good.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 01:10 AM PDT

    Face tanking everything Sirius has to offer with cold pf bv

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 06:18 PM PDT

    Can someone explain the process of how to incrementally improve your gear this game?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    By that I mean, can someone lay out like their own process of gradually improving their gear as they progress a build from nothing towards their final goal? Because I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

    For example, this previous league I started as a caustic arrow trickster (not the best build, I know, but I love caustic arrow since its the first skill I ever used in this game). I got to maps well enough, did early maps fine... I start buying upgrades, my first few exalts went to a +3 chaos multi six link bow, another exalt or two went to a +1 chaos amulet and a chaos multi/life quiver, etc. That was enough to get me into early red maps.

    But then, as I said, I just hit a wall at that point... I would go on poe.ninja and look at the top caustic arrow builds and even like day two or three of the league, I would see people with level 4 empowers in a +2 support gem bow, +2/chaos multi amulets, double dot multi quivers, etc... And when I looked up those items to buy them myself, they would be tens of exalts each. I could play several hours a day the whole league and still not generate enough currency for those items and I see people having not just one but all of them within two-three days of the league launching.

    I am at a loss on how to get from point A to point B here.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Hartagon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel