• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    Path of Exile Builds "League Start" build guides that only show end game gear stresses me out.

    Path of Exile Builds "League Start" build guides that only show end game gear stresses me out.


    "League Start" build guides that only show end game gear stresses me out.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    So I've been playing and enjoying my BF/BB hierophant character since launch. Today I did A2 Sirus which was my first time ever spawning and killing him. I still have shaper/elder to do for the first time also but I kind of feel done. That was one of my big goals of the league and I have played the same build for almost 10 days straight. I figured maybe I'd look for a new build to play. Maybe even SSF and see how far I get. Try and get my head around crafting etc.

    I went on a hunt for build guides and minus the obvious like Ziz most build guides just show the endgame gear which is multipul ex. Something I don't have and also can't easily get. It stresses me out when I'm looking at this supposed "starter" build but see nothing starter about it. I guess a lot of people are very experianced with the game and getting to that gear won't take then very long. For people like me though? It makes me feel incapable of even trying to build because it already shuts me out.

    It sucks and I wish more guide writers would have a set of starter rares to give a little guidance and also not frighten people like me off from trying. I can't tell if your starter is a real starter or a "for people who know how to make 20ex in the first week" starter.

    submitted by /u/GivingItMyBest
    [link] [comments]

    Now that the league has settled, what would you guys recommend as a good all around build?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 09:03 PM PDT

    A normal build, with good clear speed, able to do A9, Maven, all those invitations, etc.

    Doesn't need to excel at anything, just be that safe bet you go back to to kill those bosses your new meme build can't deal with.

    submitted by /u/Obbama
    [link] [comments]

    Crazy tanky build V2, I'm back again, any more feedback?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    Hey guys, previous post here https://old.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/mtrgtl/crazy_tanky_build_need_help_finding_even_more/

    My new PoB! https://pastebin.com/bFJD5dNp

    Since that post, I've gotten some feedback, and now the build clears even better, and has more damage! You can see that I've been collecting a few items for the post (based on the item names, New Item is theoretical), but I'm still in white tier maps after sitting in PoB so long haha, I'm sure some of you can relate.

    So, the build: The entire build is now Crit, and can hit 5mil slams on Shaper (how below). 85% fire, 89% Chaos, 20-35% phys taken as fire. Body armour with extra curse (phys taken as fire extra later) for both curse on hit rings. Mark gives frenzies, PCoC supporting Infernal Cry's explosions gives Power charge uptime on bosses, frenzy uptime comes with the Mob Mentality uptime RNG.
    Also, Alt quality Tectonic slam for leech instead of Chieftan node, and cluster node takes care of mana.

    How to one shot map boss: 1-Get seismic cry down to final exert
    2-Use tectonic on air until next slam removes a charge
    3-Patiently warcry the air (or run around boss if possible to speed process up) until you get full power and frenzy.
    4-Run up to boss and use vaal totem. THEN get hit (Can be adjusted). Boss knowledge of incoming damage helps.
    5-This triggers Wave and Phase Run, then slam immediately.

    Anyways the clear with Infernal cry explosions and ignite prolif, and Tectonic slam's AoE, should be fine.
    I've included an 8c rapier I bought, similar stats but not double damage, so, less but still doable.

    What do you guys think??

    submitted by /u/parzival1423
    [link] [comments]

    Making a video about leech mechanics -- brainstorming help appreciated!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm the guy who made those videos on Petrified Blood. I'm working on my next video, which I'm hoping will be a comprehensive take on leech mechanics. This is going to be a very long video. I've got probably 15 minutes worth of video scripted out so far, and I haven't even begun to write about Slayer leech or Vaal Pact yet. So far, I've written about all of the leech modifiers in the game and have mathematical examples written out for them. These are the topics I plan to hit next (not necessarily in this order):

    • When to invest in different leech stats
    • Recovery rate modifiers
    • Vaal Pact
    • Persistent leech (Slayer / Petrified Blood / Essentia Sanguis)
    • Instant leech
    • Ghost Reaver
    • Immortal Ambition
    • Leech from minions/totems
    • Common leech-centric builds
    • Layering leech with other defenses
    • Devouring Totem and flask leech craft
    • "While leeching" modifiers (e.g. Energy Leech Support)
    • Leech vs. "gained on hit"

    Are there any major topics I'm forgetting about, or other minor interactions that are often confusing? I ended up getting a lot of unanticipated questions on my first Petrified Blood video, prompting me to address them in the second part. I want to minimize that as much as I can this time, so that I don't need to make a long follow-up FAQ video, and so that I don't have to answer as many questions in the comments. Any ideas, no matter how big or small, will be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/sergeantminor
    [link] [comments]

    Currency acquisition

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:35 AM PDT

    Without going into it too deeply and skipping over the obvious, play the game, just wondering how so many people have hit so much currency this league, myself I'm struggling to get beyond the roughly 10ish ex mark and I've put a good hundred hours into this league, withwell over 200 red maps being swept, delirium's cleared and the like, have I just been particularly unlucky, and don't give up your secrets but any pointers would be great as I'm Fizzing to try some more things and finding the inflation particularly difficult this league

    submitted by /u/QuackSK
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Paradoxica a good weapon?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:45 AM PDT

    Hey guys, can you explain why a lot of people play the saviour + paradoxica even if they don't stack flat phys damage through abyss jewels? I get that it's insane with a lot of extra flat damage. But if you don't stack flat damage then a good 350+ pdps sword will be better.

    Thanks you :*

    submitted by /u/QuackSK
    [link] [comments]

    MF Build and what to farm?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    Hi yall, yesterday i finally completed atlas to 100% and did some endgame bossing and now i want to go full magicfind. So my question is what MF build and what to farm?

    I have played many leagues ago with Tornado shot ranger, and it was so good. is it still viable?? and if it is what to farm, burialchambers? or...?

    submitted by /u/_Allu
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody have experience with Vaal Ground Slam berserker in 3.14? Getting off to a late start this league, and berserker would be something new and different for me

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:18 PM PDT

    [3.14] Doryani's Prototype + Mahuxotl's Machination CoC Assassin

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    Hello all, this is my first build post so please take it easy on me. I really wanted to do something with the new shield, Maljwndanwdkawd Machination, and Doryani's Prototype. This is what I came up with after getting some inspiration from Mathil's video on DP during Harvest. I was able to more than double his damage, give us super high max res, near dodge and block cap, among other things. I would love to hear feedback on this build.

    Note: I understand this build is expensive and specific, so I've include a MUCH more accessible dual Mjolnir build until you're able to switch over; though the damage increase once you do is insane.

    Pros:
    -Can run Physical Reflect as we ONLY deaal lightning damage
    -Large AoE clear via Arc
    -Huge amounts of elemental defense
    -Dodge and Block
    -Bosses can't resist you (;
    -EB takes care of our mana once we start leeching
    -Hugely over-capped resistances and lots of defensive layers
    -Bosses have the same resistances as everyone else--a gaping hole you'll shoot spells
    -Flat Lightning Damage scales hard; which we why we run Wrath and Herald of Thunder. Level 21 gems and a +1/2 amulet would be a large damage boost.
    Cons:
    -Lightning degen and Physical Damage; also Shocked ground
    -Can't run Elemental Reflect maps, unless you're Frane Selak
    -Expensive (lots of required uniques, attribute requirements, necessary resistance thresholds to hit, and accuracy)
    -No regen, but you do RECHARGE life
    -You need a lot of strength and it's hard to get with this build; anoint Utmost Might instead of Steel Commander for an easier time and use a %str belt instead of Immortal Flesh.
    -Can only do lightning damage

    We also have 4 major defensive layers in this build:

    1. Our resistances are as follows: 89% fire (assuming you are converting Lightning to Fire via Talisman), 85% cold, -199% lightning, 86% chaos. You are beefy against everything other than physical damage with this setup.
    2. We have 64% Attack Dodge chance and 54$ Spell Dodge chance; we also have ~40% evasion at level 100. This will be the first calculation done and will save us from getting hit... most of the time
    3. But when you do get hit, fear not, we have Glancing Blows to reduce the damage of that hit by 35% flat, assuming you block, with our 69% Attack Block chance and 10% Spell Block chance, allowing us to "reroll" again after something passes our Dodge.
    4. We have shock via crits which knockback enemies and stun them. We are stun immune with flasks up, and we have high DPS (especially against normal monsters). Our Life recharges like ES when hit. This helps a lot in Trial, but ultimately doesn't do too much for us (nice when we're out of potions).

    I mentioned in the above that we have -199% lightning resistance. This can be accomplished with the following ways:
    -Ventor's Gamble (I assume you have two -27% rolls, but they can go up to -50% for a wopping 50% more damage multiplier)
    -Immortal Flesh (-25%), you can swap this for a %strength belt with flat strength to hit that attribute requirement
    -Thread of Hope (x3, -20%); we utilize Thread of Hope really well in our tree, not once, but three times. You can start with 2 by dropping the one in the Ranger side for Devotion (%node in templar side) until you get one.

    To counter the resistance issue, we're using a Talisman to convert 50% of Lightning Damage to Fire (or cold) damage. If you convert to cold, as my build tree is showing Fire, just use Purity of Ice instead of Fire. That way you have 2 options for Talismans to hit in your Syndicate runs. The other 50% is converted to Chaos via Divine Flesh.

    Extra comments:
    -We can get a lot more DPS by min/maxing Ventor's Gamble; up to 50% more than what I was showing, with perfect rolls
    -You can sustain Righteous Fire while leeching, though I wouldn't really recommend it
    -I'm in the process of building this right now and will include videos later
    -You CAN use Lethal Pride with Rakiata and Tempered by War, but will take a significant DPS hit (if you don't have the Talisman, yet) so there are a lot of ways to play this build without having perfect gear.

    Pastebins for Path of Building Community

    Pre-Doryani's Prototype, CoC Dual Mjolnir: https://pastebin.com/Hy623Thy

    Full End-Game Build: https://pastebin.com/YVPrC4Mz

    EDIT 1: Thank you to SymruinGaming for pointing out some more Cons to this build and even adding a pro

    EDIT 2: Thank you to DevForFun150 for pointing out that Glancing Blows on Lethal Pride doesn't exist anymore. I've edited the PoB to reflect this and grabbed GB on the Templar tree. It actually gave us a bit more damage and some well-needed Strength.

    submitted by /u/Soulune
    [link] [comments]

    Should I go for CI or Low Life CoC assassin with my 45 EX?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:02 PM PDT

    Sold my build and now looking to make a CoC ice nova. Wondering which works better and which I can afford?

    submitted by /u/Aldunas
    [link] [comments]

    Uber lab farmer

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:00 AM PDT

    I want to try uber lab farming again and try the changes to enchanting. Can someone link a safe lab farmer, I can't find one. I have a duelist that I prefer to respec but could also level a new character if other ascendancies are better.

    submitted by /u/Blawbeer
    [link] [comments]

    Bleed bow glad still viable?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    Had an absolute blast last league with the good old bleed bow. Since the nerfs looked scary I decided to go with bfbb inq. The build is well rounded, but I am getting tired of the playstyle.

    Long story short: Any experience with bleed bow after the changes? Still good?

    submitted by /u/werbington
    [link] [comments]

    Test for poB Bot

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    Unlimited Vaal Attack Skills

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 01:30 AM PDT

    Path of Building issue

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:35 AM PDT

    In PoB, the passive nodes are not showing me the difference in DPS for my minions. It will show me the changes to my damage or character, but not my minions. I haven't had this issue before after using PoB for years. I am on the latest PoB update and using a fork.

    Anyone know the issue?

    submitted by /u/StinkyToesEw
    [link] [comments]

    Zoom zoom clearspeed?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    Looking for a build that has super fast clear, that I can farm towards getting a HH later in league. Don't mind dying, used to it at this point, but would like to clear ultimatum at least. I'd usually fall back to BV, but well, you know.

    submitted by /u/Staggerlee89
    [link] [comments]

    PEW PEW adice on new build from scratch

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    HI
    This isnt a post asking for a premade Zizaran build or some other expert on the mechanics. I want to build from scratch.
    I am a middle age Dad with the hand to eye coordination of a dead eel so multiple buttons (more than 2) are a no-no.
    I want a Caster flinging fireballs willy-Nilly or similar. I want to play an old school DnD/rolemaster/Gurps wizard, I want to be Raistlin, QuickBen or Pug conquering all enemies with a mighty magic missile/fireball/chaos ball.

    Enough of the Drama.
    I am asking on advice on how to build a budget friendly spellcaster, preferably fire based. What nodes would you prioritise? I don't really consciously want to copy someone else's build, I want to have the satisfaction of saying "I did that". Is there any pitfalls to avoid? Any counter intuitive choice that I would be surprised at?

    Sorry for the long and rambling post. I have been playing POE for nearly a year and I have got to red maps on a exploding bee build. I am after similar but with a fire based (hopefully) elementalist..

    Thanks for any and all advice.

    submitted by /u/Gavstjames
    [link] [comments]

    Fast clear builds with shadow ?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:49 AM PDT

    Are there any.builds with shadow.that can clear maps and do ultimatums that aren't around 100 ex or more? Everything I found is so expensive.

    I started with duelits didn't like it that much :/ so I switched to ed/contagion to try it again bcs first time I played it it sucked, the build is okay not the best that's why I am looking for something else.
    I'm not a veteran player tho I've been playing poe for a few legaues now.

    Any advice would be helpful :) thanks

    submitted by /u/Previous_Ad_5978
    [link] [comments]

    Need to make a descision

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    Hey guys, i'm playing a ED/C Trickster right now, clearspeed is amazing and i really like that part of it. Sadly, i can't seem to scale into good dps against bosses. I now consider rolling my trickster into bf/bb assassin, got 15ex and if i sell my gear and gems, i will have around 22-25ex.

    I'm really not sure if it's worth investing or if i should farm more and level a new charakter up with a 30-40ex budget. opinions?

    submitted by /u/Strict-Discount6881
    [link] [comments]

    Doing really low damage with Toxic Rain

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:05 AM PDT

    I've been following Zizaran's TR Raider guide from his youtube. I've hit low level maps and have been struggling to clear quickly. I just geared myself up with capped resistances, tons of life, etc. so I'm really tanky and havn't had any real risk of dying, but my damage is so low. It takes like 1 minute or more to clear level 5 slay ultimatums. I'm using level 17 TR with 18% quality, 5L Quill Rain (no empower yet), and have a +10% chaos damage over time multiplier amulet. Any idea on what's wrong? How can I boost my damage further other than levelling up my gem and getting empower online?

    submitted by /u/Masterfulidea
    [link] [comments]

    Build for ultimatums farming, 10-15 ex

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 10:02 PM PDT

    Smth tanky and good for 6-10 rounds of ulti.

    submitted by /u/RattyUndead
    [link] [comments]

    Just looking for a solid build to play.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    Took me 2 builds to find a rhythm and something that was interesting, which I settled on an Arc Witch, basic and easy to play, however I'm finding it rather squishy even with MoM, 3.5k life, 4k mana and maxed res. I've only ever really reached 90+ on cyclone builds in the past and was trying to venture out this league. I rather enjoy the Ultimatum mechanics however. Just want to change it up for a bit more survivability I think.

    submitted by /u/Battesyy1
    [link] [comments]

    Inpulsa + berek's respite question

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:17 AM PDT

    How does inpulsa and bereks respite work together? Does inpulsa override bereks or does bereks actually shock on kill and explosion kinda multiplies? Inpulsa mechanic always confuses me, what works and what doesnt work.

    submitted by /u/RossRossRoss123
    [link] [comments]

    Tanky block boy: EQ Gladiator or Eshatter Champion?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    So I want to make a little tanky boy that survives ultimate and red maps. I got spoiled by my Cold BV pathfinder. I'm looking at: Champion (Maybe EShatter) and Gladiator (maybe EQ). Can anyone give me a pros and cons of them against each other? I just want easy relaxing red maps on a non-minion character.

    If I sell off my starter, I'll have at least 15ex, and 25ex if I sell small currencies and blueprints/etc so I can buy a Jack the Axe or Surrender or whatever but maybe not a +2 corrupted whatever.

    EDIT: Bonus points if, at 100ex, I can transition to some god build for either character

    submitted by /u/American_In_Brussels
    [link] [comments]

    Tectonic Slam vs Facebreaker vs Hollow Palm for oneshotting?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:24 PM PDT

    I'm wanting to do a one-shot build and I really loved Tectonic Slam. When I say one-shot, I mean I literally right click and the boss instantly dies or goes to the next phase. Not two hits, not 1.5 hits, but one tectonic slam and it's over.

    Can that be accomplished with any Hollow Palm or Facecbreaker builds?

    submitted by /u/king_to_e2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel