• Breaking News

    Monday, May 10, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 10, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 10, 2021


    Questions Thread - May 10, 2021

    Posted: 09 May 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    SORRY, BUT NO

    Posted: 10 May 2021 06:58 AM PDT

    When you enter in a full korean party to buy sth and you're trying to figure out which player to go to...

    Posted: 10 May 2021 06:12 AM PDT

    no pans no problem

    Posted: 10 May 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    got me excited for a moment

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:49 PM PDT

    Decision to spill boss uniques in the common item drop pool was a misguided one

    Posted: 10 May 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    I am 100% in favor of making common drops more likely to contain valuable items, but taking them from bosses was just not the right approach. I've dropped more boss uniques from random mobs than from doing tens of boss encounters. I don't think i've gotten a single Shaper Guardian unique from one of them for example despite tens of kills, yet i dropped 4-5 randomly. Not only does this affect target farming, but it makes the bosses less worthwhile, and removes a lot of sense of "achievement" when you drop an item you worked towards.

    By all means add old league uniques to the common pool (like Headhunter), or buff other uniques where they become very valuable, but leave boss drops alone.

    EDIT : Since some redditors seem to have brain damage from trying to find Trialmaster, this isn't just about guardians, they did this with multiple boss fights. All my Simulacrum jewel drops from example came outside the fight.

    submitted by /u/Enartloc
    [link] [comments]

    So I fought Trialmaster the other day. You'll find it funnier than I did

    Posted: 10 May 2021 10:11 AM PDT

    Guys, I am never skipping a single Ritual ever! It's full of chances

    Posted: 10 May 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    Maybe next time, Trialmaster

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    Just don't get hit?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:54 PM PDT

    That was a Headhunter for sure

    Posted: 10 May 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    "sold sorry"

    Posted: 10 May 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    Hi GGG. Farming by region is more important than ever; could we get an option to sort by region in the Maps tab?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    I've seen this suggestion before, but I don't think it got as much traction as it needed. This would be such a great change!

    EDIT: yes I'm aware you can type the region in the search bar and it will highlight maps that are of that region. This is a pain in the ass because you have to go through and pull each map that you want to do, as opposed to just having a region tab where they would all be there. It would save a lot of time.

    submitted by /u/gil-martin
    [link] [comments]

    Map with 2 Additional blight encounters have only 1 blight encounter.

    Posted: 10 May 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    Master negotiator

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:15 PM PDT

    Random tips and tricks I picked up this league with >2000 hrs played

    Posted: 10 May 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    Some of these have probably shown up on this subreddit at some point, but I don't browse too often. Thought it might be helpful for someone.

    1. Right-clicking a map in your inventory while the atlas is open will focus the view on that map
      This is especially useful for checking atlas completion requirements (e.g. does the map need to be magic/rare/corrupted).
    2. Shift-clicking a fossil into a resonator will prevent the resonator from swapping onto your cursor.
      I did a lot of fossil crafting last league and it was very frustrating whenever the fossil would swap with the resonator if I didn't click exactly in the middle. Hold shift and never have this problem again.
    3. When filling Ritual Vessels, right-click vessel then double click altar causing it to drop on the ground for easy pickup
      I found that this method generally shaves a couple of seconds off each vessel fill since you don't have to place it properly in your inventory.
    4. Stash search bar supports OR (|) and NOT (!).
      I was essence spamming gloves to try to hit any influence mod: strike hits additional targets", unnerve/intimidate on hit, damage over time multiplier. I could type in the search bar "stri|unne|inti|multi" and wait for the gloves to light up.

    Edit: grammar

    submitted by /u/tworl
    [link] [comments]

    The grind to an RNG Trialmaster spawn isn't fun; Its terrible game design.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    The Trialmaster spawn rate is so rare that I was almost able to level my character to level 100 before ever seeing him. I have as of writing this post completed 159/164 map objectives and 96/164 awakening objectives. Fought A8, Shaper, Elder, Oshabi, Maven, and finally Trialmaster.

    This is the first league that I've ever gotten this far (mainly due to a break in my labor) and I speak for all players when I say this. . .

    Endlessly farming maps to fight a RNG gated "endgame" boss is lazy, dull game design.

    Why is the Trialmaster gated behind an RNG spawn mechanic that has no effect on a spawn condition? Why not have a function where you can get a key from inscribed ultimatums to force spawn the trial master like a ritual vessel? Why do inscribed ultimatums not drop from the league mechanic?

    There are so many puzzling game mechanics (related to just this league) that make absolutely 0 sense and make me as a player want to stop supporting a company. The game isn't fun when you have mechanics gated behind RNG that revolve around 0 player skill.

    GGG can you please address these concerns that many people have voiced before me? At the very minimum acknowledge that there is a problem amongst the community with the league mechanic boss.

    Imgur link: https://imgur.com/gallery/RHojXBp

    submitted by /u/ianburnitdown
    [link] [comments]

    Kitava-box

    Posted: 10 May 2021 03:49 AM PDT

    Ultimatum.pptx

    Posted: 10 May 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    It's finally happened! Thanks to that guy who posted here a few days ago - big inspiration!

    Posted: 10 May 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    I know, it was my only chance to meet the Trialmaster, but I am a coward...

    Posted: 10 May 2021 08:38 AM PDT

    The nicest trade interaction I ever had.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    So I can say I am still a beginner PoE player, as this is my third season getting to maps. I decided to try out a SRS build and found a helmet on trade for 28c with +3 and L20 Concentrated effect. I was thinking that maybe they wanted to quick sell, but even then it was SUPER low. So after the copy trade bit I also added I would pay 40c as that would be a minimum for the helmet and that they were drastically underselling it at 28.

    They contacted with a trade and I went over to their hideout to see them leaving their map "Absence of Value and Meaning". They then linked a mirror and said I could have the helmet for free. I was genuinely floored since I figured I would be spending most of my current chaos on getting something close to this. I then looked up the name of the map, I have never fought the Elder myself so I had no idea they were probably busy and stopped just to give me this. So to Trombae, if you read this thanks so much. To everyone else I hope you enjoyed a trade story that wasn't someone getting scammed horrifically.

    submitted by /u/KateWissen
    [link] [comments]

    Quad Crit Multi Jewel

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    Elevated maximum frenzy / Elevated additional strike / Culling Strike Glove , Ultimatum SC

    Posted: 10 May 2021 03:06 AM PDT

    Headhunter Ultimatum reward

    Posted: 09 May 2021 04:11 PM PDT

    Why do you have to do me like that, Vinderi?

    Posted: 10 May 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel