• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 11, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - April 11, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - April 11, 2020


    Questions Thread - April 11, 2020

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Questions Thread - April 11, 2020

    This is a general question thread on April 11, 2020. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the Wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in the #any-question channel in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new. We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    QoL Guard skill effect display

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    Imagine seeing this tree back in 2013

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    The fact that "Close combat support" doesnt support claw and unarmed attacks bothers me.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    How much closer does it get than your bare knuckles?

    Is there any actual answer to this?

    As an IRL CQC instructor this bothers me.

    submitted by /u/nerdstomperino
    [link] [comments]

    Fettle is love. Fettle is life.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    I think this belongs here

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    How to RIP a 6 Link Influenced Chestpiece

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Catalyst quality *does* work on Hungry Loop

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Announcing "Cluster-Struck!" The JEWEL-ONLY private league!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I had reasonable success running a "No magic/rare items drop" PL last league and wanted to do something similar this league.

    Cluster-Struck! Is entirely paid for by me and is free to join unless way more people than expected start joining.

    This is a private league which has NO SPECIAL MODS ENABLED. The rules are entirely self-enforced and very simple.

    You are only allowed to allocate keystones, cluster jewels (and their nodes), attribute travel nodes, and jewel sockets on your passive tree. The scion jewel socket nodes have non-attribute small passives and a notable leading up to them, and this is acceptable.

    This is a challenge league that is entirely self-enforced. If you want to cheat, you can. There isn't much point, but you can!

    A tip: Cluster jewels begin dropping at item level 45. As far as I'm aware, the first zone to consistently be able to drop them from all mobs is A6 The Coast. Farm up! Medium/small drop at zone level 68.

    What to do until you get a cluster jewel for your build, you ask?

    No idea. Cheat and then respec if you want, or grind through it.

    The league starts at 4pm EST today. The link to apply to the league is here:

    https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/Cluster+Struck

    If you'd like to join a discord to discuss the league, you can join mine here:

    https://discord.gg/PnzqSw8

    There is a channel for PL discussion and PL trading.

    Global chat 7123 is the chat to be used for the private league.

    Enjoy, and if you have any questions please ask! I certainly have not thought of everything and every fringe case. I just thought it would be fun, so I'm hosting it.

    Stay sane!

    I'm streaming this for however long I play it here!

    Additionally, tytykiller is racing for a10 completion and streaming it here!

    submitted by /u/TheDiabeetusKing
    [link] [comments]

    necromancer in my ho - Uruha Rushia

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    The official site is extremely slow atm

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    Is this on my end? I'm desperately trying to buy some points to spend on the stash tab sale, but the site is so slow, that i can't make payments, as i simply get disconnected.

    submitted by /u/AnBaSi
    [link] [comments]

    Singapore Server on Every league.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    Every league the same problem arise again.

    Either it is unplayable till you quit the game urself.

    Or the game quit it for you (crash). *I'm looking at you Betrayal and Legion League*

    At this point, GGG added more death effects just make the game less enjoyable for people that having the same problem / or playing on SG server.

    On which part of the game, I'm suppose to react to "git gud"? How could i dodge everything that supposely to kill me but the only reason I can't dodge because the server is in this kind of weird ass condition?

    When i opened a new map/instances, i need to pray it doesn't have the problem shown in the video. If it did happens, god f-ing sake i needed to endure the whole map.

    The latest patch that majority of the people claimed that they could open back sound and play the game. NO, FOR ME IT MAKES THE GAME WORST BECAUSE TURNING OFF THE SOUND NO LONGER WORK FOR ME.

    Played ever since invasion league GGG, but for real.

    I don't care about the ridiculous reason you gave in manifesto. for some bullshit mechanic you added in the game. I can get used to it.

    I don't care about the amount of bug/lack of QOL mechanic on every new release league. I can enjoy pass league mechanic/new league' new mechanic/lore.

    I don't care the nerf hammers you brought down on skills i once love. I could pick up another new skill that i may enjoy.

    But how i suppose to play the game with this kind of condition every league? Everytime people complaint about server issues (especially Singpore server), does it really matter at this point?

    At this point GGG ur game, Path of Exile had become an abusive partner in our relationship. And just pray that I'm unable to find another replacement of you. And sorry I've lost hope/hype on Path of Exile 2.

    If because when I do find replacement of you......

    https://reddit.com/link/fyzq0w/video/iwbwvl44c5s41/player

    submitted by /u/mrwayzai
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else getting a lot of this?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    The current state of Singapore realm...

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    Call me Mr. Long Boy

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    Decided to uber juice a Burial Chambers map. I died.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    PSA: Toolbar Reporting Number of Storm Brands Active is Often Incorrect and Not Updating

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    I noticed this just today as I am pushing into more difficult maps with Archmage Storm Brand. I will get 6 brands up and the toolbar will show 6. I keep Brand Recall on my Left button for frequent updates and faster mapping.

    Heading into larger packs a few times and dying i figured I would slow it down a bit...what I noticed is that my toolbar will often say I have 6 brands active when often its much less...sometimes only 1 or 2. I am not sure what is causing this but I thought I would give other Storm Brand players a heads up...toolbar is not always accurate.

    submitted by /u/Bram24
    [link] [comments]

    Poison Archmage Pathfinder Build Guide

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    What’s wrong with Vaults of Atziri now?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 04:57 AM PDT

    Haven't played for a few days, have no idea what the exploit is about.

    submitted by /u/frankgupo52
    [link] [comments]

    My First Hardcore League and First HC level 100 character ! grinding only Simulacrums from lv 96-100.( Occultist Vortex CI) w/ some essays sharing my thoughts & experience.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    My First Hardcore League and First HC level 100 character ! grinding only Simulacrums from lv 96-100.( Occultist Vortex CI) w/ some essays sharing my thoughts & experience.

    Here's a video of a wave 20 Kosis. This is up there on my sloppiest Kosis fights, I did not want to re-record a prettier fight because I lag when I'm recording.

    https://vimeo.com/406410534?activityReferer=1 - WAVE 20 Kosis fight if the video above does not work.

    I just want to share my experience and the build I used for my first HC league & first level 100 Hardcore character. I did exclusively Simulacrum 20 waves from level 96 - level 100. Dropping 5 voices in the process.

    Build:

    https://pastebin.com/vBi4m8G4

    https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/Assertion5397/MoodyAndDelirious?i=7&search=class%3DOccultist

    For those interested further .. Sorry I tried to be straight to the point so it's not painful to read.

    I started playing PoE in Abyss League playing softcore until Metamorph League.

    I tried Hardcore in the last 2 weeks of Metamorph League just for fun & instantly got hooked. Ripped a level 91(gc hammer inquis) and 94(storm brand inquis) character in the process... Er, I guess that's technically my first HC league.... Both died from big physical attacks from Minotaur and Primordial blocks boss, Learned my lesson.

    The main reason why I wanted to try HC is to slow down my poe gameplay.

    What helped me stay alive

    Simulacrum farming - though this content is RIPPY.... wave 1-18 is pretty much easy, so i only have to pay attention to wave 19-20. depending on the wave mods.

    Defensive layers of the build w/ brief explanation.

    All my decisions revolves around making a build that can afford mistakes & somehow live if I disconnect.

    13.5k Energy shield

    Chaos Innoculation

    44% phys reduction without flasks (+2 minimum endurance charges from rings, soul of steel(annoint), 2 pcs. dragon hunter small clusters)

    84% phys reduction with flasks (basalt & rumi's concoction)

    76/76/77 resists (+1 all from soul of steel, +1 lightning from unnatural calm)

    Flesh and stone (blind nearby, 10% less dmg when not nearby)

    75% block , 70% spell block (from lethal pride, tree and gears)

    5% ES on block recovery

    Enfeeble Blasphemy

    Fortify

    29% reduce damage from crits (shaper belt) - to avoid big one shots.

    Vile Bastion - 10% ES per second per 1 monster killed recently (Occultist ascendancy)

    Frigid Wake - chills and freezes enemy nearby (Occultist ascendancy)

    Vile Invigoration Cluster jewel - 2% ES per second when you kill a monster recently

    45% faster ES recharge ( could have 30% more from watcher's if once i get corrupting blood from clusters)

    Wicked Ward

    Vaal Discipline, 6k Vaal molten shell or Portal scroll.. Logout is only last resort because packet loss sucks.

    20/20 CWDT Steelskin

    Well rolled utility flasks (Rumi's Concoction, Basalt, Stibnite, Quicksilver, Swappable Elemental resist Flasks for Simulacrums)

    Soul of Solaris pantheon (No extra damage from crit if hit by a crit recently etc.)

    Soul of Gruthkul (+5% phys reduc when surrounded, 8% less atkspeed on monsters)

    Dash w/ Second Wind is OP

    Defensive flaws:

    Not ailment immune ( This is a big issue but it's fixable - I had many close calls with bleeds, shock, ignite and scorch )

    Needs Rumi's to reach max block (also missing 5% spell block)

    Only 76/76/77 resist - i can die to Ele pen if not careful.

    Decisions for the build:

    I went CI because going LL would make me lose a large cluster jewel setup. Since i would have to place my Lethal pride in an outer cluster jewel. Currently the lethal pride sits in Pain Attunement converting it for double block.

    The loss of DPS from going CI is compensated by allocating some really good Cold DoT multi's from the cluster jewels.

    I wear Crown of the Inward Eye as opposed to a high ES rare circlet - to get transfiguration of soul (%more damage based on ES%) which people normally annoint as a Vortex build... I don't like that however because annointing Soul of Steel is much better in HC. (if you can find Golden Oils).

    Astramentis to solve all the stat issues which allows for easier gear upgrades. A good rare amulet would be 10x better, but i needed to use 3 golden oils to annoint Week 2 of the league - so I chose a versatile option.

    My advice to fellow first time HC players

    "Build your defenses" - Nugiyen 2018

    Use your currencies - Over prepare for content & don't delay gear upgrades.

    My approach is to try and face tank things to see what my build can take - I always test my defenses before proceeding to harder content.

    Watch rip videos daily and learn from mistakes.

    Don't play when you're tired.

    & Get a Sirus carry........

    P.S. there will probably a lot of rips ahead that'll make me go back to SC but we'll see.

    Thank you for reading !

    submitted by /u/moody_08
    [link] [comments]

    I just got held hostage in the Simulacrum

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    I just got held hostage in the Simulacrum

    Player came in for a Nurse Card Trade, wrong amount of currency was put in. He instantly went inside my Simulacrum before I could kick him. Inside the simulacrum, he could interact and start the wave without being in my party and delete all the loot off the ground by starting a new wave, he could also loot the drops inside the Simulacrum without being in my party.

    Is there anyway to force him out?

    He is still inside as I am making this post, I also recorded this in OBS but the video is uploaded to Google Drive if anyone would like to see.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qCCAvvC7RQW8E7ugHyR3MFQzmK7_wLXw/view?usp=sharing

    https://preview.redd.it/wldd208am5s41.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a7a47de33adce398feaa94a85151c1271cef8924

    submitted by /u/Egoistic_Riven
    [link] [comments]

    I fell down, using leap slam and couldn't get back :(

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    love the game but that latency makes this unplayable

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel