• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 5, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - September 05, 2020

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - September 05, 2020


    Questions Thread - September 05, 2020

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Questions Thread - September 05, 2020

    This is a general question thread on September 05, 2020. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the Wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in the #any-question channel in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new. We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you Bex

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Here are Alternate Quality versions of Plague Bearer, Shrapnel Ballista, Kinetic Bolt and Herald of Purity.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Path of Exile: Heist - ACTUAL Trailer - PoE Trailer Parody

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 02:50 AM PDT

    Alternative Stash mtxes

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    Time and isolation broke that which madness could not.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    Gotta love end of league bargain hunters

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    Absolute Legends Act 10 Kitava MELEE Race

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I wanted to let you know that Absolute Legends is hosting a SSFFHC Melee/Slam only race to Act 10 Kitava on September 12th 22:00 CEST, just 1 week before the new league. Seeing as most races provides rewards for the victors we wanted to make sure we could include the viewers making races like this possible. MSI are generously providing gaming wear prizes for the top 3 victors as well as some juicy goodiebags that will be drawn to viewers watching the race unfold!

     

    How to participate:

    This event as of now is open to Qualified Racers. You can earn this role by submitting a VoD for Verification via the PoE Community Racing Discord. Full information and Criteria are Pinned in the #submit-your-vod channel. https://discord.gg/ucv7aH

     

    Live broadcast:

    The event will be live on https://www.twitch.tv/AbsolutelegendsTV and casted by myself (GhazzyTV) & Brittleknee.

     

    Race rules:

    • Both your single target & clear skills must be Melee or Slam tagged abilities and a predominate majority of your DPS should come from you and not from proxies such as Ancestral Protector or Ancestral Warchief. Traps, Mines are not allowed
    • Must be streaming so we can show it on the main channel

     

    Important note:

    To be able to recieve rewards (both victors and drawn winners from chat) we'll need personal information to send the item(s).

    submitted by /u/GhazzyTV
    [link] [comments]

    Seized by the tyrannical

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    When does poe.trade shut down for good?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    Yes i give a lot of props to the developer of that site. It was one of those great third party sites that allowed us to do proper trade when GGG didn't have a solution yet. Thank you.

    But this time is long gone now. There is a stable and good official trade site now while poe.trade nowadays is just a bunch of crap. It doesn't update. It doesn't list players in the league they are currently in. It lists items that were sold 2 days ago on a regular basis.
    Poe.trade is detrimental to the game experience at this point and it really annoys me getting whispers all the time for items sold hours ago. Im really angry at this point. For the love of god shut down that site already!
    And please DONT USE IT! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/LowPrioSurfer1
    [link] [comments]

    Baited Expectations podcast: "dumbest conversatioon Ive ever heard". Hot takes on Heist with piebypie, Brittleknee, KittenCatNoodle & Velyna.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    [New Tool] Market Overview from the perspective of a Trade Site

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    I am excited to show off a new feature that I have been developing for a while. The Market Overview is live data from the perspective of a trade site. The search experience is incredibly fast, and the results will be updated throughout the day. Each result will show how many are listed with a price. I even incorporated a few features that help combat price fixing.

    Check it out: Market Overview from poeapp.com

    I also created a few videos that showcase how it can be used:

    Videos of the Market Overview in Action

    Thanks for taking a look and hope you enjoy.

    Edit: There is a bug in Firefox right now that requires you to change the League selection before you see results. Working on a fix currently.

    submitted by /u/poeapp
    [link] [comments]

    Classic banter

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    Here are four more Alternate Quality Gems you can find in Path of Exile: Heist!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    Korean Gateway currently has a ping of 150ms to 2,000ms

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    From August 24 to the present, Korea's gateway has 150 to 2,000 ms of ping every day.

    It's from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. exactly.

    Korean users found that Atlas portals were connected to specific server addresses by the time of the day, and at the same time confirmed that ping was increasing.

    Of course, We delivered this to KakaoGames.

    But I haven't received any feedback for more than 10 days.

    Does GGG know this?

    We can't discuss the next league now.
    We can't play the game right now.
    We can't play games.

    OMG..

    When open the map, PING's 1500ms!

    submitted by /u/Zecole
    [link] [comments]

    Back in July, Kamil wrote one of the most epic pieces of music for PoE yet, however for some reason this music doesn't exist anywhere in game. At least give it to us via the hideout jukebox!

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    You are captured, stupid beast!

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    Alternate quality gems should have their own prefixes (or suffixes)

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    If I understand correctly, right now to check which alternate quality you've got you have to move your mouse over the item and hold ALT for more information. I think this could be made much simpler and climactic if we could get prefixes in gem names for each alternate quality gem.

    Reave for standard Increased Attack Speed quality bonus.
    Elemental Reave for new % of Physical Damage Converted to a random element bonus.

    Reckoning for standard Increased Area of Effect quality bonus.
    Unwavering Reckoning of for new % change to Debilitate Enemies for 1 second on Hit.

    Shock Nova for standard % increased Shock Duration on enemies quality bonus.
    Thundering Shock Nova for new Ring has 40% chance to Shock, Ring Shocks as if dealing 100% more damage bonus.

    Rain of Arrows for standard % increased Area of Effect quality bonus.
    Endless Rain of Arrows for new % chance to fire an additional sequence of arrows bonus.

    Blade Vortex for standard % increased Area of Effect quality effect.
    Vampirous Blade Vortex for new % of damage leeched as life effect.
    Doryani's Blade Vortex for same as above, but with some alternative approach.

    Faster Projectiles Support for standard % increased Attack Speed and Cast Speed quality effect.
    Returning Faster Projectiles Support for new Projectiles have % chance to return to you from final target effect.

    Someone could bring up the argument that it might cause some confusion between Alternate Quality gems and the Awakened gems, and while personally I can't see it as being much of an issue, it could be just solved by creating suffixes instead of prefixes for those gems, for example:

    Blade VortexBlade Vortex of Bloodthirst
    Faster Projectiles Support → Faster Projectiles Support of Homecoming

    Obviously, those are just example names I came up with as I wrote them, so I'm sure there could be much more great sounding (or even lore-enchanting) names for Alternate Quality Gems.

    So what do you guys think about the idea of giving each alternate quality gem its own name extension that somehow reflects the effect of alternated quality itself? Do you think it overcomplicates things? Or maybe you like the idea and think it would actually enhance the gameplay for you?

    submitted by /u/tiritto
    [link] [comments]

    What does reflect look like?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    What the heck does the damage reflect shield look like? I've heard streamers say it's so visible, just avoid it lol but I have no idea what I'm looking for.

    Edit: e.g. Racecourse boss

    submitted by /u/ScarTheSeventh
    [link] [comments]

    Part 2 of the 2000 Faceted Fossil craft

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    I played a self-cast Purifying Flame build to 95 on HSSF. Here's my thoughts on self-casting.

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    It was a straight forward self cast PF, played as Assassin. In fact, this was my league starter. As it is available right from the get go, I levelled with it, and it is a pretty decent levelling skill especially with harvest crafts. I initially planned on going for some unleash setup so that I could take advantage of thunderous salvo which is now on the passive tree, and I don't need to scale cast speed. But as I played through maps, it became clear that it's just not working out. My clearing became really awkward as I move between packs quick, but because of lack of cast speed, each unleash of PF (usually around 2 or 3 stacks) are clunky, and often gets me killed before I can kill the enemies. On a side note, this led me to believe unleash is really only good for select skills like BV and SRS but maybe I'm mistaken.

    So I switched to traditional spell echo route. Initially because of my lack of cast speed, just spell echo alone still feels slow and so I start to stack cast speed everywhere I can, and then it starts to feel good and safer. But trudging through yellow and red maps, it also dawns on me that my sustain is shit. No regen, no leech, nothing. I also don't have Cinderswallow till much later. Here comes cluster jewel and harvest crafting to save the day with Doryani's Lesson to give me some much needed life leech. I thought of getting fire leech mod from like amulet or ring but it just didn't happen.

    Next issue to tackle is mana. I use enduring mana flask but I find that I burn through mana like a motherfucker like boss encounters, probably due to my poor flask management, the mana flask is not enough. I could get mana regen in a hindsight but here's what I did. Switched to EB/MoM. Got a Command of the Pit to give me Arcane Surge. Problem solved right? Nope. Too fast cast speed, ES leech could not sustain my mana cost, EVEN after I tried to reduce its cost with -total cost of skill mods.

    Then I thought of Soul Tether, that makes your life leech goes to ES when life is full. VIOLA. I just need to get my first cast of PF out (ES starts at 0, so I need just enough mana left to squeeze out one PF cast), then my ES will stay full due to overleech for me to spam casting, except for certain maps with the annoying less ES recovery rate mod. Eventually I replaced it with Doryani timeless jewel for immortal ambition keystone. If I were to go back in time, I would do it differently and keep using Soul Tether, and use the jewel for Divine Flesh, since harvest should make capping chaos easy.

    But otherwise for SC, Assassin's survivability is surprisingly decent. Going all out elusive stacking dodges, and I have blind aura on my rare chest armor. Down A8 Sirus, did take quite awhile to get there. A lot of bumpy rides along the way, but it's an memorable one.

    So my overall thoughts on self-casting, I think I would like GGG to reduce base cast speed on many of the spells, even if it means tweaking their damage effectiveness and base damage. It would make self casting a lot more competitive with spellslinger setup or coc or mines, etc. Spell echo can be a bit dangerous for boss fights as it locks you in place. It also disappoints me that unleash also does lock you in place, the more stacks you got. The mana problem can be handled with different ways I suppose. Mapping is great once you got the cast speed issue solved. Thanks for reading if you make it here.

    submitted by /u/SoulofArtoria
    [link] [comments]

    Baeclast - All I could picture when they discussed Betrayal UI

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    I want to switch my Path of Exile game from my HDD to my SSD.. Anything i should be aware of before doing this?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    Is it possible I will lose my character progress or experience any negative side effects from doing this? I know this is sort of a not so specific question because you can do this with anything as far as I know (I have only 1 month experience with using a PC) I should be able to simply delete my download of PoE and then download again only I select the SSD as my target rather than my HDD..? Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/Leather-Balls
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel