• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - April 23, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - April 23, 2021


    Questions Thread - April 23, 2021

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How it feels reading through some of the "Cheap | League Start" build guides...

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    [Meta] The front page is 90% complain posts. Could we get a complaint tag to be able to filter out posts?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:27 AM PDT

    Like seriously, browsing /r/poe isn't even fun these days. It's just 90% posts on complaints (not saying they aren't valid), but I don't need to be reminded that texture streaming sucks 5 times a day and that harvest is nerfed.

    A [complaint] tag would clean up the subreddit so much and make it browsable.

    submitted by /u/incontradio
    [link] [comments]

    New meta breaker

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    Seriously GGG this is a T14 map...

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:27 AM PDT

    Is GGG right? Are we playing the game wrong?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    Hear me out, ill be brief. I work 8-9 hours a day from home, as a developer, I play 30 mins during lunch every other day and 2-4 hours at night, if I don't have other plans.

    I played 3.13 Harvest and made a lot more currency than usual (I've played since prophecy). Once I got more more currency and more items, that I could craft myself or sell on TFT for currency to buy other items, I started a new build. Oh Grimro did this or Asmodeous tried that or that other guy who makes awesome builds for minions (will update with nickname later, Edit: It was Von Vikton or Ghazzy, both a lot of fun), I wanna try those too!

    I was probably more into 3.13 than any other league. It gave me so many options to chose a build and another build and another build, since I now had the power that the richest people in the game had. Is that playing the game wrong? So what if we can kill all the bosses during a league. Give us new challenges, bosses next league. Make them harder! We still lose all the money and gear once a league ends, so what's the harm in that?

    I know I don't play as much as the 1% and that's because I can't, I don't have the time. Just like people who go to school, have children or jobs.

    This league I feel more confined and less able to reach the same goal/power level/character account as I did last league. I think I stopped playing last league once they announced the Harvest nerf. I felt like oh no, I guess we're going back to being poor again. I don't think I'm in the minority in feeling that the game is less fun if you become more limited and can't do all the fun things that the top players can. I'm sure if I had the time, I'd be able to do it too. But I don't and I probably won't.

    So my question is. Who is this game for, who is supposed to feel joy and excitement from playing this game? What's the demographic? If its the majority of players, I'll take a wild guess and say that the majority of players had a lot more fun with the old atlas passives and the way Harvest was last league. GGG, please reconsider.

    Edit: I was not brief.

    submitted by /u/isbunk
    [link] [comments]

    first time playing totems

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    Honestly the Ultimatum trailer and that huge emphasis on rewards was the biggest jebait ever. All in all, end game feels pretty unrewarding and tedious

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:47 AM PDT

    In case you didn't know: Veiled mods can be removed with the crafting bench before you unveil them!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    The trialmaster after you fail many, many ultimatums

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:53 AM PDT

    Are Harvest nerfs really that bad? See for yourself.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:44 AM PDT

    You know, for kids...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 10:29 PM PDT

    My thoughts on 3.14 Ultimatum as part of the 0.1%

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    Normally when a new PoE league launches, I'll go hard to the point of it being unhealthy. I'll start planning builds and practicing with my team weeks beforehand. I'll book time off work and ensure I have no responsibilities for the coming week. Once the league launches, I'll often play for 24 hours on launch followed by daily 12+ hour sessions. I'm not proud of this, but I mention it to illustrate the reality that absolutely nothing can hinder my enthusiasm for PoE. Or so I thought. At this point in Ultimatum, I have less than a day of /played time, and struggle to play a 30 minute session before closing the game. My childlike enthrallment has morphed entirely into a sentiment of frustration and ennui. So what went wrong?

    1) League Launch

    It goes without saying this was one of the worst league launches in PoE history. Getting a good spot in the queue and waiting for 3 hours for launch only to be kicked into a 100k queue after 10 minutes of gameplay immediately put a damper on my mood. Moreover, I couldn't even play with my team due to everyone being out of sync and a party bug causing even more disconnects. Normally, we're able to finish the storyline with all skillpoints / trials around the 3 hour mark. This time it took over 8 hours, with around 4 of those simply being time spent in queue / loading screens. Combine this with the fact that some people who weren't even sponsored streamers got to skip the queues simply because they knew the right people at GGG made the league start a frustrating and unenjoyable experience.

    2) Lack of Endgame Content

    The reason I nolife the game so hard for the first week is to take advantage of a good economy and acquire enough currency to make a true end-game build. This league, it seems as if there is no real end-game to look forward to. Lots of the most fun builds have been nerfed into the ground, along with the corresponding end-game farming options such as fractured delirious maps. At this point, it feels as if flipping is the real end-game, which doesn't make much sense to me. I have no problem with sitting in hideout and doing tedious flipping for hours as long as it's a means to an end. Right now, flipping is essentially the end itself, and I don't see any point in acquiring lots of currency if there's nothing fun to use it on.

    3) Tedium of Atlas Progression

    Related to point 2), Atlas Progression was always a means to an end of reaching true late-game. In 3.14, it feels as there isn't as much incentive to go through the tedious process of spawning all conquerors over and over, yet it's basically impossible to sustain maps or play the game at all without doing so. The progression itself also felt worse than usual. I got stuck quite often and had to whisper 50 people on the trade site just to buy the couple of maps I needed. Normally, simply chiselling + alching + vaaling red maps was enough to complete atlas progression, but this league I found myself using sac frags, prophecies, map device crafts, and the few master missions I had while still not sustaining.

    4) The League Mechanic

    Ultimatum was fun the first few times, but after a while it just feels tedious. The risk:reward ratio is overtuned, given that it's essentially a more challenging version of Ritual with worse reward choices. There also isn't really any end-game to it other than the odd Inscribed Ultimatum. I lost count of the amount of times I completed 5 rounds in a 140+ quantity red map only to be offered some garbage 1c rare for the 6th. At this point I basically just skip the mechanic, which makes me feel like I'm playing a nerfed version of Standard.

    In summary, this league has accomplished something I never thought possible: making an extremely enthusiastic player like me feel bored and annoyed with the gameplay not even a week in. Normally, taking time off work and living a pretty unhealthy lifestyle for a week is worth it for me simply due to how fun PoE can be. This time around, I feel as if I would have been better off doing literally anything else instead of playing 3.14.

    submitted by /u/MassivePepega
    [link] [comments]

    I don't understand the people complaining about the league, maybe I'm not in touch with the community ?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:07 AM PDT

    Here are some reason why I love this league :

    • Ultimatum is one of my favorite mechanic right now, it's really challenging until you get enough gear to overcome them, it drops a lot of small currency without drowning you in useless items and it gives a lot of experience.

    • The maven stuff is still as good as last league, the invitations are cool and so are the atlas passives. Small lack of master mission for certain passive but it can be overcome with watchstones.

    • Conqueror of the atlas were starting to irritate me around A5~6 but the maven craftable watchstone can be used to bypass the map sustain drought so it's no longer a big deal.

    There were issues at league launch that were rather promptly dealt with, I can't imagine how terrifying it must be to work at GGG and see this unfold when you've spent your last 4 month busting your ass off on a new league.

    I hear that the complains are about map sustain (did not experience it any more than another league) and difficulty of Ultimatum, but that's the goal of the mechanic, it could not work if it wasn't harder than the rest. Maybe someone could explain why they feel like this league is different than the others instead of explain why this league is bad and should not be played ?

    submitted by /u/Naabi
    [link] [comments]

    Schrödinger's headhunter: texture streaming keeping the dream alive

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    Loot from 100 Low Tier Ultimatums

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:30 AM PDT

    Hello guys!

    Decided to run some low tier ultimatums to see what I can get out of them. This should help out those that are struggling at the start of the league.

    You can run around 15 of these per hour. My build is not that fast so this should be achievable for everyone.

    Basically go in the map, get to the Ultimatum, complete it and get out. If you find a ritual, essence, legion, blight, delirium on the way, then run those as well.

    Picture with the drops:

    https://imgur.com/a/wgT6wh7

    Total with big drops is 1275c or 196c per hour

    Total with no big drops 975c or 150c per hour

    Video format: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcLPyMdoQM4

    You can catch me live at twitch.tv/casualdanpoe

    submitted by /u/CasualDanPOE
    [link] [comments]

    What does tinder and softcore trade have in common?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    If you send a message you're likely to get ignored

    submitted by /u/Jaguarmonster
    [link] [comments]

    If you have no Awakening Bonus, your Atlas Missions have not been nerfed

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:25 PM PDT

    Have been seeing this all over the sub lately, and it appears people did not understand the nature of the nerf.

    The base chance to obtain an Atlas mission has not changed. This nerf only has an impact if you have Awakening Bonus. If you're in white/yellow maps and feel like you're getting less missions, that's just placebo.

    submitted by /u/dan_marchand
    [link] [comments]

    Homeless currency

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    They said that Harvest caused me being done with my characters way too fast, but...

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    ...I played 2 characters this first week of the league and I feel like Im done with them already. They work and thats the farthest I can get without deterministic crafting or ditching my job.

    I tried to gamble with gear a bit, failed hard and I have no motivation to progress my characters at all, because crafting cluster jewels is close to impossible after the rarity nerf and crafting rest of my gear is so unlikely to be successful that I dont feel like wasting my time, my carpal tunnels and currency for a slight boost is any meaningful. I cant reasonable expect hitting multiple good mods that could potentially boost my character by a decent margin.

    So what should I do now? Joining the same 3 viable ability that work with shitty gear bandwagon (again...), mindlessly run around waiting for a failed craft for sale or just wait for the next league? I dont know about you, but I have no will, time and healthy wrist to spend hours of spamming and failing to trade, then rip apart my hands with alt spam and pray again.

    submitted by /u/Nikeyla
    [link] [comments]

    Ultimatum is showing the same itemization problems as Ritual.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:16 AM PDT

    While leveling you get offered a decent selection of health and double if not triple resistance items and crafting materials. Lots of Chaos Orbs even.

    Running red maps, half the time my gladiator gets offered quivers, things like 4 chromes when it really should be the ideal place to get high tier bases and build enabling uniques. You know, rewards for what at that point becomes extremely rippy content. Inscribed ultimatums let me double 20 regret orbs or require 5 lame div cards.

    It makes you feel bad for progressing. I would happily go back to the mid game drops. That said, never once has either league mechanic offered me a high tier armor shield.

    I think there's a structural problem with the smart loot system if it persists from league to league. It's no longer an isolated phenomenon.

    submitted by /u/D3Construct
    [link] [comments]

    "Harvest" crafting should be removed and the current crafting system should be expanded to include deterministic crafting.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:23 PM PDT

    Remove the crafting tied to harvest, or keep the ones that change fossils, divs, whatever. Those are fun.

    Expand the current crafting currencies we have like so:

    Sell an exalted orb with a fire ring. Get a exalted fire orb which slams a fire mod onto an item. Similar with orb of annulment.

    This can work for a variety of things and for all tags - probably with only rings even.

    So you have exalted physical orb, exalted speed orb etc etc. Orb of minion annulment, orb of whatever.

    Then instead of having each upgraded exalt or whatever you want to call it, as a currency, add it to the crafting bench by default, but allow people to convert that to a currency to trade as well.

    This can truly bring deterministic crafting into poe and keep the gamble of the normal currencies if you want that. It also makes some item drops exciting again.

    Ooh I got a sapphire ring! Now i can finally reroll this base with a cold Orb of Alchemy...

    submitted by /u/ShadowSpade
    [link] [comments]

    Joke's on you GGG, I didn't even need a key

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    To Neversink: Would it be possible to add a preset or style in filterblade that would use the pre-3.14 lootfilter colors instead of the newest one?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:48 AM PDT

    This is not a knock on the latest filters, and I appreciate all the work you put into this project, but would it be possible to have an option to use the colors/style from pre-Ultimatum/3.14? It's just preference and what my eyes have gotten used to, is all.

    submitted by /u/SkoivanSchiem
    [link] [comments]

    Hot Take: The Reason The Game Feels Unrewarding? Influenced Items

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    I'm not sure how long this is going to stretch, but here we go:

    Lots of folks have been complaining that league mechanics feel unrewarding. We just got a whole patch cycle dedicated to improving them, and people are still feeling as though they're just time-wasters. Many end-game bosses feel like a slog for the chance at a unique currency, most of their drops worth somewhere from a couple of chaos to maybe 25 or so. Sure, there are some highrolls - Watcher's Eye, good Awakened gems from Sirus, Thread of Hope, and a few more - but there's something in common about most of these. What is it?

    They're all items that don't use the same slot as an influenced rare.

    Starforge? Mediocre past week 1. Atziri's Disfavour? A fine stepping stone, but not enough to compete with any solid influenced rare. Previously powerful Guardian uniques like Rise of the Phoenix? A single chaos, most likely - and all because influences allow for ridiculously powerful, best-in-class mods while also having slots for life, resists, etc.

    Why would I care about an item with a Temple mod if it's not got space for the influence slam I want? And is it really worth trying to craft on that base when it's now so difficult to "fix" items that have one or two solid mods through Harvest removals? Is the cost of the base worth slamming an influenced orb on? Maybe in some rare cases, but most of the time we end up vendoring these rares because the mods simply can't compete.

    The new, more powerful Veiled mods? These were an interesting way to give some worth to Veiled items even after we're done unlocking all of the benchcrafts, but why would I even bother? If I unveil a good mod, it has to be on a base that already has strong mods in other slots while having space to slam the influenced mod I want. It's a stepping stone at best.

    And uniques in general - both regular and boss uniques - get eclipsed by influenced items. Why would I use any of the various Poison of Bleed unique weapons when I can get a much higher base damage weapon with an influenced poison/bleed mod that ends up eclipsing any other gear? If I don't have another source of explode, my chest slot is already taken - it's going to be an explode chest for corpse removal, done. Boots? God forbid you don't have Elusive/Tailwind boots, you get half the value of an ascendancy class just in one item slot.

    And on top of this, it means that the vast, vast majority of dropped rares are utter dogshit past the initial sprint. Sure, maybe in week 2 you can get 5-10c for some life/resist rares if you hit multiple higher tiers or it has another useful mod like Int or Strength. But bases quickly become basically worthless without an influence on them. It's comically easy to roll the mods you want on an influenced base even with the nerfed version of harvest (turns out targeted chaos spam can still be a great way to hit a desired influence mod + life/es/resists,) so why even bother with non-influenced drops? And we don't. We filter them out, and we feel like we kill tons of mobs and get nothing useful to drop except some piles of currency that we give ourselves injuries to pick up.

    Now I'm gonna be real - I'm actually having a blast so far this league. I'm enjoying it way more than Ritual, and I honestly don't have the same reward complaints that others do. But I'm seeing so many posts about how "drops are still garbage" and "bosses are barely worth running" and I needed to get this off my chest, because influenced items are killing the value of everything else in the game.

    Alright, phew. Now I think it's time for me to get flamed. Let me know how wrong I am below!

    EDIT - Some Words

    submitted by /u/jenrai
    [link] [comments]

    thx ggg for nerfing existing items back from harvest league. trigger mod that before was 4s cd is now 8s even though it was crafted almost a year ago.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel