• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 26, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 26, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - May 26, 2021


    Questions Thread - May 26, 2021

    Posted: 25 May 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Had to go quad-quad tabs for this one

    Posted: 26 May 2021 01:36 AM PDT

    Respect my Authoritah!

    Posted: 26 May 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    PSA: Do not roll these two mods together

    Posted: 26 May 2021 07:20 AM PDT

    Made a visual pantheon summary for my buddy who's new to POE, sharing in case someone else finds it useful

    Posted: 25 May 2021 08:30 PM PDT

    One of my favorite games growing up

    Posted: 26 May 2021 06:53 AM PDT

    GGG - Synthesis Memory Nexus - Request for Hideout Unlock @ 1% Chance from killing Cortex (Same as Celestial)

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    Full Ultimatum Relic Collection 68/68

    Posted: 26 May 2021 05:42 AM PDT

    Well, this probably won't happen again

    Posted: 26 May 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    Has 1 abyssal socket

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:03 AM PDT

    And if you haven't found him yet ...

    Posted: 26 May 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    Exotic Goods Loot Comparison (1000 Invasion Bosses)

    Posted: 26 May 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    I made a Helm for the VLS builds

    Posted: 26 May 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    Wholesome Post - A guy was talking about how chill totem builds are and I mentioned I'd started a totem build this morning. They group inv'd me and gave me this to "support fellow totemers". What a guy

    Posted: 26 May 2021 03:20 AM PDT

    When will ggg fix the known issue about blight encounter stacking?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 03:14 AM PDT

    Another patch note without addressing blight encounter stacking (scarabs, map enchants, and sextant mod).

    Although it is a known issue, to elaborate, unlike other past-league mechanics (such as breach, legion, abyss etc) currently you cannot get more than 1 blight encounter per map. Even though the map mod indicator tells you there are # blight encounters in the area.

    I recall this being frequently asked since league launch but there is still no official response from the dev team (if there is one, please link it in the comment).

    submitted by /u/Flimsy_Sprinkles_300
    [link] [comments]

    I was watching a Ziz video with closed captions when suddenly..

    Posted: 26 May 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    Can elevation just not do this shit? The behavior isn't even consistent across different projectiles, man

    Posted: 25 May 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    T is for Tul

    Posted: 25 May 2021 10:47 PM PDT

    ok i think i got money here

    Posted: 25 May 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    Determination?

    Posted: 25 May 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    PoB is all the chase I need

    Posted: 25 May 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    Note to self dont afk while dead

    Posted: 25 May 2021 08:02 PM PDT

    Loot from 10 Maven Fights, 5 times.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    Farming mirrors of currency as a solo player and building an Exceptional character

    Posted: 26 May 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    TLDR:

    https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/swseo/Exceptional

    Every single rare is self-crafted.

    You might think this is only achievable by playing 16h/day or by playing in a group, but 4h/d as a solo player is enough if you're resourceful.

    The best way to make currency in this game is to sell crafted items. Nothing comes close.

    Here are some videos of the character in action

    Inscribed Ultimatum

    The Maven

    AL9 Sirus

    The Feared w/ Pure Chayula & Uber Elder


    Hi /r/pathofexile

    I like this subreddit a lot. I appreciate that posts like these:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2t031w/hookeysconfession_the_guy_who_had_the_perfect/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8n2qja/how_i_duped_my_way_to_an_alt_art_alpha_howl/

    can exist. I feel like long, wordy posts like these aren't as well received in other gaming communities. I hope I can provide you with valuable insights in this post.

    Introduction / Context

    Throughout most of my time playing PoE, I didn't craft much.

    I ran a bit of chaos recipe in the early-league and ran maps fast to collect gumballs. My only currency streams were occasional valuable unique drops, div cards, essences, and smaller currencies. I'd sell things for chaos, convert it to exalts, and use those exalts to buy gear for my builds. Why should I risk gambling to craft gear when I can buy the items I need?

    I played Metamorph League to level 96. I didn't even consider going for 36 or 40 challenges. I wanted to grind to 100 for the first time, but I couldn't afford to make my build tanky enough to stop dying.

    I skipped Delirium because my internship was kicking my ass.

    Harvest

    When GGG announced Harvest League I got really excited.

    Back in the day, I dreamed about having items like Loath Bane Ambusher that I'd never be able to afford. For the uninitiated, a PoB warrior is somebody who theorycrafts unrealistic builds on Path of Building. Making a PoB warrior character pre-Harvest was just a matter of having money. Just mirror every piece lmao. But if you want to use a rare with stats that hasn't been crafted yet, you're out of luck. I saw Harvest League as an opportunity for me to actually build a PoB warrior character in game.

    I spammed red maps by running straight to the seed cache, killing the boss, and leaving. I made money by selling horticrafts. This made me 10-20ex/hr. If you didn't want to farm harvest plots and deal with selling crafts one at a time, you could sell bulk unsorted seeds and make 5-10ex/hr. I used this money to buy tons of remove-add X crafts on TFT discord. If you want to T1 all of the mods on your item, you need to buy lots of crafts.

    I built a character with 18mil shaper dps, 7k life, capped chaos res, reflect immunity, capped dodge/spdodge, 95% evade, overleech + vaal pact. I hit 100 for the first time and completed 40/40 challenges. This character was like my Harvest love letter, my magnum opus.

    Harvest was fun, but I knew GGG wouldn't bring it back because it was too powerful.

    I skipped Heist league. I didn't think I'd ever enjoy PoE again after Harvest.

    Ritual / Harvest League 2: Electric Boogaloo

    https://poe.ninja/ritual/builds/char/swseo/Affinity

    Harvest was coming back, so I decided I'd no-life Ritual like a goblin. I speculated that GGG would delete Harvest after Ritual, so I really had to get my fix in. It's like a crackhead trying to get one last high before the drug is gone forever.

    My problem this league was that it was way harder to make money by selling harvest crafts. We got harvest plots way less often than before, and we could only store 10 crafts at a time.

    Whenever I needed liquid currency, I decided to sell some of my gear. Double elevated gloves? Costs 4 maven orbs + 1 awakener's orb, sells for like 2-3 times that (at least in Ritual league). Turns out selling crafted influenced items has insane profit margins because people don't know how to craft. I still had this old mindset that rare items weren't worth crafting because old school rares weren't worth crafting. Making an uninfluenced triple res life ring is way more expensive than buying one from trade, sure. That's because people identify and sell rare items. Elevated mods and double influenced items don't drop randomly.

    My buddy was playing Chieftain Staff Cyclone, so I tried my hand at crafting staves to help him get an upgrade. Crafting weapons was pretty fun, so I made more of them. I sold 25 staves that league (along with other items). 900pdps sold for around 40-50ex, 1000pdps for 100-120ex. I needed a LOT of money to build this character. They didn't have to be staves btw. If you want to try crafting weapons, bows and wands are a good idea. You can pretty much do the same thing with any other kind of item, ie. high ES regalia/shield, stygian vises, etc.

    One thing that I'd change about this character is the helmet. I'd have gone for a berserk effect replica forbidden shako with fortify and ice bite instead. I'd have to give up reflect immunity for the avoidance implicits on my jewels, but it's probably worth it for the dps.

    In case you don't know why I have so many mana regen mods on my gear, it's because Chainbreaker used to be good. I gained around 16 rage/second. I wanted to have an honest uptime on my Berserk buff (ie. not be a PoB warrior)

    Ultimatum League

    https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/swseo/Exceptional

    I was gonna skip Ultimatum because harvest annuls got axed. Making insane items is gonna cost me more, so why bother?

    I saw the immortal syndicate changes and I decided last minute to give it a shot. "If I'm sick at SC Trade league, I can do it again without targetted annuls." I decided I'd try Chieftain Staff Cyclone because I didn't have time to make a build.

    Yeah, Ultimatum league was pretty easy, just like it was in Ritual. I just had to settle for slightly worse mods and use meta mods way more.

    This time I sold 20 staves. Then I sold 12 mirrored staves for about 50ex profit/each while inscribed mirrors were cheap.

    Here's my offhand staff that I use when I'm not bossing. I swap Concentrated effect with Shockwave and regular Cyclone with Divergent Cyclone.

    If you want to know how I crafted specific pieces or why I did certain things with my build, just ask.

    Extra

    It doesn't take much time to craft weapons.

    • Buying 5 bases takes 2-3 minutes.
    • Buying jagged fossils and resonators takes 2-3 minutes
    • Rolling T2+ increased phys or hybrid phys on 5 bases takes like 20 minutes (like 50 jagged on average per item)
    • Buying 5 fracture 1/5 modifiers takes 5-10 minutes (you will have to wait for sellers to post them though)
    • Buying hillock weapon quality takes 1-2 minutes
    • Rolling phys prefixes on your fractured item is easy with deafening contempts (5 minutes)
    • If your fractured mod is hybrid phys, just roll deafening contempt/jagged until you have 1 prefix open and suffixes full, then buy T4 aisling research (this an alternative for above step)
    • prefixes cannot be changed + reforge speed from harvest takes 1 minute (assuming you save these w/ horticrafting station)
    • craft on crit + quality

    Crafting a high pdps weapon takes well under 1 hour if you're resourceful. The profit margins are like 2-3x the cost on average, ie. 50ex/hr. The process isn't even that hard, you can literally follow a flowchart. Obviously, if everybody crafted gear, the market would be saturated and crafting wouldn't be as profitable. The thing is, most people don't play this game to tryhard. They'd rather chill and spam maps.

    For me, playing PoE is like this:

    • finish acts
    • grind to red maps
    • sell syndicate benches, harvest crafts, gumballs for starter money
    • craft items and list them for sale
    • alt tab and do something else like school, work, reddit, or watch youtube/twitch
      • click something in PoE every 10 minutes to not show up as AFK on trade site
    • use a fraction of money from sales to re-craft what I sold, spend rest on upgrades for my character
    • sometimes when I'm bored and actually want to play PoE, spam haewark for harvests and jun missions (use these on valdo's ofc)
    • repeat above (except steps 1-3) until real PoB warrior is done
    • absolutely trivialize content until level 100, 40/40 (buy some challenges and 5way leech to save time ofc)

    After grinding hard for the first week of league launch, I only have to spend a few hours actually playing PoE in a day.

    I understand that this playstyle doesn't appeal to everyone. It's sweaty and uninteractive. But seriously, why would I waste 8h/day mapping to make way less progress than I can in 1 hour of crafting?

    I realize now that even if Harvest was gone, I can just craft items via essences, fossils, metamods, maven&awakener's orbs. The items wouldn't be as good, but wealth would still be easy to generate because the playerbase is casual. So if Harvest was fully removed from the game, whatever.

    I will add that the game is becoming pretty stale for me. Sure, I could try out Hardcore, but I don't think rebuilding characters is fun. There are way less players on HC than SC, so the market liquidity sucks. Also, the game and its servers are unreliable so that doesn't really help. SSF doesn't sound like my cup of tea either.

    I'm not sure if I'll skip leagues until PoE 2 comes out or not.

    I'll try to answer every question if you have any for me, so feel free to ask.

    submitted by /u/swseo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel