• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 17, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - July 17, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - July 17, 2021


    Questions Thread - July 17, 2021

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 05:00 PM PDT

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Chris beleaves Ultimatum bad player retention was becouse it was too rewarding

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    sauce: https://venturebeat.com/2021/07/15/path-of-exile-interview-an-expedition-into-some-big-changes/

    "And so the fact that it was quite heavy with its reward systems meant that players played it for less time than they normally would, and this was quite useful to learn from."

    So harder and slower game and less rewards (more grinding) YEY i guess

    In my personal experience, i quit on yellow maps becouse my build suddenly did no damage to bosses, and it was too tedious to farm for better itens and farm conquerors.

    Also becouse i knew i wold never experience the new boss fight.

    submitted by /u/mormes22
    [link] [comments]

    My quick take on Ailment Visual Cues

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:56 AM PDT

    Aesir armor mtx look... uhm...

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    Am I paranoid or this really makes sense?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    Chris Wilson on Allcraft (Thursday)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:45 AM PDT

    My shitty presentation on how i think Ailments should be shown now that we need to react to them.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 10:08 PM PDT

    The nerf to support gems is (relatively) a huge buff to the utility of aurabots/cursebots, which will make the gap between aurabots and auranots even bigger

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 01:36 AM PDT

    With support gems heavily nerfed, all player skills will lose damage, but it didn't sound like they were talking about nerfing any numerical modifiers on auras, which suggests that hiring aurabots will be a better investment (opportunity cost wise) than upgrading support gems this league.

    Since content was absolutely trivialized even at the highest tiers in prior leagues without aurabots, it's absolutely certain that aurabots working alongside pretty much any conversion based build (ideally phys->lightning spell) will absolutely dominate the early economy (I mean, they already did this, it's just going to be even more of a gap now between the aurabots and the auranots)

    submitted by /u/xyzpqr
    [link] [comments]

    GGG please don't do "door league" mistake again

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    Hi folks, have you noticed league mechanic timings from the Announcement stream ?

    I checked timestamps between detonations and it's around 5sec delay between charges. Which makes 20 seconds waiting in 4-charges encounter (assume you nearly one-shot every pack after 1st-2nd week in league or playing minion build).

    Seems like we are getting back to main Heist issue with waiting while Tulli crawling in walls before open a door.

    Does it makes sense to increase fuse speed now or I'm overthinking ?

    submitted by /u/lexplua
    [link] [comments]

    When did the PoE community start seeing high difficulty as a bad thing?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:28 PM PDT

    When I first started playing this game during beta, later during release, and even over the first several years, the general circlejerk around the game was that it was the hardcore ARPG for people who thought Diablo 3 was too casual and handhold-y.

    I don't know if it's just a product of PoE being so mainstream now, but I constantly hear people complaining about the game being too hard when that was always kind of its manifesto from the start.

    Act 3 Piety used to kill shit tons of HC players; Dominus used to kill shit ton of players; Cruel/Merciless Malachai at release was a brick-shittingly difficult 30+ minute fight. Hell, he was so hard that the general HC wisdom was to skip Merc Malachai and go straight to maps because it wasn't worth the risk. Even making it to maps at all was an achievement on HC before.

    PoE was never trying to be casual-friendly until very recently. That's why it threw a giant ass passive tree at you with 0 guidance, and why it basically went out of its way to kill you for the first 4 acts.

    Now all I hear is people complaining that the game is too much of a timesink because you can't hyper min-max a character and finish The Feared and 36 challenges in like 10 days of a 3 month league.

    Is it just a completely different group of people populating the subreddit these days or what?

    Don't get me wrong, there were issues before too. I remember back in the day, it was way more of an elitist circlejerk. If I made a thread asking for a simple QoL change, I would get called a casual, a babby, etc, which was annoying. But now things seem to have swung in completely the opposite direction where it's just a constant torrent of negative feedback, and people acting as if every small nitpick they have is equivalent to GGG shooting their dog.

    It's not even that I necessarily disagree with all the complaints. It's just the general tone and attitude here sucks nowadays.

    submitted by /u/moal09
    [link] [comments]

    Expedition Supporter Packs | Before You Buy

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 07:35 PM PDT

    Chris: "note that we have rebalanced ailment mitigation in general so there aren't a few options that completely outclass the rest"

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    Translated to common wraeclast-ish: "Dear elementalist, raider, pathfinder, hiero and inquisitor, please say farewell to having 100% elemental ailments avoidance before hitting maps." :D

    submitted by /u/Dex8172
    [link] [comments]

    It's MS Paint season, right?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 01:45 AM PDT

    The technology already exists. Please fix GGG

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    Slowing down the game is fine but the mobs need to be more rewarding

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    At the moment you rush through maps to get currency, get decent bases for crafting, scrap rares because they generally have terrible stats, with gameplay being slowed down, I am concerned the game will just feel like an artificially longer game

    submitted by /u/steelsoldier
    [link] [comments]

    [MS Paint] Max Totem Life/Chaos Res Forbidden Rites Hierophant

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    New Baited Expectations: Brittleknee, KittenCatNoodle, Velyna & piebypie go through the new league, new skills and balance changes in the PoE Expedition announcement

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    The way Chris described the Reaper made me think of a certain character archetype.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    Anyone else worried the changes to flasking vs ailments/curses might be kinda too far?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 12:40 AM PDT

    To preface: we need more info, but I have this feeling that while all these changes are a good direction, it's gonna need refining. Most of all, the flask VS ailment/curse changes may not actually work well at all unless there are even more accessible options to handle the ailments now.

    During the reveal video, they talked about the new way for flasks to be used, and how they had much less power overall. At one point they showed someone mapping, getting cursed, them immediately getting recursed, then recursed again by necromancers.... so if we can't get immunity to anything from flasks any more and have to react, and we can't spam the flasks, then in some cases it's going to not even help? Then wouldn't it only make sense to build for other forms of immunity? If we don't have better options then the already horrifically imbalanced monster damage just got SO MUCH worse.

    submitted by /u/4x6
    [link] [comments]

    Can we get a summon waifu reaper MTX?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    I'd buy that.

    submitted by /u/Exdunn
    [link] [comments]

    Crude mockup of Status/Ailment indicators in order to better communicate being Frozen, Burning, etc. (I'm not a graphics designer)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    GGG, please rebalance atlas progression.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    I love the idea of slowing down the game, and I think the nerfs are a step in the right direction. While I don't want to spend a week doing the acts, I don't think they should be done in 4 hours either. And of course we'll still have people zooming on through, albeit a little slower now, and that's all perfectly fine. Over time, the game will start slowing down more and more, but I'm sure you guys will find the right balance between not having literally every monster be a pushover while still having builds that can zoom, provided they invest a significant portion of time and currency to get there.

    The issue, GGG, is when we get to end game. Atlas progression is absolute ass now. Conquerors weren't fun in metamorph, haven't been fun since metamorph, and wont be fun now. Please for the love of god, give them the shaper / elder treatment. Let Maven take over as the new atlas progression system, Maven encourages players to do a variety of maps instead of spamming the same map, maven progression powers up your atlas, region by region, where as conqueror progression just gives you a shiny rock that quite honestly maven should be giving us instead. Maven boss fights are more interesting than conqueror fights are, way less of a slog, AND they don't require us to run a map that 80% of the time is just a complete waste of time anyway.

    Honestly conquerors slow the game down in all the wrong ways. You have to spam the same maps to spawn conquerors, which slows down map completion and works against maven. After you do your initial 4 conquerors, when you have one watchstone in valdo's rest and run 12 maps + the 4 conq maps to get all the watchstones, you get to do all of two maven invintations, and doing literally any other map outside of valdo's rest maps is a waste of time. This isn't fun, I and I beleive pretty much EVERY player would rather be doing maven invitations all across the atlas to progress regions more fluidly. Sure map sustain might take a small hit at first, but honestly I think with some minor tweaking you can pair the current atlas progression system with the maven system, which would honestly feel great.

    Or if you prefer, find a new method of atlas progression. But no matter how you do it, please just be done with conquerors. I honestly liked doing atlas progression with shaper and elder's petty bullshit far more than this, and that was a much slower atlas progression system. I think we could get an even better feeling with maven's system, but you can't leave it as is GGG. It's one of the biggest reason people burn out so easily at maps now. Please talk to us about it Chris, if it's obvious to me it HAS to be obvious for you guys, too.

    submitted by /u/HannibalPoe
    [link] [comments]

    Tytykiller gets the W and then shows off the 70 win rhoa dinner

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:36 AM PDT

    I beat The Feared last night and could not be happier!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 05:29 AM PDT

    Greetings fellow exiles,

    TL;DR: I beat the Feared last night and I'm still bit "high" from the victory. I haven't had this much fun playing PoE since... ever?Here's the YouTube link (fight starts at 1:00 mark)

    18 days ago I posted how I got my first ever Sirus A5 kill. The feedback was so positive and encouraging that I decided to try A6 as u/interestingquoter suggested and thought why not Elder and Shaper too, as u/SoLo7ripp mentioned.

    Here's my PoE account if someone cares.

    I've beat Uber Elder once before, just before the new Atlas rework and that was also the reason I had to push through then: I wasn't sure if they would ever appear again. Also playing zombie necromancer made the process easy; I didn't need to know almost anything.

    Besides that one time I've always burned out before red maps and have lost interest in my builds. I've always hit a wall whether by not doing enough damage or dying too easily. I haven't had currency to upgrade nor the knowledge what to upgrade. I don't enjoy grinding in general and I'm not a fan of ARPG's, surprising since I have 1,500 hours logged in PoE in Steam.

    But my current build has been totally different, this time I haven't burned out, oh no, our vengeance has just begun.

    As I explained in my A5 post I'm playing Ball Lightning MoM Hierophant, PoB pastebin here

    It has been SO smooth. I enjoy the theme of the build, I -understand- how and why it works, allowing me to modify it when and how needed. So my tip to all you fellow casuals who always burn out and never reach "end-game" content: finding the right build and understanding it is crucial in my opinion!

    So I began grinding again. I have a full-time job, three small kids and a wife so I wasn't sure if I'd make it in time before next league. For reference my character now has (as in writing of this post) 4 days and 11 hours logged. That's 107 hours. (Character age is 53 days 18 hours, so I've played about 2 hours a day).

    So I got Sirus A6, I killed Shaper and Elder, both which were pushovers with this build. I then moved to Uber Elder but didn't realize how much Mavens buffs mattered. That was a lesson in humility when two Shaper death beams reckted me. But I still won in the end!

    I think that's when I got the Feared invitation? I had enough fragments to go and try Uber Atziri. Once again Mavens buffs really showed there, though I haven't beaten her before, so it might just be that's she's so much stronger than regular. But I did beat her!

    Next up Chayla. I've never used a breachstone before. I had two then: Chayla and Esh. I wanted to test the waters by doing Esh first just to see what happens in a breach. Then I got them both. While grinding maps I managed to spawn Catarina from Betrayal. I've never killed her before either. I've killed her twice since.

    SO many new experiences, so many new and interesting challenges! Never knowing if the build and my skill can handle it and yet every time I've persevered! [90% build, 10% skill ;)] It's been such a blast to play these past weeks!

    Alright so finally I was missing Cortex. But the map alone costs 3 ex! By that time I had just bought my Unnatural Instinct (14 ex!!!) and thought there was no way I could grind 3 ex more. But just by playing and selling stuff, even this late in the league, I was able to buy it.

    Another tip for fellow casual/mediocres: the currency really does come from mapping. The point is though, that you need to be running high-tier maps. You could also try to focus in farming certain content. I dropped Vial of Transcendence from Incursion which was almost 2 ex when I sold it. Then just gathering currency and selling things, even 3-5c sells build up. Chaos recipe in the beginning is really good. Also every time I leave a map I have inventory full of rares. After stash is full I ID them and sell to vendor for alterations. Their price always goes up because they are needed in crafting.

    Anyway, next up was Cortex. I was down to two portala, so that really surprised me (went into this fight blind) but once again I did it. And as beginner's luck dictates I got Bottled Faith (9 ex) as loot. I also hit level 93 in Cortex, my highest character level ever. As a side note: I had forgotten how absolutely beautiful the music in Synthesis was! It gave me goosebumps and teary-eyes. I really need to buy that hideout with the Synthesis theme music.

    And then it was finally time to hit the Feared.

    The absolute thrill when I realized I killed them! Oh man, this is the thrill I want to feel when fighting bosses!

    So these past almost three weeks have really shown me a whole different side of PoE. I've never enjoyed playing the game as much as I have now. I've seen and beaten content I didn't even know existed. I've made more currency than my previous characters combined. And it hasn't even felt like grinding. And now there are things like Uncharted Realms? There's so much more to see! I can't wait to start the new league!

    Speaking of which, as everyone is busy talking about the changes, here is my take on them: I rarely use flasks. They are clunky, the keys 1-5 are located in unnatural place and honestly I always forget I have them. So I gladly welcome a playstyle that makes flask less "mandatory". I've only used them when I've had to (Eg. bleed removal) and nowhere else. And I've really enjoyed playing like this.

    Damage nerf up to 40%? Bring it on. In PoB I have 1,1 million dps with everything up (not realistic) and the only awakened gem I have is lightning penetration. So my build has a lot of room to grow. With that being said, as mentioned earlier, I've burned out before due to lack of damage or lack of knowledge how to scale damage. That can really be a problem for new players. But as I understood, the nerf will hit pure damage boost gems. I welcome a change where I actually have different options. Currently NOT choosing the damage gems is like intentionally shooting yourself in the leg.

    I enjoyed the Feared fight much more than any other because I couldn't melt the bosses in seconds. This build has been so good that it has trivialized most normal content. I would gladly see a slower, less damage, kind of playstyle but I wholeheartedly agree that enemy damage must also be toned down and the loot system needs a rework! Less loot but make it more meaningful. Or then more currency items (in one stack!) so that it's more feasibly to actually try crafting yourself.

    I've always hated dying because most of time I don't know why I died. That's another thing I would love to see but we can't have everything. All in all I'm glad GGG has the guts to really try something different. Maybe it will suck, maybe it won't. At least after next league we'll know. Bold decisions are better than stagnation.

    Anyway thanks for coming to my TED talk.Thank you for all the kind words in my A5 post, have a wonderful weekend and see you all (hopefully) in the next league!

    Edit: Fixed a link and added character age.

    submitted by /u/Mustahaltija
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel