• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 5, 2022

    Path of Exile Builds Weekly Question + Crafting Advice Thread – March 03, 2022

    Path of Exile Builds Weekly Question + Crafting Advice Thread – March 03, 2022


    Weekly Question + Crafting Advice Thread – March 03, 2022

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 02:30 PM PST

    Until we are at least 1 month into the league the question post + crafting post will be consolidated to allow for a stickied build post

    Ask any simple questions here that don't warrant their own post.

    Good question for this page: "Why do some non-minions builds take minions nodes?"

    Question that should have its own post: "How do I improve my build?"

    ____

    Please use this thread if you're simply seeking advice on how to craft an item and provide as much information as possible so people can provide you with the best advice!

    Useful tools:

    Do you have suggestions on other tools that should be included here? Message the mods!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Noob looking for a build to finally achieve something in PoE

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 12:16 AM PST

    I have several hundred hours in PoE and I think I never reached red maps in the game. I never killed any of the bosses people talk about. I come back every other league because the game is really fun and I enjoy the progression within the acts but then the following happens:

    I have selected some guide with tags like 'easy', 'tanky' , 'ssf' or 'clears all content on less than an alteration shard'. But then somehow the guide shows a PoB with some clusterfuck-jewels I can never afford, a headhunter and some crafted weapon that is 'absolutely easy to craft', but in reality needs a diploma in electronics engineering to understand. Also the skillgems go from 'Just take Arc and add lightning damage' to vaaled six-links with so many gems I dont even have the space for in my items or my skillbar. Long story short, I lose the direction to go, miss vital explanation and then lose interest in that particular build.

    I am a dad gamer now. I dont have infinite time. I want to play the game, follow a clearly written and easily comprehensible guide and finally do some things in the game. I am looking for a build which is easy to understand, build and play. I don't want it to require professional piano skills just to manage the flasks. I have no clue about crafting other than my workbench. I do trade but I have no means of aquiring real amounts of currency. I drop an Ex here and there but its all luck and not guaranteed.

    Is there a build for me or am I a hopeless case and should move on to Raid: Shadow Legends? I enjoy spells, bows, melee, dots, explosions and thorny builds. Not so much mines, totems and summoning.

    Thank you for reading this rant/cry for help.

    Edit: I just started the Righteous Fire build. Thanks to TheHappyEater! But thank you all for your comments. My first leaguethingy I did at level 2 dropped me a tabula. Thats what I call a good omen!

    submitted by /u/Nalyda
    [link] [comments]

    Need a build in mind to proceed with crafting.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 05:38 AM PST

    Purifying Flame CoC Elementalist vs. Drox

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 04:33 AM PST

    [3.17] Kitava's Thirst Blazing Salvo Necromancer

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 06:07 PM PST

    Hey guys, this is my Blazing Salvo necromancer I've been playing recently, at first it was just a WIP, but I'm pretty happy with how I've gotten the defenses and the damage of the build overall to feel. We're using kitava's thirst helmet to trigger desecrate, trigger our offering and consume corpses to boost attack, cast speed, regen and all that fun stuff through necromancer ascendancy nodes. This build can easily be pushed for way more damage if you choose too, I didn't find it necessary and I'm happy with how the build is currently. We have around 15k armor unbuffed, endurance charges and max spell block/63% attack block. Do note in the video, I was using tornado in my arcanist brand, which I have now replaced with enhance for a lot more damage through alt quality purifying flame and flame wall. I'm going to test some lightning and cold skills before I move onto my new build. Let me know if you guys have any questions and thanks for checking it out!

    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69nQmMv7PxM

    PoB: https://pastebin.com/WvdBfhGs

    submitted by /u/Incommodious
    [link] [comments]

    [3.17]AFK Expedition Logbook BOSS SCION CWDT

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 05:23 AM PST

    Best all round bow build at mid budget?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 06:15 AM PST

    Title speaks for itself. Tried slapping together a budget version of a bow build as I was tired of my spectral helix starter, and ended up with a lightning arrow deadeye after spending about 6-7 ex. While it is capable of farming semi-juiced t16 ashen woods, bossing isn't a very comfortable affair due to lack of sufficient dps and/or tankiness and I feel like a complete glass cannon sometimes. Figured that I would need to invest significantly more ex to make endgame content feel more comfortable, but got a little overwhelmed with the next steps to take. Should i switch to another skill like tornado shot? Should I use the Interrogation? What chest to use among the more popular choices (influenced rare chest, hyrri's, maybe even brass dome)? should my 2nd 6 link be used for a totem setup or a ST barrage setup? the list goes on.

    In light of all the questions I had, and since I don't feel any need to stick to lightning arrow/deadeye, I figured it would be simpler to ask: on a 30ex or so budget, what's the best all round non-DOT bow build? Doesn't have to onetap screens or phase endgame bosses under 10 seconds, just has to be well balanced enough to be able to tackle all endgame content (save certain aspirational content like wave 20+ simuls, which i don't do anyways). A build guide or POB link would be appreciated too.

    submitted by /u/Smooth-Trick-1771
    [link] [comments]

    40-50 ex budget, Hybrid Mapper/Bosser (other criteria listed below)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 11:38 PM PST

    Need ideas on what to play next based on the following:

    • Not a minion build - im already playing Carrion Golems rn and I kinda miss pressing buttons and feel like I'm the one pumping damage

    • Not a miner/trapper - or at the very least not seismic. My friend is already playing one and I want to try something different

    • Also not Cold DoT - I league started with it and while it was decent, I found it boring.

    • Fairly tanky - I play on a mid-budget gaming laptop on lowest graphic settings (wave 20+ simulacrums almost look like a powerpoint presentation sometimes), I want to be able to make some mistakes when my FPS turns to shit

    • Not too many buttons to press - around 2-3 buttons max

    • Doesn't require decent crafting knowledge, or at the very least have a guide that i can follow to craft good gear. I know nothing about crafting save for the very basics.

    • Has a decently informative guide that I can follow - I've cleared every content by myself except for The Feared, BUT I don't consider myself an expert player. I've played seriously for about 3 leagues, but all I've done is follow instructions from build guides.

    • Plus points for satisfying/cool looking builds that aren't too mainstream - not a requirement, but most of the meta builds right now aren't too appealing to me.

    Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

    submitted by /u/NebulaGray88
    [link] [comments]

    LF MF build to partner Guardian Aurabot

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 12:54 AM PST

    Good morning all you PoB warriors,

    I'm looking for any and all advice on an MF character to partner with with friends guardian aurabot.

    This is the Aurabot being used on poe account HannahJacob2015

    Wondering what is better Kb or bowyer?

    submitted by /u/marinepiggott18
    [link] [comments]

    Help with currency

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 06:39 AM PST

    Hi guys, more or less a new player here, and i have a couple of questions. I just hit red maps, but my currency gain is really slow apart from a few lucky rares. Is there a reliable way to consistently farm currency in this game? Ive heard of strats such as alch and go but im not exactly sure how they work.
    can anyone share their tips on how to feel like youre making progress in terms of currency?

    submitted by /u/VierK27
    [link] [comments]

    90% reduced extra damage taken from crits useful?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 09:21 AM PST

    I'm playing a Strength of Blood Berserker who's in a position to get 90% reduced extra damage from crits on the tree (30% each from Sanctum of Thought, Armour mastery and Critical Mastery). If I understand this correctly, if a monster were to crit me for 150% of its usual damage, I'd only take 105% (10% of 50% extra damage), is that right?

    While that appears to be fairly strong against red-tier map mods, what's the worst/best crit monster attacks in the game and would 90% reduced extra damage be good against them?

    (Inb4 the "Just Brass Dome" comments: SSF. Would consider if I get it, but the question is whether there is any other chest that I could use, so I have some flexibility.)

    submitted by /u/Seiyashi
    [link] [comments]

    Pushing my LS Raider

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 06:09 AM PST

    Hello all,

    Looking for specific advice on parts on my build to upgrade:

    I think +2 strike +1frenzy gloves and my shaper ring are maybe next? Or my jewels, but I'm a bit unsure how to proceed.

    I've been farming 60% deli triple beyond cemetery, but would like to push higher deli, or be able to do wave 30s. I have about 60ex to spend.

    POB: https://pastebin.com/XeYzRCFG

    submitted by /u/pathhh
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with CI INT Stacking Flicker

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 06:04 AM PST

    Hello hoomans. My name is Gabriel. People know me as Nox.

    So, my question is simple: I have a ci int flicker that sometimes get stuck between monsters, as if they stunned me.

    I'm using an aegis aurora, got 20k+ Armour and 3.5k energy shield as a start, block attack capped, 48 with tempest shield

    What I'm doing wrong that the monsters get me stuck ? I noticed this happens with my witch that also uses aegis, it's 75/75 block and uses tempest shield, she too gets those mini stuns amidst large packs of enemies.

    Thanks

    (Check pob, qbratudo > zoom and anger, Flamethrommer)

    submitted by /u/FaithlessnessNo1221
    [link] [comments]

    Poison TS

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 02:06 AM PST

    So I have been fiending to play a poison build, and as tornado shot is my favorite skill I want to make it work. Unfortunately even when I ignore defenses almost entirely my damage is less than I would like. Any help would be appreciated https://pastebin.com/xnaYYPVg.

    submitted by /u/FullStrAsalBP
    [link] [comments]

    Cyclone build help

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 05:44 AM PST

    I think i finally got pastebin and path of building to work. (i'm a console player so i wasn't familiar with all of it) Could the reddit gods be kind enough to take a peek at it at let me know of suggestions for other equipment/ what to work towards? Also i've been debating switching to 2 handed axes instead of swords but i'm unsure if it'll be better or not.

    Hopefully the link works haha Thanks in advance everyone!

    https://pastebin.com/AgLUpdUy

    submitted by /u/thisjedilife420
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make cremation a primary skill?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 05:44 AM PST

    I have been away from PoE for some time but Cremation was always my jam. Being terrible at making builds and PoE Ninja showing no results, is there a way to make Cremation work?

    I was thinking of elementalist for exposure stacking and using sire of shards, eye of malice and snakepit. Rotation seems stupid though with unearth, cremation, WoC for exposure/curse, travel skill, maybe flame wall for extra fire on projectiles? All seems awkward...

    Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Vaehand
    [link] [comments]

    Omni/flat Ele Stacking Raider (Scourge Arrow)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 05:29 AM PST

    So I have about 100ex to invest and I saw a few examples of builds from last league. Just want to see if I'm on the right track here or I'm talking crazy.

    Raider acendancy, stacking frenzy charges, trinity, Omni,secrets of suffering. Stack as much flat Ele on now, abyss jewels, etc. Grace+determ+defiance banner. Capped suppression, ailment immune. Omniscience or ashes of the stars not shure which way I wanna go.

    If I go omniscience I may drop secrets of suffering in lieu of chill/freeze being a huge help defensively but time will tell. Does this seem like a viable build idea ? Can be scourge Arrow or any other bow skill. I really want to play a bow skill lol

    submitted by /u/BegaKing
    [link] [comments]

    RF Strength Stacking Iron Will Shenanigans

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 04:06 AM PST

    Trying to go off build for once. Doing this with chieftain, might try the Inquisitor angle next time.

    Things that vaguely work together: RF => high damage, high health, comes with spell buff, comes with fiery goodness. Strength scales health. Iron Will => Stength scales spells.

    Since RF is fine as a 4 link, I can sun some fire spell in a 6l weapon to cast while I burn. The question is, what spell?

    submitted by /u/eap5000
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a bossing build(35 ex budget)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 05:18 PM PST

    I currently have bv occultist. İt is realy bice but I am unable to do conqueror invitation and feared. And I mostşy lose 2 3 portal on big ones.

    I need high dps, hight tankiness char. I currently have 20-25 ex but will farm to 35 wouldn't take much.

    Please I need active playstyle. No minions or similar walking simulatpr builds. I want brain activation builds that can use some spell or attack. At least no trap, minion or totem.

    Can be dot or hit based. I don't have any idea what to make sadly.

    Any recommendations?

    Did rf before but 80ex budget was not enough for bossing dps recommended? Or something melee? I really don't knıw. I need recommendations.

    submitted by /u/qK0FT3
    [link] [comments]

    Farrul's Fur Lightning Strike: Forbidden Shako?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 11:35 PM PST

    Hello!

    A couple days ago, I posted regarding questions I had on my Farrul's Fur LS build (https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/t34orx/farruls_fur_lightning_strike_help_please/). Since then, I've made some changes to my passive tree and my gear and was wondering how I could further improve my build. Thank you so much for the help!

    I was wondering how I could further improve upon my build and now that I have around 30ex, I was wondering what big purchases I should make and in what order.

    1. Is Forbidden Shako worth running without Mageblood or Headhunter? I realized that people who run it have very low HP and have insane gear so I'm wondering if it's even worth trying to go this way.

    2. If I run a Forbidden Shako, what skill should I be looking for in junction with Ice Bite? I realize that I would have to change my passive tree as well to make it work (if it's not worth buying a Forbidden Shako, I guess this question isn't that relevant).

    3. As for flasks, I'm kinda lost as to what I should be getting. I know I need to craft an attack speed flask but other than that, no clue as for what I need.

    Once again, thank you so much for your guys' help. This is my first time getting anywhere near this level of damage/play and it's been truly amazing thanks to the help you have provided!!!

    POB: https://pastebin.com/fswcBJeP

    submitted by /u/UnhappyHedonist
    [link] [comments]

    Missing a ton of damage in rue's Molten strike champ

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 03:17 AM PST

    I've tried to build rue's molten strike champion, but i'm missing like 50% of his damage, and i don't know why!

    This is my PoB:https://pastebin.com/nquwzjMZ

    This is his PoB:https://pastebin.com/4H8iwV87

    Does anyine have any idea what is going on.

    submitted by /u/Juanlamaquina
    [link] [comments]

    The COMPLETE Ethereal Knives Inquisitor HCSSF Guide [PoE 3.17 ArchNemesis]

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 03:13 AM PST

    Grasping vines

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 11:02 PM PST

    The title says it all. anyone can share a tip or trick to have this mechanic removed or to be immune with?

    submitted by /u/rikmust
    [link] [comments]

    Unsure why my DPS is lower than guide I am following.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 02:29 AM PST

    Hi, could someone help me figure out what I'm missing in my build? I'm using Kay's Carrion Golem and the DPS on PoB is a lot lower on my build compared to the low end Kay build, but I don't think I'm missing anything...

    My build showing 146k DPS for golem combo attack (updated with correct config): https://pastebin.com/nLp8AqFr

    Kay's build showing 1.1m using low end build gems and and no cluster build: https://pastebin.com/T18zN7Tm


    ALL SORTED, IT WAS THE CONFIG SETTINGS. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/JoeWytt
    [link] [comments]

    Winter Orb Ascendancies

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 04:32 PM PST

    I would love to try winter orb this league. Currently on an LS Zerker with OMNI, and farming 40-60% deli double beyond maps with HH. I'm just very unsure which ascendancy would be best for that use case, scion, assassin or occultist. I understand that the power stacking version is cheaper, but couldn't find if it is viable for the type of content I want to do. Especially if the Herald explosions would chain in juiced deli maps. Also I didn't really find a good guide for the occultist version to assess it's capabilities, maybe someone has a good recommendation. Budget is in the 40 ex range to start, but I can make more if it's needed.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_COOL_CODE
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good boss killer build to learn the end game fights

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 10:25 PM PST

    So, im currently playing my CF + KB Champ to farm some money for another build and I'm trying to decide on what to Play. I already tried EA elementalist but the i didn't like the playstyle to be honest and the damage was no that good on an absolute budget.

    I was thinking about seismic trap but i always think that trappers are like paper-made and not really good to learn the endgame fights, especially maven and the feared invitation that are fights that i always had to pay a carry.

    I looking for something that matches those criteria:

    • Feels decent on a 30-40ex budget;
    • Have at least 8mi DPS;
    • Tanky enough to allow me to make some mistakes in the boss fights;
    • Ideally has an item progression guide about crafting or something like that since i don't really know how to craft on this game;
    • Not a minion or totem build.

    I was thinking of some other Ruetoo build since i really enjoyed the CF KB champ. The Molten Strike champion seems pretty good but the endgame version seems pretty complicated to create the items and I'm not smart to figure out myself. The LS Zerk that he's currently playing has too many buttons and setup for me.

    I was trying to find other builds on youtube and on this sub but seems like all have a stupid amount of currency required that I'm not willing to invest since i want to play a winter orb build as my last build in the league lmao.

    Any suggestions about builds? I know that its kinda hard to find something that ticks all the boxes but I'm not a god gamer and i don't have that much time to learn all that shit on my own.

    submitted by /u/darksady
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel