• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 6, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - March 06, 2021

    Path of Exile Questions Thread - March 06, 2021


    Questions Thread - March 06, 2021

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:00 PM PST

    Questions Thread

    This is a general question thread on. You can find the previous question threads here.

    Remember to check the wiki first.

    You can also ask questions in any of the questions channels under the "help" category in our official Discord.

    The idea is for anyone to be able to ask anything related to PoE:

    • New player questions
    • Mechanics
    • Build Advice
    • League related questions
    • Trading
    • Endgame
    • Price checks
    • Etc.

    No question is too big or too small!

    We encourage experienced players to sort this thread by new.

    We'd like to thank those who answered questions in the last thread! You guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How the Sirus/Zana dialogue should have gone.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:07 PM PST

    I did 5129 Valdo Maps and dropped 2 mirror shards

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 04:16 AM PST

    Dominus, The High Templar - Fanart

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:38 AM PST

    Quick little detour, Tidal Island

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:02 PM PST

    Bug or super unlucky? he thinks i scammed him :(

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:57 PM PST

    We're talking all things trading in Path of Exile with Brittleknee, KittenCatNoodle, Velyna & piebypie on this new episode of Baited Expectations.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 04:27 AM PST

    My first craft ever - 560 pDPS one-handed bleed axe - Empyrean Bane

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:05 AM PST

    3d render oil

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:58 AM PST

    Mathil thumbnail perfectly encapsulates modern PoE

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:44 PM PST

    Didn't know you can move the ULab totems around with Void Sphere

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:19 AM PST

    Talent Competition - Oil on Canvas - The Feared x Pollice Verso from Jean-Léon Gérôme

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:39 PM PST

    Yo Dawg, I heard you like block! Replacing "The Surrender" for my EQ Glad.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 04:32 AM PST

    Whispered my Friend during Sirus. He send me this Image back

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:48 PM PST

    Cold Flicker Strike shield - probably my most expensive craft of the league

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 08:22 AM PST

    My atlas completion

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:04 AM PST

    [Discussion] POE's performance has been a nightmare on my PC. Help please!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 11:48 AM PST

    Hello Exiles! Is there anyone able to help me out with my PoE's game performance? It has been a nightmare this league. Literally. The game crashes few times a day, randomly exits in least appropriate moments. I even have had like 20 Blue Screens of Death (for the first time on Win 10!). Freezes happen every few minutes. I'm trying to do a lab and out of a sudden everything stops and then I'm dead... My internet connections is great, it's not latency, the screen just freezes for an unknown reason. I believe I have everything set to minimnum (or medium, when there's no minimum). Tried both DirectX and Vulcan.

    My PC is: AMD Ryzen 2600 6core Ge-force GTX 1050 Ti 8GB RAM SSD (poe is installed on it) Win 10

    I am able to play other games including titles like Witcher3. Can't handle PoE for some reason.

    Could any1 advise? Give some clue? Double check some settings? Maybe somebody had same issues and found some workaround?

    submitted by /u/Pijotrek
    [link] [comments]

    Oddly satisfying?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:18 AM PST

    What are your favorite POE builds so far?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 09:10 AM PST

    TLDR; What are your favorite builds so far in POE? What class would you recommend for next league to a fairly new player that looks cool and is viable for endgame? What are you looking forward to trying out most?

    Happy Saturday!

    I am somewhat new to POE and I'm really enjoying ritual league so far as an elemental hit deadeye ranger. The learning curve for this game is insane and I'm finally close to endgame, I've collected some fairly good pieces to beef up my build. It still feels lacking, and maybe it's because i can't run those high tier 15/16 maps yet or afford my endgame pieces. Otherwise I am balls deep in this game and I'm loving how much there is to learn and improve on.

    I've spent a ton of time recently learning and optimizing around new challenges I'm facing as I progress, and I love the way the POE community has been helpful and guiding in the past. Though I'm spending a lot of time playing my Ritual character, it's nearing it's end and I'm thinking about what to try in the next league. What are some builds you are looking forward to trying out next?

    submitted by /u/Soveryn93
    [link] [comments]

    New Vastir Farming: +Emblem Chance vs +Rare Army Chance

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:03 AM PST

    TLDR:

    '+Rare Army Chance' Watchstones appear to be far more valuable in New Vastir Legion farming when compared to '+Emblem Chance' (Small sample size)

    Hey everyone,

    Large post warning! I have been doing some mid-investment Legion Farming in New Vastir and while there was a lot of info to say it was profitable (spoiler: it is!), I was finding conflicting arguments against which watchstones are best between "Timeless Splinters have #% chance to drop as Timeless Emblems" vs "increased chance to include a Maraketh/Templar Army" with regards to splinter/emblem profits - So I decided to test myself.

    Warning - this is a small very small data set (only 24 of each). I don't have huge amount of time and this was really only for my curiosity but I thought others may be interested, especially as the difference is still noticeable even in this sample size. I also only tracked the splinter/emblem drops as they are the primary thing being affected by the watchstones - there are plenty of Vids out at the minute which go into the general profit of this strategy so I thought id skip over this for simplicity (like this one by SpicySushi who looks at MF vs non-MF from 5th March). Also, I'm not particularly efficient so chaos/per hour from me probably isn't a great assessment!

    Also - I strongly recommended you roll your own watchstones. Unless I have been incredibly lucky, I have rolled 6 of these t1 watchstones for less than the price of buying just one. Even if you hit a mod you aren't chasing, you can simply sell it and roll again.

    Set-Up:

    T15 Dunes. All maps rare 20% with rusted Legion Scarab, 2 sac frags and Zana Legion Mod + awakened sextants (didn't hit legion on sextant in either test so no impact)

    4 watchstones in New Vastir. Other areas with 3 stones only to help sustain with the exception of Haework. I was able to pretty much sustain T15 Dunes but with Haewark at 4 stones as well it also meant I could sell T16 Atoll in bulk at 8c/each (T15 Dunes are only at ~3c so seemed like a good trade off for the very occasional non Dunes T15)

    All 3 Legion Nodes in Vastir allocated - nothing else is really valid. For Uncharted Realms I chose 'Secrets of the Stones' to buff watchstone effect and 'Remnants of the Past' for a few extra Guardian map drops. Former is really important, latter is just preference but makes sense if you are running just this and nothing else (I can easily blast the boss with HH stacks after wiping out legions so its not much time wasted)

    24 maps costs 294c from start up but in reality, once you start this you can pretty much sustain Dunes which removes map costs

    Results:

    4x 'Timeless Splinters have 0.1% chance to drop as Timeless Emblems" (0.1% is max roll)

    Emblem Type Emblem Value (C) Emblems Dropped Returns (C)
    Eternal 4 12.7 50.8
    Karui 4 8.7 34.8
    Vaal 6 4.67 28.02
    Templar 30 2.67 80.1
    Maraketh 30 0.49 14.7
    Total 29.23 208.42

    Summary: 208.42c returns in emblems/splinters alone which goes quite a long way to cover investment costs. Other drops on top of this will still shoot way over the initial 294c investment.

    2x 90%+ 'increased chance to include a Maraketh army' and 2x 90%+ 'increased chance to include a Templar army':

    Emblem Type Emblem Value (C) Emblems Dropped Returns (C)
    Eternal 4 8.88 35.52
    Karui 4 5.32 21.28
    Vaal 6 2.36 14.16
    Templar 30 4.31 129.3
    Maraketh 30 7.41 222.3
    Total 28.28 422.56

    Summary: 422.56c returns outweighs the 294c investment so ANY drops other than this is even more profit on top (and there is a lot extra). The Watchstones are a significant boost to rare army chance - it was incredibly rare for me to have a map with neither Maraketh or Templar (often I would have both). Total emblem drops is very slightly slower but not significantly so, and I had more whole emblems dropped as Maraketh / Templar simply because they were in the maps more often.

    So overall - even in a small sample size, rare army chance is significantly more profitable over emblem chance. Hope this was helpful and feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/hesdeadgoawayhesdead
    [link] [comments]

    3.13 - AUTO Self Freeze / Reverse Chill. Hydrosphere TRICK (Woolfio)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:56 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel